Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: SEMI FINAL TWO***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What about coked up, rubber band wielding, Autralian television presenters?

True that.

Crocodile < Steve Irwin < Manta Ray

Croc deserves his place in the later stages - sadly many of his votes are just revenge by Tardigrade and grasshopper mouse lovers.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
The croc is a bit pants when it gets cold

"look at me, laying around having to warm up before I can go and kill some fish"

#TeamHB(formerlyTeamOrca)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The Honey Badger's weakest point is that it doesn't actually seem to cause much damage to other animals. Sure, it stands up to them and sometimes enough to make them clear off, which is to be commended - but I've yet to see any evidence of it going completely headmental for the massacre of any creature, tearing it apart limb by limb, ripping it's head off - at least, not above the level of what other animals who haven't reached this stage can do. HB seems to be very good at talking the talk - enough to successfully repel other bigger animals on the odd occasion - but it doesn't seem to be able to walk the walk. And that's why I've voted croc.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
On my crappy phone at the moment so hard to do links, but would HB eating the entrails of a 4m python while it's still alive count? Or taking down a monitor lizard? Also I would like footage of crocodile taking a non prey animal that outweighs it.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
On my crappy phone at the moment so hard to do links, but would HB eating the entrails of a 4m python while it's still alive count? Or taking down a monitor lizard? Also I would like footage of crocodile taking a non prey animal that outweighs it.

Nope, no better than what the Grasshopper Mouse does to coral snakes.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Nope, no better than what the Grasshopper Mouse does to coral snakes.
I agree their snake eating is reasonably equal.

This is honey badger vs croc though.

_50062966_50059687.jpg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Yep, and for me the croc does show that sort of mentalness, maiming and destroying its opponents where the honey badger just (sometimes) kills.

Thing is I think honey badger is smarter, so it's mentalness comes from a place of knowledge, not just reptilian instinct.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Thing is I think honey badger is smarter, so it's mentalness comes from a place of knowledge, not just reptilian instinct.

With all due respect, I doubt that the intelligence of either animal is either easy to assess, nor is it easy to compare the intelligence of the two, so I can't really take that as any sort of evidence. And in any case, if intelligence was a factor behind hardness then, as discussed earlier in the competition, humans would win hands down.

The Elephant generally just shakes them off...

The Elephant is generally about 10 times it's weight.

If a Hippo sat on a Honey Badger it would kill it, but that's not the point is it.

You are familiar with the concept of Pound for Pound aren't you?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Elephant generally just shakes them off...

And Lions generally just ignore the "scrappy doo" of the animal world that is the honey badger. You've still got to be hard to take on an elephant when you know just being trodden on could kill you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here