Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins Twitter

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Poor bloke looked sharp in pre season games a couple of seasons ago, got that good goal at Cardiff early on that season and then has basically been screwed since then. DO agree with others that he seems to get a lot of love from fans having not delivered anything but lets hope after all the money spent on him (wages, transfer, rehab etc) that we can start to see the glimpses of what we thought we saw previously.

As for the Barnes stuff, will people please give him some support. Yes, he's been reckless and stupid at times but so often he's been played out of position and yet always gives it a go and at times does really make us tick. An odd example was Watford away last season where he was dropped but with us trying to hold the lead Poyet brings him on and his determination and physicality helped up keep that victory. Even the detractors should just support him as he's wearing a BHA shirt and doing his best. He may have been Gus's blue eyed boy but when no doubt picked again this season by the new 'coach' should we start to realise that the managers see something many of the Albion fans don't seem to see?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Feel sorry for him, his tweets are pretty depressing, and it looks like his missus and kids have possibly moved out of Brighton, so not much cop for him.

Hope he pulls through, but maybe we cut our losses ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Feel sorry for him, his tweets are pretty depressing, and it looks like his missus and kids have possibly moved out of Brighton, so not much cop for him.

They live in Watford and have done all along.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Agreed. His finish v Newcastle was expertly taken - a perfect peeling run to beat the offside, and a clinical low finish after the ball was slipped through. He expended half the energy of CMS, but used his runs far more intelligently to find the space.

I've long had the opinion that if we could just get a run of 8-10 games out of Hoskins, we'd have a very decent striker there. Big if though, sadly.

Agree with this, way ahead of Barker and potentially better than CMS and potentially the perfect partner for Ulloa....... IF ONLY ...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not exactly my favourite player. His 4 misses v forest when we drew 0-0 was the final straw.

Very little return for his transfer fee and 2 years wages.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Trouble is, with the 1 striker system, it's harder for them to get a start and get some form.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have no idea whether Hoskins will cut it - but on the occasions I have seen him his movement off the ball was in contrast to what we had seen from CMS. Let's hope CMS has had a chance to look at this part of his game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many misses has CMS had against Posh?

Not sure ? ???

But CMS has ( without looking it up ) scored around 25 goals for us since his transfer, so at least we have had a reasonable return on our investment so far.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not exactly my favourite player. His 4 misses v forest when we drew 0-0 was the final straw.

Very little return for his transfer fee and 2 years wages.

Hoskins had a real shocker in front of goal in that game, but its hardly surprising he was missing a bit of sharpness being as it was probably his first start in months after a few cameos off the bench.

I do believe if we can ever get a run of games out of him then we'll see his quality.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Basically Hoskins has been injured from day 1 at Brighton, how long can we keep a player like that? Such a shame, because that day at Bristol Rovers he ran us ragged.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Basically Hoskins has been injured from day 1 at Brighton, how long can we keep a player like that? Such a shame, because that day at Bristol Rovers he ran us ragged.

Yep, must be his fault that dicker broke his foot in pre season last year! Similarly he must have purposely got his studs caught at the Amex when he did his knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Poor bloke looked sharp in pre season games a couple of seasons ago, got that good goal at Cardiff early on that season and then has basically been screwed since then. DO agree with others that he seems to get a lot of love from fans having not delivered anything but lets hope after all the money spent on him (wages, transfer, rehab etc) that we can start to see the glimpses of what we thought we saw previously.

As for the Barnes stuff, will people please give him some support. Yes, he's been reckless and stupid at times but so often he's been played out of position and yet always gives it a go and at times does really make us tick. An odd example was Watford away last season where he was dropped but with us trying to hold the lead Poyet brings him on and his determination and physicality helped up keep that victory. Even the detractors should just support him as he's wearing a BHA shirt and doing his best. He may have been Gus's blue eyed boy but when no doubt picked again this season by the new 'coach' should we start to realise that the managers see something many of the Albion fans don't seem to see?!

IF Barnes has lost his poor immature attitude (looking good so far post-ref-trip-gate), and IF Oscar picks him (we just don't know what Oscar thinks of him / all the players yet), then he will get my full support, like whoever plays for us, at the game. I reserve the right to criticise him on NSC if justified (there were plenty of good and, at best, mediocre performances from Ash last season)!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

We should have cut our losses, but gave him an extra year. More fool us, IMHO - he has looked good without setting the world alight when he has played, but his injuries are just too common. Money would have been better invested elsewhere.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how well it went, but he did manage to play a few games there.

Again, I don't think he set the world alight at LEAGUE 1 Sheff U. Says it all, really.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
IF Barnes has lost his poor immature attitude (looking good so far post-ref-trip-gate), and IF Oscar picks him (we just don't know what Oscar thinks of him / all the players yet), then he will get my full support, like whoever plays for us, at the game. I reserve the right to criticise him on NSC if justified (there were plenty of good and, at best, mediocre performances from Ash last season)!

Of course we all have the right to criticise, I just feel that he gives more to the team than many people want to see and in my view he gets a particularly hard time across this forum. Likewise though I agree with your sentiments that he also throws in mediocre performances and just hope that his contribution continues to grow as I believe that a slightly more attacking edge from us will bring about more to his game. Hopefully his petulance is at an end (I know its a big trust) and that he can move forward with the team

scooter1

How soon is now?
Hoskins went to Sheffield Utd with a hernia problem, when what he should have done was stayed with us and get properly fit. But like all players, he wanted to play. As it was he did more damage, and needed to have an op before the end of the season anyway. His injuries have been bad luck, and the last I heard was that he was running and things were looking good for a September return

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here