Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Kuipers get a new contract?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't see him getting a contract anywhere else, or wanting to go anywhere else.

So he may stay here on a cheap deal as a back up for Brezovan but cool head to support Walker. similar to the role that Naisbitt has played since he arrived in March. On the books but never in the squad unless Brezovan gets injured

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A better keeper than Brezovan but PB is one of Poyet's darlings. FDM will want first team football so he'll more than likely be looking to move on sadly

Is this the same Poyet who dropped Brezovan after the Wycombe game? Kuipers is too injury prone. You cannot rely on him to be fit so there is always a danger you will need to get a loanee in. Also, the defence has looked a lot more confident since Brezovan came in as he is a lot more commanding. He also has better distribution and is about the same shot stopper so I would definitely rather have Brezovan whether as first choice or backup.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FDM is a fine natural athlete and has a few good years still in him at League level, either here or somewhere else.

Oh, and the Albion owe him a testimonial year or the cash equivalent. Bigtime.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FDM is a fine natural athlete and has a few good years still in him at League level, either here or somewhere else.

Oh, and the Albion owe him a testimonial year or the cash equivalent. Bigtime.

This.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Tom Hark said:
Just how many people do you think would turn up for a pointless game against the likes of Watford reserves,the calibre of team we always get for testimonials.He could make more money by being given a withdean burger franchise for a year. FDM former dutch marine burger flipper has a certain ring to it.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
With rumours that the wage bill was 5K a week for County League football how much more will it be for Ryman next season? 5 year plan to reach Conference ?:ohmy:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just how many people do you think would turn up for a pointless game against the likes of Watford reserves,the calibre of team we always get for testimonials.

you mean like the Gary Hart testimonial against Charlton? isnt he due a testimonial this summer? i think he'get a contract, happy to bench warm and relatively high quality for a reserve keeper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
No contract is being offered to the big Dutchman. IMO he will easily pick up a contract somewhere in League 1. Bresovan has been offered 12 months and a new No. 1 is on Gus's shopping list.
Signed for two years according to Seagulls.co.uk - I would check your sources!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I will be very disappointed whenever FDM leaves this club.

Even if he has lost the #1 shirt, who better to have on the bench, pushing Brezovan and willing the team and the club to go on to the next level.

An inspirational character who deserves more than being let go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is doing coaching badges

Can you honestly see Kuipers as a coach?

It's nothing to do with your ability as a player and everything to do with your ability to manage and motivate individuals.

Is that Kuipers? At League level I mean.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I will be very disappointed whenever FDM leaves this club.

Even if he has lost the #1 shirt, who better to have on the bench, pushing Brezovan and willing the team and the club to go on to the next level.

An inspirational character who deserves more than being let go.

Why does Kuipers deserve more than being let go? He has done the job that he has been paid to do and served the club well. However, we need two keepers who will be fit for most of the season and Kuipers fitness is a real issue as far as I am concerned. We have been forced to bring in Naisbitt for the end of the season and have been forced to do the same thing a number of times before. I think it is time to let Kuipers go sadly but I am hopeful we are no longer giving contracts based on past performances.

Yoda

English & European
Why do people keep having doubts about Kuipers fitness and say he is injury prone?

More than 50% of his injuries must have been when he's been putting his body on the line for the club. (Oh, and the car crash)

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
Can you honestly see Kuipers as a coach?

It's nothing to do with your ability as a player and everything to do with your ability to manage and motivate individuals.

Is that Kuipers? At League level I mean.

He will make a good coach the younger goalies look up to him and has the respect of a lot of previous managers who I think will want his services

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here