Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw somewhere an alleged quote from the man basically saying that he couldn't ignore interest from Chelsea because they're such a great club from such a great city band and on Twitter someone suggesting that Chelsea are baulking at the price, don't want to pay over £80mil and are wary of getting burned in negotiations!!!!! What could they possibly be referring to??? Anyway, looks as though this deal may have some legs although it's currently shrouded in rumour, invented stories fibbery. I'd say its 60:40 in favour of him leaving atm.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Saw somewhere an alleged quote from the man basically saying that he couldn't ignore interest from Chelsea because they're such a great club from such a great city band and on Twitter someone suggesting that Chelsea are baulking at the price, don't want to pay over £80mil and are wary of getting burned in negotiations!!!!! What could they possibly be referring to??? Anyway, looks as though this deal may have some legs although it's currently shrouded in rumour, invented stories fibbery. I'd say its 60:40 in favour of him leaving atm.
Yep. If they stump up £100m.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But we should be streets ahead of clubs like Palace, but we don't seem to be. I find that baffling.
Au contraire.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 10.35.53.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nothing worse than your partner turning to you in the morning and telling you it's over.
This is more like one of those times it's been coming for months, you've both been giving hints you want out, and when it finally happens you give each other a big cuddle and move on with your life.
Big question is whether we get their fit, younger mate in return.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But we should be streets ahead of clubs like Palace, but we don't seem to be. I find that baffling.
We are streets ahead of them. Not only did we finish in the top 6 with them in their annual mid-table-mediocrity position, but we did it in a year where the accounts will probably show a profit of over 100m in comparison to their annual loss of around 20-30m. We also don't have a stadium falling down on 3 sides.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I believe we are still waiting on God to make his mind up. For a man who created the world in 6 days he seems to be taking his time over deciding on the future of Caicedo.
And he's got a fair bit of time on his hands at the moment too. Fair enough during the season, most of his time is taken up with answering prayers from players who can't seem to go ten seconds without having a word but he really should be getting some close season admin done now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why? We ended up 6th because we don't act like a top 6 team. Exactly what in the last few years suggests that Tony's model isn't working?
Read my next post, re the Barber interview then comment :thumbsup:

The model will evolve.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Nothing worse than your partner turning to you in the morning and telling you it's over.
This is more like one of those times it's been coming for months, you've both been giving hints you want out, and when it finally happens you give each other a big cuddle and move on with your life.
Big question is whether we get their fit, younger mate in return.
That's broaching Prince Andrew territory.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We are streets ahead of them. Not only did we finish in the top 6 with them in their annual mid-table-mediocrity position, but we did it in a year where the accounts will probably show a profit of over 100m in comparison to their annual loss of around 20-30m. We also don't have a stadium falling down on 3 sides.
Revenue. Clear as day in the other metrics but revenue (outside of player sales) not as marked a difference. Really odd, should be at least 50% above those arsehats I'd have thought

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Revenue. Clear as day in the other metrics but revenue (outside of player sales) not as marked a difference. Really odd, should be at least 50% above those arsehats I'd have thought
Difference in turnover for 21-22 season of £174.5m for BHA compared to £160m for Palace isn't that much in terms of percentage, but that's because majority of revenue for both clubs is from TV money.

Our TV money was 126m. The other 48.5m will come from matchday income (about 20m) and commercial income. Palace's TV for 21-22 will have been approx 7m less due to finishing 3 positions lower in the table - approx 119m - so their matchday+commercial will have been around 41m. Roughly speaking, our income other than TV money was about 20% more than Palace's, which sounds about right for the difference in stadium capacities.

I would imagine it'd be higher this season due to higher profile gained from European qualification.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Difference in turnover for 21-22 season of £174.5m for BHA compared to £160m for Palace isn't that much in terms of percentage, but that's because majority of revenue for both clubs is from TV money.

Our TV money was 126m. The other 48.5m will come from matchday income (about 20m) and commercial income. Palace's TV for 21-22 will have been approx 7m less due to finishing 3 positions lower in the table - approx 119m - so their matchday+commercial will have been around 41m. Roughly speaking, our income other than TV money was about 20% more than Palace's, which sounds about right for the difference in stadium capacities.

I would imagine it'd be higher this season due to higher profile gained from European qualification.
When you look at both clubs, the state and capacity of the stadia, ticket prices, the outlets within the ground and what they generate etc etc 20% seems small to me. Palace beer/food generation must be tiny in comparison to Albion, corporate income too.

Who would want to use Selhurst for anything? Although maybe due to restrictions in what our stadium can be used for outside of football (lingering NIMBIES) we're not that different in that metric? Perhaps the true indication is against clubs like southampton, Leicester.

Just something that always surprised me, with the attendances and corporate beast we've become I'd expect greater difference but perhaps thats naieve expectations

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I just want to know now. I feel I am pulling an incredibly painful plaster off, very, very slow. Tony, just rip it off so we can all move on.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Anybody in any recent posts on this thread got any actual thoughts on yer actual Caicedo situation? ???
Chelsea are storing up FFP issues because of massive transfer spending and legacy wage structures (much like Manchester United). They have no European football and are coming off a calamitous season. They are tying young(er) players to huge contract lengths and are trying to drive down £2-400k a week salaries. UEFA have pissed on their bonfire a bit by limiting amortisation periods. Paying another £100m for a midfielder on a Brighton-matching 5+ year contract on substantially higher wages is no small undertaking. They are shedding legacy players as quickly as they can. Despite the overwhelming recent (Abramovich-fuelled) success of Chelsea, they are in a massive transition state and there are no guarantees that they’ll sort it out anytime soon. I think Caicedo should stay with Brighton and should have a very hard look at the decisions made by Cucurella and Potter. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here