Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We know Caicedo wouldn't turn down a move.
We know that RDZ told Caicedo to work hard and move to a bigger club this summer.
Naylor has obviously been briefed by the club the 100m valuation so we know the club want to sell.

Would love him to stay but all the signs point to that not happening.
Hi didn’t tell him to move to another club ffs! He said he probably deserves to be at a bigger club. He also said it’s possible he may move this summer, not a definite.

Also I’d suggest the club don’t want to sell considering the £100m price tag being banded about.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yes but will go next summer for a fee comfortably below the £100m mentioned a la what happened to Ali Mac this summer with his lower than expected transfer fee. Also think the wages we are paying him are high (not as high as what he'd get obviously but enough for him to live until he gets his 'dream move'). I for one would be happy if this is the case as think we really need Moises next year.
Be happy with this too.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Football rumours about Caicedo to Chelsea have come thick and fast, to the tune of a dozen a day for months. Yet still some dick wads think they have an exclusive when they announce Chelsea are hoping to sign Caicedo. I think these platforms should be limited to one rumour per club, per month and no repeats - they also can't repeat someone else's rumour. Personally not sure if he stays or goes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the only way he goes to Chelsea is if we get Colwill as part of the deal. I’ve been confident that one of them will be playing here next season and one won’t, all the time that Chelsea are the only club involved.

Of course, him going to a mid table club with no European football makes no sense so you could be right if a big club comes in for him.

That would be a Colwill loan imho.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think there has been a slight shift with Chelsea’s stance on Colwill in that they want him to stay but will consider his view. If he talks to Poch and says he wants to go then I can see them using him in the Caicedo deal.
Optimistic perhaps, but let’s see.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where do you sit on this Bozza?
I still very much believe he's outta here.

It's my belief that we've told him he can leave (yes, yes subject to a satisfactory offer etc) and he probably considers that largely a done deal. He'll be one sulky young millionaire footballer if we don't deliver on that promise.

A deal will be found that suits all parties and he'll be a Chelsea man come September.

it's interesting how long it's all taking though, which has probably lowered my expectation from 99% to, maybe, 90%.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That’s my view.

But responding to @GB’s post where he sees a swap, I just don’t see :wanker: Boehly/Winstanley:wanker: giving up the crown jewels. Imho Colwill will win a 80+ England caps player.
If we want to stay around the top 6, we need to start acting like a top 6 team, especially when it comes to our prized assets.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not until the commercial income supports doing it on a long-term basis……and we’ll never compete on level terms with the Middle Eastern money.
I’m not suggesting we’ll ever compete with middle eastern money.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
If we want to stay around the top 6, we need to start acting like a top 6 team, especially when it comes to our prized assets.
Yes and no. Agree that being selling club a la Saints is destined to lead to failure eventually (albeit they had 3-4 seasons around top 6) but everyone has their price. TB is shrewd enough to weigh up the risk/reward benefit.

Yes, MC would be a big loss, but let’s say he stays and then does his ACL in, or loses form badly (he has only played 53 games for us), then it seems like £100m opportunity cost to fund replacements and keep a war chest for future signings has been missed.

My guess is that his agent (I am far from convinced that MC is playing as much a part of this personally as is reported; his ‘statements’ are surely written by agent) agreed to a new contract in March as a deal with the club: bang his contract up to 2027 in return for an agreement that he can go for an appropriate valuation. That is probably informal as the club reportedly don’t do release clauses. Expect a transfer request soon.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
But we should be streets ahead of clubs like Palace, but we don't seem to be. I find that baffling.
I’m going by an interview with Barber I listened to, maybe two years ago. He said that eventually we will aim to sign players ready for our level, as well as players with potential. Qualifying for Europe is a step in that direction IMO. I’m pretty sure that Bloom and Barber are aiming for Europe on a consistent basis, not just a one season wonder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here