Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
From The Who's facebook page:

Wilko Johnson, legendary guitarist with Canvey Island pub rock pioneers Dr Feelgood, and Roger Daltrey, are to release a joint album ‘Going Back Home’ on March. The album mostly features re-makes of vintage Wilko gems and a version of the Bob Dylan classic ‘Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window’.

To add to the excitement, Wilko and Roger will be performing a very special one off show at London’s O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on February 25th. Tickets go on general sale on Friday! More details as we get them! Full track details for the album are

All Through The City
Sneaking Suspicion
Going Back Home
Everybody’s Carrying A Gun
Keep It Out Of Sight
Keep On Loving You
Some Kind Of Hero
Turned 21
I Keep It To Myself
Ice On The Motorway
Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Wilko Johnson, legendary guitarist with Canvey Island pub rock pioneers Dr Feelgood, and Roger Daltrey, are to release a joint album ‘Going Back Home’ on March. The album mostly features re-makes of vintage Wilko gems and a version of the Bob Dylan classic ‘Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window’.

To add to the excitement, Wilko and Roger will be performing a very special one off show at London’s O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on February 25th. Tickets go on general sale on Friday! More details as we get them! Full track details for the album are

All Through The City
Sneaking Suspicion
Going Back Home
Keep It Out Of Sight
Keep On Loving You
Some Kind Of Hero
Turned 21
I Keep It To Myself
Ice On The Motorway

You've just beaten me to it. I was going to post the link from Wilko's website. Some good choices on that CD.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith

All Through The City
Sneaking Suspicion
Going Back Home
Keep It Out Of Sight
Keep On Loving You
Some Kind Of Hero
Turned 21
I Keep It To Myself
Ice On The Motorway

Radcliffe and Maconie were talking about this on the radio today. Apparently the proposed title of the album was "Roger, Wilko and Out". Genius. Should have gone with that IMO. Would have beaten even Lee Hazelwood's "Cake or Death" as a valedictory album title (apparently LH was a huge Eddie Izzard fan and insisted his final album be called that).

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Radcliffe and Maconie were talking about this on the radio today. Apparently the proposed title of the album was "Roger, Wilko and Out". Genius. Should have gone with that IMO. Would have beaten even Lee Hazelwood's "Cake or Death" as a valedictory album title (apparently LH was a huge Eddie Izzard fan and insisted his final album be called that).

That certainly is genius. I will be there at The Forum, Tun Wells, for all three shows. Looking forward to three good nights.

That certainly is genius. I will be there at The Forum, Tun Wells, for all three shows. Looking forward to three good nights.

Hope all of you at the Forum tonight have a good hot sweaty time watching Wilko.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Hope all of you at the Forum tonight have a good hot sweaty time watching Wilko.

Just how a proper gig should be, enjoyed that! £16.50 to watch pure class in an audience of just 250. You can keep your stadiums and the 02 etc, this is the way to watch live music. Eddie and the Hotrods are playing the Forum soon, might just be going back, only a tenner this time!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Just how a proper gig should be, enjoyed that! £16.50 to watch pure class in an audience of just 250. You can keep your stadiums and the 02 etc, this is the way to watch live music. Eddie and the Hotrods are playing the Forum soon, might just be going back, only a tenner this time!

Totally agree. I left the Forum, last year, after a 20 year involvement and can honestly say it's the best place to watch live music. I have gone back for the three Wilko nights to help out on the door and have missed it a hell of a lot - especially all my mates who work there, and the punters. Last night I even had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is Hugo, though apparently he is banned from NSC now. I used to listen to his calls to the after match phone-ins and always thought he was a bit of an eccentric fella - now I know he is.

Interview with Wilco and Roger Daltry in the current edition of "Mojo" discussing their forthcoming album of Feelgood/Wilco songs with Mr D singing. Should be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here