Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: SEMI FINAL TWO***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stumpy Tim

A couple of cats can bring down a croc…

PAY-Lion-vs-crocodile.jpg

So it take TWO of the hardest predators in the jungle to even start tangling with a croc. Meanwhile the croc is taking down the largest land-animal on the planet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And Lions generally just ignore the "scrappy doo" of the animal world that is the honey badger. You've still got to be hard to take on an elephant when you know just being trodden on could kill you.

Well, it's suggested the croc doesn't realise it's biting an elephant and generally lets go when it realises. That is a bit different to the lions who do attack the HB as the previous video I posted showing some pretty major injuries.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So it take TWO of the hardest predators in the jungle to even start tangling with a croc. Meanwhile the croc is taking down the largest land-animal on the planet.

Or possibly whatever the largest land-animal was at any point over the past 300 million YEARS.

Not just hard but hard since the dawn of time.

Stumpy Tim

Well, it's suggested the croc doesn't realise it's biting an elephant and generally lets go when it realises. That is a bit different to the lions who do attack the HB as the previous video I posted showing some pretty major injuries.

A suggestion doesn't make it so. A picture of a croc attacking an elephant is a little more convincing than "a suggestion"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In the meantime, it looks pretty friendly and cuddly to me. See post 4.

Here's the full sequence. You can clearly see the Croc being shaken and then being dragged for 25 feet up the bank.

It may have realised pretty early on i would imagine.

Martin-Nyfeler-croc-vs-elephant-full-sequence-600-px-tiny-Feb-2013.jpg

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Elephant is generally about 10 times it's weight.

If a Hippo sat on a Honey Badger it would kill it, but that's not the point is it.

You are familiar with the concept of Pound for Pound aren't you?

Don't be soft.

I'm merely stating that it is unlikely (as studies suggest) that the croc has any intention of tackling an elephant and lets go pretty sharpish when it realises what's its done. This counters the suggestion that the croc is 'hard' for going for an elephant. If that were the case, then yes bloodyhell, it's 10 times as big, what the hell you doing mentalist croc!?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The fact is, a Honey Badger would go and have it out with a Croc if it felt like it, despite the size difference. However, if a Croc saw a honey badger it's equivalent size and weight, it would swim a mile. Remember, reptiles are stupid cowards, if they weren't the planet's dominant species would have evolved across a reptilian (like in the 80's smash 'V') route rather than a mammalian one. Vote HB!!!!

Stumpy Tim

The fact is, a Honey Badger would go and have it out with a Croc if it felt like it, despite the size difference. However, if a Croc saw a honey badger it's equivalent size and weight, it would swim a mile. Remember, reptiles are stupid cowards, if they weren't the planet's dominant species would have evolved across a reptilian (like in the 80's smash 'V') route rather than a mammalian one. Vote HB!!!!

And yet there are pictures on this thread of a croc attacking an elephant. That's quite a size difference...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason the reptiles aren't the dominant species is because a quite large comet killed 97% of life on earth.

One of the surviving 3% were the crocodiles.

Hard doesn't even come close to the word required.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason the reptiles aren't the dominant species is because a quite large comet killed 97% of life on earth.

One of the surviving 3% were the crocodiles.

Hard doesn't even come close to the word required.

Turtles survived too. And puffins. And the platypus.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What was the Honey Badger doing while all these others were being hard?

So you preceded by questioning my understanding of the competition only to counter with an argument that evolution makes something hard?

By that reckoning, a tadpole shrimp, sturgeon, horseshoe crab, jellyfish and wait for it, the fearsome sponge, are among the hardest creatures on the planet, ever!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
The crocodile is big, strong and has massive teeth. It generally takes on animals that are much weaker than itself when they are in the water. That isn't hard. It's like someone with a gun taking on someone armed with a spoon. The honey badger is small yet will take on animals much bigger then itself such as lions.That is hard. Yet the anti honey badger brigade are voting for the croc which is clearly not as hard as the honey badger.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So you preceded by questioning my understanding of the competition only to counter with an argument that evolution makes something hard?

By that reckoning, a tadpole shrimp, sturgeon, horseshoe crab, jellyfish and wait for it, the fearsome sponge, are among the hardest creatures on the planet, ever!

Blue-Green Algae....... ABSOLUTE NAILS

You brought up a comparison of who survived matey, not me.

I only countered the suggestion that reptiles aren't hard because mammals are the dominant species.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

A honey badger dug under an electric fence to get into a lion enclosure to fight them. You wouldn't see a saltwater crocodile do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here