Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley responds to Sami's comments

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Laughable comments on this thread. He had a Premier league club come in for him, he got distracted and lost his way. Probably wished he could have handled it better, and stayed focused until they came back for him in the summer. Now he is the anti- Christ.

Are you overreacting to what you're saying is an overreaction!? :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think a distracted and injury prone Will Buckley is still a better bet than Mackail-Smith and I am not going to moan because I would like him back , if possible.
You would like a man back who robbed this club of about 160k while he was 'distracted'? I'd rather have CMS with the first touch of a blind juggler over a Will Buckley who simply couldn't be assed to make the effort for his 160,000.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Elliott Bennett maybe had the same distraction, playing with a deal on the table, but he continued to give his all and thus carries the respect of Albion fans.

Buckley was an embarrassment during 2014

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Elliott Bennett maybe had the same distraction, playing with a deal on the table, but he continued to give his all and thus carries the respect of Albion fans.

Buckley was an embarrassment during 2014

I seem to recall 'Little' Liam Bridcutt also losing his focus following overtures from Bustardo Poyet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you was paying his wages and read that you might understand...My heart bloody bleeds for him,such a traumatic time.
Well it's certainly crap that he wasn't able to remember what his job was, and do it. But there are different levels of crap. It seems some are really pissed off about this. From just reading a few quotes out of context, I'm just disappointed rather than pissed off with him. He doesn't mention Brighton at all in those quotes, but that's not to say he never has (or never will) mentioned us in a positive light.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Quite surprising to hear a professional admit that they were... er... unprofessional. Let's not mince words because that is exactly what it is. It's often said that we shouldn't expect loyalty from players, as football is their job and who wouldn't switch jobs for a considerable pay hike? Fair enough but that cuts both ways. As it is a job then it is reasonable to expect a player to be fully committed to a club while they are paying the wages. How would it wash if I said to my boss "I'm sorry I frazzled the quarterly audit but my head was turned by a position at the cheese counter in my local Waitrose"?

It seems there's not even any debate. We're well shot of him and £2.5 millions is good money.

Good anology....are you good at selling cheese...?:D:D:D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well it's certainly crap that he wasn't able to remember what his job was, and do it. But there are different levels of crap. It seems some are really pissed off about this. From just reading a few quotes out of context, I'm just disappointed rather than pissed off with him. He doesn't mention Brighton at all in those quotes, but that's not to say he never has (or never will) mentioned us in a positive light.

Well said Trig

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I happened to bump into a close relative of a recently departed Albion player last week, who happened to tell me (amongst other things) that Buckley was on the verge of leaving in Jan, but Burke stopped it as the replacement deal fell through. No doubt the right decision - pity Will didn't act more professionally I guess.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Pros - Doncaster game.
Cons - everything else.

I don't blame him one bit for wanting to play in arguably the best football league in the world, any if us who say we would think differently are telling porkie pies. Those of us there on that day he scored the winner in the 97th minute will tell our grandkids about Will Buckley. He will be remembered for those goals rather than anything else. I loved singing his song, I loved it because I loved him. He never lived up to his potential here and I doubt he ever will now. Whilst I'm going on, this ripping up of the Poyet team is most welcome IMO. He clearly had a big influence on certain players and Tony probably wants shot of the whole saga and wants a squad pulling in the right direction and working for each other and the club. Good on him (gone off topic now)...

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Wasn't it Buckley who said in The Argus that he'd never agitate for a move away from here? On his day a player of the highest quality. Shame we only have black and white footage to back up that statement.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Both Bridcutt and Buckley had their hands out to The Albion for hundreds of thousands of pounds whilst handing in sick notes and not being focused enough to pull their weight. Maybe I'm biased because of my support for BHA, and I know it's not nice but I sincerely hope it all back fires on them...Ward too, to a lesser degree. :blush:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
So Sami was 100% correct. Buckley sulked 'til he got his move.

What a bellend.

Which it sounds like should have been in January - if thats the case and at the last minute Brighton pulled out would you not be frustrated? Told at work your going to get a promotion then just as its about to happen been told that you no longer are going to get it? No longer get your pay rise and stay in your lower rank job - I know I would

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So why did we pull out of the deal in January ???

Most likely reason must be that the deal for a replacement fell through for us at the last minute, making the Buckley deal impossible.

Perfectly reasonable, really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Which it sounds like should have been in January - if thats the case and at the last minute Brighton pulled out would you not be frustrated? Told at work your going to get a promotion then just as its about to happen been told that you no longer are going to get it? No longer get your pay rise and stay in your lower rank job - I know I would
No. Its called professionalism.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bit dramatic. Told you're under contract still and that rather than January you can get your move 6 months later. Is that really that unbearable that you can't get back to work and put 100% in?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
At least he was willing to admit it. I bet the same thing has happened plenty of times before and the player in question has either denied that that was the case or avoided the question. Good luck to the bloke.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What a load of nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here