Will Hoskins Twitter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We signed him for £500,000 and a 2 year deal. The 2 year deal ended, after scoring 2 goals. Surely we didn't have a "play 5 games and we'll add a third year" clause to the deal?! What a waste of money. It was a mistake giving him a new contract, even before any hint of a longer term absence. If he is out for the season then I reckon he should be employed in another role at the club, get him working with the kit man or something. Make him work for his inflated wage packet.

What an odd post how is it his fault he is injured or indeed that the club feel he warrants a contract extension?

I would imagine Hoskins is completely gutted with his bad run of luck and would be chomping the bit to get back playing

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What an odd post how is it his fault he is injured or indeed that the club feel he warrants a contract extension?

I would imagine Hoskins is completely gutted with his bad run of luck and would be chomping the bit to get back playing

Indeed, bearing in mind it was Dicker who broke Hoskins foot in pre season last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
MASSIVE mistake to extend his contract. DB at fault?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It didn't help that he suffered with depression following his injuries and the death of his baby girl last year.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
MASSIVE mistake to extend his contract. DB at fault?

The trouble is if we didn't then there's £500,000 down the swanny. With the huge amount of money on the bad signings that are CMS and Harley somebody didn't want to make it three.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The trouble is if we didn't then there's £500,000 down the swanny. With the huge amount of money on the bad signings that are CMS and Harley somebody didn't want to make it three.

Harley yes. CMS? What! Didn't he top score last season, or equal top, despite missing a lot of the season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What I meant was the loss in his value.

I don't believe he would command anyway near his purchase price.

Agreed. For now, but here's hoping he hits 20+ this season!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I remember Murray getting this exact same abuse when he was going through his Hernia troubles, the club stuck by him and he played a HUGE part in us getting out of League 1, he then went on to net 30 goals in the championship after getting over his Hernia, perhaps the club thinks we might see similar from Hoskins?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I remember Murray getting this exact same abuse when he was going through his Hernia troubles, the club stuck by him and he played a HUGE part in us getting out of League 1,

This is still the Championship, top of, to be sure, but....

So you're going to see young people on the way up, old people on the way down, and (hopefully high-reward, low-risk) lottery tickets like Vicente, and Hoskins, and Murray.

If you were stable, of prime footballing age, healthy, and a world-beater, you wouldn't be in the second division. Three out of four, yes. Four out of four, no.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I heard this morning that this is the case and he is going to be sidelined again for some time. Really hope its not true but fear the worst. I wonder if our transfer budget will stretch to another striker as well as two midfielders and a first choice left back as that's what I think we'll need.

Re operated on

Total season wipe out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports