Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley responds to Sami's comments

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
How many more 'Poyet's men' do we need to ship out? Or is that it?

I don't think I would put CMS or KLL in that bracket, KLL at least came out in support of Oscar Garcia last season, which I don't think he would have if he was looking to get away, and unlike Buckley, I don't think there has been a noticeable dip in performances.

Others whos performances did dip were released in the summer I.e. Koosh, Lopez and Orlandi, so maybe the decks are cleared now.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He may as well have just said "I'm a sulker, totally unprofessional and not a good person to have around if I don't get my own way"....we are well shot of him.

Him and Gus are made for each other, then :lol:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He's got buckleys hope of achieving anything with an attitude like that.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Never sure why people take these articles so seriously. How do you know he didn't mention Brighton, but being a Sunderland paper they chose to omit it as of no interest to their readers?

Just looks like a player being honest that he wanted to move up a league to a bigger club. He's hardly gone and spat on the Albion badge has he.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Slightly in defence of Buckley, what happened to not standing in a players way when they have a chance to play in the prem.

Is it OK to say this about Bridcutt who had been acting the **** up until January and not stand in his way, but Buckley until then had been playing the way we know he can.
To me, it has shown players that if you throw your toys out you will get what you want as in Bridders case, but play the game as Buckley had done until the end of January and the not standing their way does not apply?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Basically, he's given an interview to the local press at his new club, and said what he thinks the Sunderland fans will want to hear - that he was desperate to play for them. It always amazes me that these dense footballers give these interviews in a manner that suggests they think only the local fans will ever read the comments.

Its like the Prem players who go off home to France or wherever in the summer and give disparaging quotes to their home media, and are then surprised when our media pick up on it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a twunt you are Buckley. You received 100% support from the club and its fans but you've now given us a reason to lump you in with the likes of Leon Knight and Bridcutt. Thanks for the opening day of The Amex memories but that's it from me. I hope this move works out to be bloody horrible for you-simply because you f**cked us over with your sulking and lack of commitment whilst you were being paid a feck of a lot of money by The Albion. Yes, they may have pulled the plug on the deal in January but why shouldn't they have done? Players show no loyalty to the football clubs who make them wealthy beyond their dreams so why shouldn't clubs act the same towards players and agents?
I am fairly sure that is the only place I have ever read or am ever likely to read those two players lumped into the same category!

Knight is one of the biggest cocks to have ever played for the club - only Mickey Thomas comes close. How you can consider Bridcutt as in his bracket is beyond me.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Slightly in defence of Buckley, what happened to not standing in a players way when they have a chance to play in the prem.

Is it OK to say this about Bridcutt who had been acting the **** up until January and not stand in his way, but Buckley until then had been playing the way we know he can.
To me, it has shown players that if you throw your toys out you will get what you want as in Bridders case, but play the game as Buckley had done until the end of January and the not standing their way does not apply?

Yes, usually, but think of the bedwetting that would have gone on here if he'd gone in January and not been replaced. Conway in, Buckley to Sunderland would just about have been OK; but I think the club did the right thing in not letting him go then as we couldn't get a replacement in at the time.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yes, usually, but think of the bedwetting that would have gone on here if he'd gone in January and not been replaced. Conway in, Buckley to Sunderland would just about have been OK; but I think the club did the right thing in not letting him go then as we couldn't get a replacement in at the time.

But surely you can see the message to other players, act like Bridcut get what you want, play the game like Buckley pay the penalty. Not a good message in my view.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Never sure why people take these articles so seriously. How do you know he didn't mention Brighton, but being a Sunderland paper they chose to omit it as of no interest to their readers?

Just looks like a player being honest that he wanted to move up a league to a bigger club. He's hardly gone and spat on the Albion badge has he.

He was crap from January and most of us on this very forum discussed the possibility that his hamstrings were never going to be the same again / could he maintain fitness / was his career under threat!?

As it turns out, and I admit it's reading between the lines, but it looks to me his form this year had little to do with injuries and everything to do with a massive sulk. Games he missed through niggles and twinges I don't even know now whether he just couldn't be arsed.

If he'd played well in the second half of last season and appeared to give 100% to the team, then yeah sure you have a great point. But he really hasn't been giving 100% at all, at £2.5m he's passed his medical with flying colours, and basically you can only conclude that for at least 5 months, he hasn't been giving it his all in a Brighton shirt, and at the very least that is very disappointing.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
New season, new team. It seems we needed to clear the decks, although it wasn't obvious how much of the core team had been poisoned by the drain of missing out on promotion first time round and then the Gus drama. How we got to the playoffs last season with the core of our team disillusioned and firing on half cylinders is a minor miracle. Least the new players coming in aren't tainted by that. If a player doesn't want to be here and work hard for the club then it is better they go, but we need to get a good deal for them and chance of replacing them.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Very much looking forward to taking on Sunderland at some time in the very near future :albion2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am fairly sure that is the only place I have ever read or am ever likely to read those two players lumped into the same category!

Knight is one of the biggest cocks to have ever played for the club - only Mickey Thomas comes close. How you can consider Bridcutt as in his bracket is beyond me.
Because he did exactly what Buckley did? He was being paid a lot of money to play for The Albion, not to just put the shirt on and do nothing on the pitch ( when he could be bothered to actually turn out for us) while he was waiting for Poyet to 'rescue' him. Not questioning his efforts prior to that but he f**cked us about for months towards the end. That's why.

Total lack of respect to BHAFC before he/they left in total contrast to the likes of Noone and Ulloa who were 100% committed to OUR cause until they left.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say I was never a great fan of Buckley as I felt he was a bit of a sicknote and light weight although he undoubtedly had bundles of skill. Never really looked like his heart was in it. That said, fair play to him for being honest. I would challenge anyone in a similar position not to be affected in some way. If you work and someone head hunted you and offered to double your wages and work on a bigger stage, you might not be concentrating on your existing job as much as you should.

As for not mentioning the fans or med team, how does anyone know what else he said in the interview. He was interviewed but I suspect that he didn't have final editorial say on what was published!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Double post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here