Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the North stand so quiet today ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I sat in East Upper on the halfway line and mentioned during the match how quiet the north was. May have been the acoustics, but for how damn good we were playing it was disappointing how quiet the crowd remained.

What ever happened with the singing section initiative from the club?

I am not in possession of the full facts, but this is my understanding of what happened in the summer. The club sent out letters offering people the chance to move, most in the wings, especially NSK/PBC were happy to move. The club came back to us in July offering us about 5 individual seats scattered about the centre of the North Stand, or in a group together right at the front of the North Stand. As you can imagine we were not keen for our group to be scattered about the North Stand, and this would probably have made the atmosphere even worse than it is now. As for the front row seats, we decided that as a group we are bit boisterous and way too keen on standing to be right at the front of the stand.

Unfortunately, unless large numbers of people decide to move from the centre of the North Stand our group will never be central. So in that case the club either forces people to move to accommodate the singers (which of course will never happen, and should never happen), or people who want to sing need to congregate in the wings. Which is the decision the NSK and other people in that corner were forced to make two seasons ago.

Finally until you have stood under that police box do not criticise us for not joining in others songs. We barely hear anything from further east in the North Stand until it has virtually petered out. If I was going to point fingers at anyone for the poor atmosphere it would be the vast swathe of D block who do not join in with us, or those central in the North Stand. That is really why no songs spread from one side to the other.

Edit: Sorry TCT, I realise that only some of this in reply to your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here