Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the North stand so quiet today ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Tw*t.
I bet you leave 5 minutes before half time and full time (if you can last that long).
Get a life (or a hearing aid) unless it induces a cardiac arrest.
Boring man of the millenium award goes to you Rogerio.
Great wind up by the way !

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Classic Amex atmosphere.

27K. Acoustics that bounce crowd noise mainly back down where it came from and on to the pitch.

Buzzing from start to finish in WSU.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No, the structure of the support has changed for the worse,average at best shocking at its worst
regards
DR

it's the corporatisation of the game isn't it......speak to any old "geezers" and they will almost , to a man say "i don't bovver with the home games any more" this goes for Arse , Chelsea, spurs , man u and citeh......the game, at the top levels has been sanitised which has resulted in woeful atmospheres at many prem grounds.......put this together with the large amount of knitting and i-pad scrabble going on and you have an idea why we struggle to get a real atmosphere going ......palace , like it or love it are fast getting a reputation as the loudest set of fans home and away....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
it's the corporatisation of the game isn't it......speak to any old "geezers" and they will almost , to a man say "i don't bovver with the home games any more" this goes for Arse , Chelsea, spurs , man u and citeh......the game, at the top levels has been sanitised which has resulted in woeful atmospheres at many prem grounds.......put this together with the large amount of knitting and i-pad scrabble going on and you have an idea why we struggle to get a real atmosphere going ......palace , like it or love it are fast getting a reputation as the loudest set of fans home and away....
it isn't just knitting and I Pad scrabble. The season ticket people around me have a crossword club going where they take it in turns to complete answers throughout the match. To be fair they are quite good (often complete both the Telegraph and Times cryptics by the end of the game) but it is a pain having to keep passing the papers and the pen around for them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounded ok on the tv. The commentator mentioned a few times how the crowd were making some great noise.

But nobody had a drum and there wasn't a designated uniform today...?

I thought the North were quieter than usual today. I do put a lot down to tension - many refused to sing the top of the league songs as it seemed to jinx us after goal one...!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it isn't just knitting and I Pad scrabble. The season ticket people around me have a crossword club going where they take it in turns to complete answers throughout the match. To be fair they are quite good (often complete both the Telegraph and Times cryptics by the end of the game) but it is a pain having to keep passing the papers and the pen around for them.

ahh well.....i rest my case....!!!...:facepalm:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
many refused to sing the top of the league songs as it seemed to jinx us after goal one...!

I see it the other way: every chance we get to sing about being top of the league it could be our last of this season, so I join in enthusiastically. (I'm not in the North, though, so can't speak for sentiment there.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see it the other way: every chance we get to sing about being top of the league it could be our last of this season, so I join in enthusiastically. (I'm not in the North, though, so can't speak for sentiment there.)

I did at first then when it was being sung towards the end I wished they'd stop as I was a bag of nerves :lol:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here