Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If I had access to the inside of the stadium, I would be down there like a shot.
I'll keep an eye on things. There might be some deliveries of bits and pieced that I could take photos of, but that's probably about it?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
From the line drawing there are 5 rows of seats plus the disabled platform in front of those areas and at most c15 rows beind them reducing to one.

I think that given the first 3 rows will overhang the middle of the east lower (and that isnt showing in the image) that the most likely scenario here is that the person who put the image together is not proficient at photo shop.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The main confusion is caused by the line drawing not including the whole of the East stand. The central 5 blocks of both tiers are clear, but why cut off the ends?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
From the line drawing there are 5 rows of seats plus the disabled platform in front of those areas and at most c15 rows beind them reducing to one.

I think that given the first 3 rows will overhang the middle of the east lower (and that isnt showing in the image) that the most likely scenario here is that the person who put the image together is not proficient at photo shop.

This is quite a likely explanation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well I think it's just EXCELLENT that we are going to have such good facilities for disabled supporters, no matter how shit it may look (it doesn't).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If I had access to the inside of the stadium, I would be down there like a shot.
I'll keep an eye on things. There might be some deliveries of bits and pieced that I could take photos of, but that's probably about it?
Pull some strings JS, you are the NSC Community Official Construction Kameraman. Just tell Hebbard you are a 'NSC COCK' and he'll let you in.

:jester:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Has anyone actually looked at the pic and the plans. The plans appear to show what appears to be a 2/3 rows of space without seats where the disabled are. The pic shows large portacabin type things which obviously won't be there.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Perhaps one of our own photoshop experts should try and produce their own:

extend the east stand platinum and glaze it, have the upper seats overhang it, put 5 rows in front of the concrete frontages and a more realistic dropaway of seats above it and Robert's your Mother's Brother.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

extend the east stand platinum and glaze it, have the upper seats overhang it, put 5 rows in front of the concrete frontages and a more realistic dropaway of seats above it and Robert's your Mother's Brother.

Perhaps therein lies the problem, the mockups on the website showing the East Upper with fans in it wasn't done by the club, but by an enthusiast, note the comment "This isn't official, but here's some mock-ups".

The drawings in the Soton program were done by the architects, the club has now issued an official mock up. Why does anyone think someone not involved with the project would be able to do any better. OK, they might make it 'look' better, but if it isn't accurate,what's the point?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well I think it's just EXCELLENT that we are going to have such good facilities for disabled supporters, no matter how shit it may look (it doesn't).

Disgusting attitude. Why should the able bodied fans in the West, who have paid TOP prices, have to put up with imperfect aesthetics, just to accommodate these so called 'disabled fans'?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well I for one think its a DISGRACE. Excluding PROPER fans, to accomodate fancy facilities for fat cat wheelchair users, and their so called 'helpers'. Sack the board.

Accomodating disabled supporters in a way that gives them a decent view, rather than being tucked behind a corner flag at pitch level, which often seems to be the case, is actually an excellent idea, and something the club should be applauded for.

BUT, does the design have to look so much like portacabins? I've just got used to us being rather stylish, and this bit looks, well, a bit crap tbh.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Good to have you back sir!

Even if the only photos it brings is your avatar, then I'm a happy bunny. :love:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Some of the comments on here are f***ing laughable.

IT'S A PHOTOSHOP MOCKUP FFS.

Calm down Tom! It's just like being told Vicente is going to be here for a few years, and then finding out it's the one from Aldershot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On the plans, the gaps look about the right size to be extra disabled seats. On the image on the Albion website today they look far too big.

It's disappointing because the plans look great but today's picture looks awful. I appreciate we are lucky to have a fully-paid for Amex, but to everybody who thinks we should be delighted with every development just because it's not Withdean, I think you're missing the point. If I'm currently driving a Ford Fiesta, it doesn't mean if I am one day driving a Ferrari that I would deliberately scratch every door or smash a window in and justify it by saying it's still better than the Fiesta.

Quite. If anything, you would be MUCH more disappointed about getting a scratch on your shiny new Ferrari than on the Fiesta.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Far from an expert, but adding a few rows of overhang..

Attachments

• newamex.jpg
    newamex.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 472

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports