[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When you look at both clubs, the state and capacity of the stadia, ticket prices, the outlets within the ground and what they generate etc etc 20% seems small to me. Palace beer/food generation must be tiny in comparison to Albion, corporate income too.

Who would want to use Selhurst for anything? Although maybe due to restrictions in what our stadium can be used for outside of football (lingering NIMBIES) we're not that different in that metric? Perhaps the true indication is against clubs like southampton, Leicester.

Just something that always surprised me, with the attendances and corporate beast we've become I'd expect greater difference but perhaps thats naieve expectations
Maybe there's been a mix up and the Palace revenue numbers are actually for the Sainsbury's next door.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When you look at both clubs, the state and capacity of the stadia, ticket prices, the outlets within the ground and what they generate etc etc 20% seems small to me. Palace beer/food generation must be tiny in comparison to Albion, corporate income too.

Who would want to use Selhurst for anything? Although maybe due to restrictions in what our stadium can be used for outside of football (lingering NIMBIES) we're not that different in that metric? Perhaps the true indication is against clubs like southampton, Leicester.

Just something that always surprised me, with the attendances and corporate beast we've become I'd expect greater difference but perhaps thats naieve expectations
Our stadium is 20% bigger, so it follows that non-TV revenue is around 20% more. Pitchside advertising and shirt sponsorship is going to reach a similar number of viewers, so it would make sense that the income from that is similar. This might change in the current season with European exposure and a wider audience.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Our stadium is 20% bigger, so it follows that non-TV revenue is around 20% more. Pitchside advertising and shirt sponsorship is going to reach a similar number of viewers, so it would make sense that the income from that is similar. This might change in the current season with European exposure and a wider audience.
That theory would suggest there's no revenue benefit from a new stadium compared to a toilet, which goes against popular belief. If the difference is only ticket sales then what's the point investing in stadia?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Feel like this will happen in the next week.

Chelsea are woeful negotiators. They are trying to play hard ball at the moment but they will fold eventually. Annoying, as this is wasting valuable time for us to get a replacement or 2 in.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Chelsea are woeful negotiators. They are trying to play hard ball at the moment but they will fold eventually. Annoying, as this is wasting valuable time for us to get a replacement or 2 in.
does seem to be dragging and judging by Fabrizio's most recent non update we are still a long way apart

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That theory would suggest there's no revenue benefit from a new stadium compared to a toilet, which goes against popular belief. If the difference is only ticket sales then what's the point investing in stadia
Palace's ticket prices are roughly the same as ours, I think. In fact ours may even be cheaper once the transport levy is accounted for.

There does seem to be no financial point in investing in stadia unless it results in extra capacity that will be filled every week. It appears that fans are prepared to pay as much to sit in a cramped old stand with crap views and toilets smelling of piss as they are to sit in a modern stadium with great views and padded seats for Premier League football. I think this is one of the issues that Man U fans have with the Glazers in that they've not been great on maintenance and improvements at Old Trafford. Fans are still paying to fill the stadium every week, so why should they bother?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
With Fabinho looking like he’s off to Saudi… Liverpool will need a new dm. Does that’s open the door for them to look at Caicedo?

Already proven that he works well alongside Mac Allister…

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I find Fabrizio Romano to be one of the most reliable sources, will be following this saga on his account.
I agree, he continually updates his stance on the process to ensure that his previous statements are 'developed' (corrected) to reflect what he 'understands' (has been told by someone that may/may not be close to the situation) - it must be exhausting and extremely time consuming. However, sooner or later he'll arrive at the same conclusion as the ongoing discussions and get it completely right. and here we go!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Nothing worse than your partner turning to you in the morning and telling you it's over.
This is more like one of those times it's been coming for months, you've both been giving hints you want out, and when it finally happens you give each other a big cuddle and move on with your life.
Big question is whether we get their fit, younger mate in return.
What a fabulous analogy! :)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

It looks like their ' deck clearing ' exercise probably needs to be near completed first before they can consider getting near the sort of figure we want to persuade us to part with Caicedo and he can complete his dream move ( oh...sorry....that was Arsenal....and might be Liverpool or Man Utd or anyone else who can pay him a lot more money, so that his impoverished and extended family back in Ecuador can be provided for over the next 300 years )
Until then, expect more tiresome press statements, more gossip, more links ad infintum, until he completes his ' dream move ' to pastures new and we can move on and put all his excellent performances, accompanied by constant play acting, behind us.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Tony Bloom gets what he wants Caicedo then gets what he wants. NOT BEFORE!
full house poker GIF

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
International players back in todays training gallery - no Moises though ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just noticed Caicedo trending on twitter so took a rare dip outside my following timeline into the wild of social media. And from what I can tell, it appears that an agreement had been reached with chelsea for 80m. This was agreed because Brighton had given up on Colwill and were looking elsewhere. Another factor was that Colwill is handing in a transfer request when he returns to Chelsea, so will form part of the deal. Also, Liverpool in the last few hours have started to show an interest in Caicedo following Henderson agreeing to sell out sign for Al-Ettifaq, and they are very confident of getting him because there's a good relationship between Brighton and Liverpool. Despite a deal with Chelsea being agreed, there is still a sticking point on how the 80m upfront will be paid, which is surely hampered by the revelation that they refuse to pay 80m for him, and that it's a wrinkle in the negotiations. Negotiations that are almost wrapped up. But Liverpool's interest is fake, made up by their fans to torment the Chelsea fans. Also, it seems at least one Chelsea fan appears to think we're unaware of the Chelsea quotes that were picked out of the 11min interview earlier this week.

So there you have it. Every fact about the deal, clearing up any confusion. You're welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports