Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That would be Illegal

Dont think it is...unethical definately .

However the Albion wont do it for two reasons:

1) With all the paperowrk, bureacracy etc it will take more than a day.. alot of extra work.
2) All the extra costs... agent fees paperwork fees lawyers etc... uspect that te ventual proift of doing this would work out less than necessary.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Dont think it is...unethical definately .

However the Albion wont do it for two reasons:

1) With all the paperowrk, bureacracy etc it will take more than a day.. alot of extra work.
2) All the extra costs... agent fees paperwork fees lawyers etc... uspect that te ventual proift of doing this would work out less than necessary.

It would also give the club a bad name and no one would want to do business with us anymore.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
In theory could we sell him to Crawley or Whitehawk for £1 more than we paid Wolves then buy him back an hour later for an addittional £1. then sell him to Norwich for whatever and not have to pay Wolves any more. Interesting but dont think we would do it but it would circumvent the sell on clauses if somebody did it.
Seem to remember there was a sell on clause with Bobby Zamora but Spurs got out of it when he went to the Hammers by using him as a part exchange....there are ways...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Seem to remember there was a sell on clause with Bobby Zamora but Spurs got out of it when he went to the Hammers by using him as a part exchange....there are ways...

I'd be happy to do the same. Anyone one or two of cody McDonald, simeon Jackson or grant holt, in part ex plus cash would be a damn site better than giving cash to wolves.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd be happy to do the same. Anyone one or two of cody McDonald, simeon Jackson or grant holt, in part ex plus cash would be a damn site better than giving cash to wolves.

I think Holt might be a bit optimistic. The other striker I have heard mentioned from someone on here is Chris Martin and Anthony McNamee has also been suggested at one point. I know Cody McDonald did well at Gillingham last year but he is not proven at League 1, let alone Championship, level so would be a gamble.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Norwich are looking to offload McNamee and possibly Martin as notgood enough for the Prem so I'm sure they would love to send them our way in part-ex. Unfortunately I don't think either is someone we would necessarily want other than as squad players.

McNamee was at his best with Swindon a couple of years ago. 27 and has scored no more than a handful of goals in ten years or so. Noone and KLL are infinitely better for the left side of midfield. Martin is more interesting having done well in league 1 but didn't rate many appearances for Norwich in the Championship so quite possibly no more than a bench player and we could probably do better. I don't think we will get near to Simeon Jackson but he could be perfect for us after a strong end to last season

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think Norwich are looking to offload McNamee and possibly Martin as notgood enough for the Prem so I'm sure they would love to send them our way in part-ex. Unfortunately I don't think either is someone we would necessarily want other than as squad players.

McNamee was at his best with Swindon a couple of years ago. 27 and has scored no more than a handful of goals in ten years or so. Noone and KLL are infinitely better for the left side of midfield. Martin is more interesting having done well in league 1 but didn't rate many appearances for Norwich in the Championship so quite possibly no more than a bench player and we could probably do better. I don't think we will get near to Simeon Jackson but he could be perfect for us after a strong end to last season

Only seen him a few times, but Chris Martin seems to be a very similar type of player to Ashley Barnes. As you say, didn't get too many games this year but hardly set the world alight, though he was impressive in League 1 and still only 22 years old. I wouldn't be suprised if Jackson was made available for a loan deal, depends if he'd rather be 4th choice at Norwich (at best) and possibly make a handful of Premiership appearances.
Problem with Mcnamee is that he's barely played for 3 years, and can't see him being at his best for a while.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I see in another thread someone has mentioned we are interested in Danny Green, I presume we would be going for both with Buckley being the replacement for Bennett (if he goes) and Green as back up. I wonder if Gus was planning on getting Buckley if Bennett stayed as i'm sure he would of known Norwich would have renewed their interest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He can play on either flank. Knows how to take on a player too. It would free up Benno to come to the centre yes but Buckley can also play that role. They're similar players in that respect. I'm incredibly excited we're even trying to sign someone of his quality. It'd be a major, major shock to Watfords system if we did get him.

(misquoted, by hans kraay fan club)

He can play on either flank. Knows how to take on a player too. It would free up Benno to join Norwich.

:down:

Not going to happen. Norwich have bigger fish to fry now and Bennett's happy.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here