Will Kuipers get a new contract?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
All quiet on this one which leads me to believe that time is up for FDM legend, I hope not as he is a loyal servant in a not very loyal football world! Discuss

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Of those players who are out of contract Kuipers may well be the most willing to stay on reduced terms knowing he will be not be a first choice player. I think no matter what we will be looking for a new first choice keeper and Michel is surely more likely to accept being a number 2 at this stage of his career compared to Brezovan. That said I'm still expecting him to be released but he'd still be a decent backup keeper for another couple of seasons.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can't see Michel getting a contract.Great man...will be sadly missed if he goes;has been my youngest's favourite player since he started following the Seagulls.Signed photo still on bedroom wall!
If he goes,he will be an excellent signing for somebody....probably in L1 or 2.:clap:

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Disagree completely and believe he will be offerred one year. With coaching to get him back to DOMINATING his area he would be the better keeper IMO.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
No contract is being offered to the big Dutchman. IMO he will easily pick up a contract somewhere in League 1. Bresovan has been offered 12 months and a new No. 1 is on Gus's shopping list.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes, may be short term though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Disagree completely and believe he will be offerred one year. With coaching to get him back to DOMINATING his area he would be the better keeper IMO.

He's in his mid 30s, if he still needs coaching to help him dominate his box at that age, that alone should be a sign the game is up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no , because he would end up as our 3rd choice goalie.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

The news will be announced shortly, along with a number of other contract positions.

One a seperate note, I saw Gary Hart the other day and without him giving to much away, he doesn't think he'll be getting a new contract. But no surprise really. Top bloke, legend status IMHO.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

he's never dominated the area since he been here so it will take some amazing coaching to get him to do it now!! Id be happy for him to stay on a year as number 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports