Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the North stand so quiet today ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Here we go. It was fine. But we keep wanting to beat ourselves up about it.

Get on the road and see what these cauldrons of (non) noise like Elland Road and St Andrews and any host of others.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Here we go. It was fine. But we keep wanting to beat ourselves up about it.

I wouldn't particularly say 'we'. There are some posters who are attracted to this kind of thread like flies to sh*t. Every week, time and again sticking the knife in and criticising either the club or the supporters. They don't post on threads which talk about whether our football is good, whether this player or that is any good, but just keep coming back with their bile in order to make the club or fans look bad. In fact I've come to the conclusion that there are palace fans masquerading as Brighton.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I sit in Upper East and hardly heard the North Stand. Why was it so quiet? Did anyone else notice?
Thought the school shelf was loudest, but that could be as

I can only hear high frequnency sound # preadolescent squeal

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It seems the wind and acoustics of the ground play a huge roll in atmosphere... I was sat in the South stand and thought the atmosphere was poor. I can only remember a handful of times in the whole game where I thought our support sounded impressive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought the school shelf was loudest, but that could be as

I can only hear high frequnency sound # preadolescent squeal

I sit close to the school shelf. They were squealing a bit before the start, but never heard them after that. WSL north end is always quiet, but both North and West Upper made a decent amount of noise yesterday, probably the best this season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That is the problem too many people smelling roses and not giving it large! The stadium should be buzzing but we still have thousands of empty seats and the people in the north stand seem to made up of middle aged and older who seem more interested on what pies and beers are available. Having watched highlights of our game and then the Palace match sadly we are lagging well behind.If we get promoted the premiere plastics we come out the woodwork so the atmosphere is lightly to be just as poor from the home fans. Brighton,Bloom and Houghton deserve a near full stadium and the Stoke type atmosphere that TB craves for!

Thousands of empty seats, we had the highest attendance in the Championship, by about 7000 yesterday.
You can't knock the supporters for not turning up this season, I think we get the biggest home attendance 9 we out of ten

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Maybe they should put microphones in the North Stand, and pipe the noise around the ground. On second thoughts maybe not, it might wake a few people up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Maybe they should put microphones in the North Stand, and pipe the noise around the ground. On second thoughts maybe not, it might wake a few people up.

No thanks... I am quite happy with the indistinct burble we hear from the Police Bollox Crew.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Before this season started the club wrote to NS STHs stating their aim to pull together the three (or more) singing groups in the North Stand. It never happened.

Now I don't know whether that was because Mr & Mrs NSK and their PBC associates refused to move to a more central location and join up with the other singing groups, or whether they did want to move and the club just couldn't be arsed and let the initiative fizzle out. But having several groups all singing different songs at the same time is never going to help the atmosphere.

Unallocated seating and/or safe standing is clearly the way to go but Barber continues to refuse to associate the club with the Safe Standing Campaign.

So it is what it is. We are doing all we can to get the atmosphere going but it does need some interest and positive input from the club to make positive changes happen.

(First season at the Amex was spent at southern end of WSU and the "we're the North Stand, we're the West Stand" song was always loudly sung. Now the WS seems totally mute.)

Do PPF/DR and Sydney have a point? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I sat in East Upper on the halfway line and mentioned during the match how quiet the north was. May have been the acoustics, but for how damn good we were playing it was disappointing how quiet the crowd remained.

What ever happened with the singing section initiative from the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here