Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the North stand so quiet today ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But nobody had a drum and there wasn't a designated uniform today...?

I thought the North were quieter than usual today. I do put a lot down to tension - many refused to sing the top of the league songs as it seemed to jinx us after goal one...!

It got nervy at times, but the atmosphere was there alright. It's just another moan up from some Nsc posters.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The German commentator mentioned quite a few times how good the atmosphere was and there was a lot more noise coming through than from the games at Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull in the last few weeks.

Just seems like the OP wants to stick the boot in when we should all be sitting back and smelling the roses right now.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I sat in the south west corner yesterday and barely heard the North stand all game. We have a great ground which was built the way it was with good reason but if I could change one thing it would be to have a North stand three times the size with a roof that was low enough to project the noise.

The German commentator mentioned quite a few times how good the atmosphere was and there was a lot more noise coming through than from the games at Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull in the last few weeks.

Just seems like the OP wants to stick the boot in when we should all be sitting back and smelling the roses right now.

That is the problem too many people smelling roses and not giving it large! The stadium should be buzzing but we still have thousands of empty seats and the people in the north stand seem to made up of middle aged and older who seem more interested on what pies and beers are available. Having watched highlights of our game and then the Palace match sadly we are lagging well behind.If we get promoted the premiere plastics we come out the woodwork so the atmosphere is lightly to be just as poor from the home fans. Brighton,Bloom and Houghton deserve a near full stadium and the Stoke type atmosphere that TB craves for!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That is the problem too many people smelling roses and not giving it large! The stadium should be buzzing but we still have thousands of empty seats and the people in the north stand seem to made up of middle aged and older who seem more interested on what pies and beers are available. Having watched highlights of our game and then the Palace match sadly we are lagging well behind.If we get promoted the premiere plastics we come out the woodwork so the atmosphere is lightly to be just as poor from the home fans. Brighton,Bloom and Houghton deserve a near full stadium and the Stoke type atmosphere that TB craves for!

Still at least they bother to go :whistle:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The Amex has funny acoustics and when the wind is blowing from the south stand towards the north it's not surprising the sound doesn't carry well from the home end. I'm in the east, at the northern end, and from my seat yesterday the ground seemed loud and proud. Didn't hear much from Birmingham except in short bursts.

I wouldn't get too worked up about Palace and their world-famous atmosphere. There was an interesting thread on BBS this week where people were queuing up to moan about how quiet the ground is this year, too many plastic fans, people leaving early etc.

The Amex has funny acoustics and when the wind is blowing from the south stand towards the north it's not surprising the sound doesn't carry well from the home end. I'm in the east, at the northern end, and from my seat yesterday the ground seemed loud and proud. Didn't hear much from Birmingham except in short bursts.

I wouldn't get too worked up about Palace and their world-famous atmosphere. There was an interesting thread on BBS this week where people were queuing up to moan about how quiet the ground is this year, too many plastic fans, people leaving early etc.

Well thats even worse that Selhurst is not what it was but still puts us to shame:ffsparr:

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I sit in Upper East and hardly heard the North Stand. Why was it so quiet? Did anyone else notice?

i might not be popular saying this, but there are too many families and kids under 12 in there. i have kids and have worked with them for years, i feel there is plenty of room for them in the other stands. i think, if the stand has predominently older people in it the atmosphere from there would be better.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Burnley was like a library last weekend. Possibly the worst atmosphere in the Championship? Appreciate that early kick-offs aren't always the best.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Perhaps the clear and passionate commitment to the cause, clearly illustrated in the Davis Cup crowd, would not go amiss at our games.

DSC_0095.JPG

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We were in the North, and it sounded good to me !! Went a bit quiet after the equaliser and Liam going off, but other than that seemed quite raucous. Obviosuly you have no idea how loud it sounds in other parts of the ground. Thought Birmingham fans were in decent voice too

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We were in the North, and it sounded good to me !! Went a bit quiet after the equaliser and Liam going off, but other than that seemed quite raucous. Obviosuly you have no idea how loud it sounds in other parts of the ground. Thought Birmingham fans were in decent voice too

Sound must be quite a subjective thing. I was in the North and thought it did indeed sound fairly subdued. Never noticed much noise coming from the Brum fans either.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside

I fall into the middle aged or older bracket, and could not give a stuff about the pies or beers available, I sit/stand in the North and always come away with a sore throat from shouting and singing. Where do you sit?.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was in the north and agree that I felt it was pretty good, there was obviously less noisy bits like after the goal/Rosenior.

Okay it's not up there with the best but we arnt in any measure. Why can't we just be happy and proud of what we are.,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here