Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley responds to Sami's comments

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I particularly enjoyed the bit where he said " I tried not to think about it because you can't do that when you're playing week in, week out".

He's having a laugh, shirley?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I particularly enjoyed the bit where he said " I tried not to think about it because you can't do that when you're playing week in, week out".

He's having a laugh, shirley?
Maybe he was in playing FIFA?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
“I tried to carry on as though I was going to be at Brighton for a long time, because I was under contract.

“But when clubs come in for you – especially from the Premier League – you do get a bit distracted, so it probably was at the back of my mind for the last part of last season.

“It has been a tough six months.

-

Only if you are being pretty unprofessional Will, sorry.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Shame, I always thought he was a consummate professional. But surely no club wants someone like him... Can't see him doing much for Sunderland either (though he is a skilled player). £2.5m is great business.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can a mod change the title to 'Buckley backs up Sami's comments that he was unprofessional' ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't want to feel annoyed at him - on his day, he was one of our most exciting talents in a long while, possibly ever. Plus there's his almighty part in one of the club's (and certainly my) best-ever days.

But the point is - I do feel mildly annoyed at him. I understand the lure of the Premier League, and the lure of working with someone for whom there is mutual respect. He didn't exactly down-tools like Bridcutt did, but it's galling to know we were carrying a passenger for the second-half of the season, someone who was once (if only for a few weeks) our most expensive-ever signing.

Good luck to him, but it's pretty insulting to think that he wouldn't have got this chance had it not been for the opportunities Brighton offered him, and he leaves without so much as a backward glance.

At least Leo Ulloa was mostly dignified and respectful when he left, and the fact that he has come back to watch Brighton since he left says a huge amount about his character, I'd suggest.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
"Buckley was Poyet’s first signing as Brighton manager after arriving in a £1m move from Watford in the summer of 2011 and the Oldham-born wideman is glad to be reunited with the Uruguayan again."

Great journalism.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And I wonder what he'll do when Gus gets the heave-ho at Sunderland (which is bound to happen sooner or later)?

Try it on again, perhaps?

Sorry, Will. You should have kept your gob shut.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He tore Dan Harding a new one which was incredible to watch and scored some great goals for the club.

But **** him if his attitude is like that, I hope he fails in the premier league and has the Sunderland fans on his back. See how much he wants to play for him then.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Stupid of him to give an interview like that, but let's not kid ourselves ... much as we like to believe players are as delighted to play for BHA as we would be, they're largely overpaid egotists who are on the look-out for a big money move wherever it might present itself. I guess he was being honest, if nothing else.

Oh well. Bye Will. Send our regards to Bridcutt - you'll probably have plenty of time to reminisce together from the comfort of the bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Another chink of light - Sami was able to assess him / see through him very quickly, and then ship him out, no messing. Good move Mr. Hyypia - it appears you do know what you're doing! My faith in the Albion (which was at a pretty low level a week or so ago) is gradually being restored.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He tore Dan Harding a new one which was incredible to watch and scored some great goals for the club.

That he did. He was also totally in Jose Enrique's pocket against Liverpool in that cup game we got stuffed 5-1.

Whilst Buckley was one of the players who was worth the entrance fee on his day, I also think he was a flat track bully. He won't get many of those opportunities against PL opposition.

Also, I'd back up the majority feeling on here. You also have to question whether he was up for the play off game. I sense that in his mind, promotion would lessen his chances of a move.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I had a brief chat with him at the Sponsors do and he did seem to be a genuinely decent chap. I suspect he only said what most players would say - but have a bit more nous that to actually articulate it in an interview to a reporter.

It won't endear him to any supporters. Sunderland fans are unlikely to be impressed. If it works out for him - they will know what to expect.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I was disappointed with him for always being injured anyway so was happy to get a good return on him. The only question is if some of this this was faked or even exaggerated.

Both Bridcut and Buckley were always their uncle Poyet's puppets on a string so at least we have got rid of his shadow that hung over us last season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What a twunt you are Buckley. You received 100% support from the club and its fans but you've now given us a reason to lump you in with the likes of Leon Knight and Bridcutt. Thanks for the opening day of The Amex memories but that's it from me. I hope this move works out to be bloody horrible for you-simply because you f**cked us over with your sulking and lack of commitment whilst you were being paid a feck of a lot of money by The Albion. Yes, they may have pulled the plug on the deal in January but why shouldn't they have done? Players show no loyalty to the football clubs who make them wealthy beyond their dreams so why shouldn't clubs act the same towards players and agents?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here