Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Well, Lansbury won't be loaned out to a Championship side

Southampton are after Cork - pretty much rules us out

The other things are possible, but can't really believe you with the stuff about lansbury and Cork

Why do you think Southampton are so inferior to us? We came above them last year, and have a better manager. Not saying we are a bigger club than them, but you are making out that a major club is going for Cork so we have no chance!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Why do you think Southampton are so inferior to us? We came above them last year, and have a better manager. Not saying we are a bigger club than them, but you are making out that a major club is going for Cork so we have no chance!

Because they'll be able to offer Cork a lot more than we would, plus he has already played for Southampton on loan before, so knows the place well.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I heard a rumour that we might get someone else from Watford as well as WB. And possibly someone p/x from Norwich. Anyone else heard this?

Last edited:

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
I love benno, we all do, he's a cracking bloke....... but if we could get 2.5 mill for him and get both Buckley and KLL in exchange, I'd take it,

We'd probably get KLL for just under 1 mill.and Benno gets his chance of prem footie.

What would you choose?

1) Keep Benno
2) Buckley and KLL + 500k by selling Benno......... its a tough one

Defently 2

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Lansbury may have a little substance. I told a mate of mine at Uni who's a Norwich fan to keep his hands off Benno, and he said to me to keep ours off of Lansbury. Thought he mistook me for an Arsenal fan, but reading geoff's thing I understand now what he was going on about. Probs just unsubstantial rumours though.

I'd rather us have Benno and KLL than Buckley, but KLL in any deal would be brilliant for us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't forget that Wolves have a claim on any sell on of EB

In theory could we sell him to Crawley or Whitehawk for £1 more than we paid Wolves then buy him back an hour later for an addittional £1. then sell him to Norwich for whatever and not have to pay Wolves any more. Interesting but dont think we would do it but it would circumvent the sell on clauses if somebody did it.

Sep 1, 2010
In theory could we sell him to Crawley or Whitehawk for £1 more than we paid Wolves then buy him back an hour later for an addittional £1. then sell him to Norwich for whatever and not have to pay Wolves any more. Interesting but dont think we would do it but it would circumvent the sell on clauses if somebody did it.

That would be Illegal

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There

A slight flaw in your theory...

... EB wouldn't agree terms with Crawley or any other club who are unable to meet his wage demands.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Maybe you should contact the club and offer to broker the deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here