Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Gus will not be our manager next season. If the opportunity come up to manage pretty much any PL side i think he would go (with the exception of Wigan). I don't understand why people think he would only leave for a top 6 PL club. He is nowhere near the level to be managing at the very top. If he did go it would not be the end of the world, at least then we could change our style instead of the standard "my way or i go home" approach. There is no loyalty in football anymore

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why don't they go after Dougie Freedman ???

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gus is a worryingly short 3rd favourite @7/1 (only 7/2 with some) there are only 2 other stronger fancies joint favourites Lee Clark & Steve Bruce

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Gus will not be our manager next season. If the opportunity come up to manage pretty much any PL side i think he would go (with the exception of Wigan). I don't understand why people think he would only leave for a top 6 PL club. He is nowhere near the level to be managing at the very top. If he did go it would not be the end of the world, at least then we could change our style instead of the standard "my way or i go home" approach. There is no loyalty in football anymore

I think he could well be tempted by a mid-table prem side, but not a side staring into the abyss.

As for the style comment - is it just me that loves the way we play (when we do), and would hate for it to change?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if this offer turned Poyet's head but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. bha is definetly bigger than Gus Poyet, if he does go we'll be well compensated and be in a position to attract some very decent applicants.

Maybe then we can get a manger who has a plan A, B and C. Don't get me wrong i love Gus, but I am becoming disillusioned with him.

D

Deleted member 22389

Correct. Its a chance of the Premier league and even if they did go down, they have the money to buy the players and go straight back up. Gus is always high profile without being a manager.
If we still had Russell Slade in charge nobody would even look at our manager. Gus is already making the noises that he wants to manage in the Premiership, and so here is his chance. And if he goes, he goes, but he will leave us without completing his job and sticking to the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Gus is a worryingly short 3rd favourite @7/1 (only 7/2 with some) there are only 2 other stronger fancies joint favourites Lee Clark & Steve Bruce

He has gone from 28/1 to 4/1 in the space of about an hour on skybet - although I gather that can happen with just a few people sticking some money on him.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think he could well be tempted by a mid-table prem side, but not a side staring into the abyss.

As for the style comment - is it just me that loves the way we play (when we do), and would hate for it to change?

I love it too, when it works. The problem is when it don't work. We don't change tactics. Whether we are winning or losing we play the same way. He is frightened to mix it up.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I love it too, when it works. The problem is when it don't work. We don't change tactics. Whether we are winning or losing we play the same way. He is frightened to mix it up.

But his record is superb, we win more than we lose, even in the Championship and FA Cup. If he literally had plan A, B and C that could turn any game on its head, he'd be the biggest football genius ever to walk the earth...

It's all opinions, but I certainly don't share yours!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he goes I'll be disappointed but I have no doubt that Bloom will pull another rabbit out of the hat, whether it be a Curbishley or another young gun. As has been said BHA is bigger than Gus Poyet. If he really does have faith in his own ability rather than chasing a bigger pay packet he'd be a bit of a mug to quit at the moment. He will have loads of time to get into the big time if he can finish what he started here, if not somebody else is gonna fall on their feet.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think he'll go but I am much less stressed about him going now than I was 6 months ago.. don't know why really.

Personally, I think it's because if the wheels had come off last season, there could have been a lot of rebuilding necessary to get us up out of League One, and we know full well how hard it is to find the right man to do that job. If he was to go now, we have consolidated in the Championship (which ain't the worst league in the world to spend a few years), and would probably be quite an attractive job. Having said that, I still think it would be terrible news if he left.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The important Tweet.

James Fielden [MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]_Fielden Close
Lots of people asking me about Gus Poyet coming to Wolves. I reported our approach had been rejected on Saturday twitter.com/#!/James_Field… #wwfc

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dont want him to go, but obviously we cant stop him - if he wants to manage a Premier League team with no ambition then its up to him.

If he goes, id go for Paolo Di Canio to replace him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here