Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley responds to Sami's comments

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is it just coincidence that the players Gus wants to sign from us go on the sulk ? ???

No doubt it is, but those who go elsewhere seem to have handled themselves better ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Buckley is an unprofessional fool. There will come a time when he will have reached his peak and will have to move to a club down the pecking order, probably on a lower salary. Will he be arsed to put in the effort, or just happy to pick up a pay cheque and lie on the physio's couch?

Those articles have just confirmed what my eyes were telling me but my heart was denying - I longed for his shit form to be injury-related, but that slump as we now know is because he wasn't giving it 100%. Funnily enough, all of the Derby players WERE giving it 100%. I won't forget his late miss vs. Blackpool costing us 2 points - that was my low point of the regular season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Footballers are such dickheads now a days.

Why could he not have just left a legend, rather than sulk off. Pathetic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Footballers are such dickheads now a days.

Why could he not have just left a legend, rather than sulk off. Pathetic.

I totally agree with this point. Most players will have retired in their mid-thirties and have 50-odd years to reflect on a career in which they'll have probably played a meaningful amount of matches for 3 or 4 clubs. If they conduct themselves well they're welcomed and adored for the rest of their lives by those clubs, but give a couple of dodgy interviews and inappropriate goal celebrations and they've blown it.

What is SO hard about showing a bit of respect to your former club and thereby preserving your legacy? You idiot Buckley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not happy with the £2.5m is a great price argument.
Even less so now we know he was 'phoning it in'.

As said before Buckley is either worth £0 or £10+m.

He's a game changer, a goal scorer and a match winner (when he wants to play).
Or he's a knackered pit pony.

The one thing he's not is a so-so make weight player worth a loose change amount of money.

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Poor sod. Had two good seasons with us, anyone would be unsettled by premier league interest, he is only human. At least he is being honest. I for one hope he does well, while suspecting he may not.

Shame a player associated with such an important moment in our recent history does this, it was the kind of crap a waster like Kazim-Richards pulled

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Exiled Geordie (Albion season ticket holder since the 90s)- Buckley, Bridcutt and Poyet have all joined the forces of darkness, sold their souls, and so can kiss any good will I have toward them goodbye. I hope they have a shit shit season, collectively.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So much for loyalty ha ha !!! Good riddance mush !1

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's especially disappointing considering he gave us one of the most memorable moments in the club's history.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lost respect for Buckley, Bridcutt and to an extent Ulloa for not wanting to play for the team. All 3 you could tell weren't interested except for picking up their salary and exorbitant premiership wages.

Wouldn't include Ulloa in this, he played his proverbials off last season whilst not fully fit, AND he fought his way through the Derby fans to applaud us at Pride Park, class act.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never sure why people take these articles so seriously. How do you know he didn't mention Brighton, but being a Sunderland paper they chose to omit it as of no interest to their readers?

Just looks like a player being honest that he wanted to move up a league to a bigger club. He's hardly gone and spat on the Albion badge has he.

This. I can't believe how bitter some fans are. All players move at sometime or another, and if it is to a higher division, of course they want to go. Only fans are loyal.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
**** him, what a shit attitude to have. Would rather we mugged off Poyet and Sunderland for all we could and left Buckley to rot in the reserves if they didn't want to meet our asking price (didn't he still have four years left on his contract?).

After all the opportunities he has had as well despite having one good game in every 20..

Begs the question of just how often he actually was 'injured'...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Will always remember him as a huge part of that day.

However, as i've said elsewhere, i'm not convinced that he or Bridcutt are going to make a significant impact at Sunderland and when (and it will be when) Gus throws his toys out they could find themselves on the wrong side of the sunderland fans. I'm sure the money will help though :down:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
"Buckley was Poyet’s first signing as Brighton manager after arriving in a £1m move from Watford in the summer of 2011 and the Oldham-born wideman is glad to be reunited with the Uruguayan again."

Great journalism.

Precisely. Er, Calderon, Brezovan, Barnes, Holroyd, Hoskins, etc. As for Buckley, well rid of in my view. Well done DB, PB or whoever else helped to do the deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here