Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins Twitter

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think that a fit Hoskins is like a new signing! (trouble is - I am sure I said this last year!)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What is the latest injury position for Hoskins and CMS?

IF we can get those 2 plus Barnes and Ulloa fit and raring then IMHO we have a great squad of strikers.

PG

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
There is nothing to suggest that Hoskins has the ability to score goals at this level. Personally I would rather we try our luck with barker on the bench this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Paynter, Vokes...

Vokes was pretty good (?!) Paynter was poor but to quote Vokes as bad is an odd one - very similar player to Wood, scored and laid on a few, did a job.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There is nothing to suggest that Hoskins has the ability to score goals at this level. Personally I would rather we try our luck with barker on the bench this season.

And of course Barker has shown plenty to suggest he has the ability to score goals at this level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hoskins scored a goal against a Premier League team last season! When fit he holds it up better than CMS and can finish. The problem is the "when fit" part.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hoskins scored a goal against a Premier League team last season! When fit he holds it up better than CMS and can finish. The problem is the "when fit" part.

Agreed. His finish v Newcastle was expertly taken - a perfect peeling run to beat the offside, and a clinical low finish after the ball was slipped through. He expended half the energy of CMS, but used his runs far more intelligently to find the space.

I've long had the opinion that if we could just get a run of 8-10 games out of Hoskins, we'd have a very decent striker there. Big if though, sadly.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Very much this. All though injuries have been unlucky and different and not because he has a persistent injury

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

From that, we can assume there is nothing to suggest you have a clue what you're on about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A little strange. I heard last week that his op had not gone as well as hoped and he wouldn't be fit for a while yet. So I don't think he means he's about to start training. Maybe another op?

He had recovered from his op back in April at the sponsors dinner and was going to resume training when they all came back from their summer break. Maybe he has injured his knee again? I remember Blackwell had a problem where his op had gone well but whenever he tried to train with more exertion, it started swelling badly.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Stupidest commet of the day. Hoskins clearly has a lot more about him than Barker when fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. His finish v Newcastle was expertly taken - a perfect peeling run to beat the offside, and a clinical low finish after the ball was slipped through. He expended half the energy of CMS, but used his runs far more intelligently to find the space.

I've long had the opinion that if we could just get a run of 8-10 games out of Hoskins, we'd have a very decent striker there. Big if though, sadly.

From what I've seen of him he seems a more natural striker than CMS - positioning and first touch are both better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here