Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the Calais thread moved to "Other Stuff"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In answer to the original question, we've made a semi-conscious decision to move such threads to The Other Stuff, which is not monitored by Google Ads.

The reason for this is that we do have lives outside of NSC (hard to believe but true) and the daily immigration threads are rarely pleasant to read as they descend into point scoring, name calling, address revealing binfests that are a pain in the butt to monitor.

We couldn't give a toss about the topic, more concerned about things turning ugly and Google Ads being switched off as keyboard rage between the same half a dozen miscreants which quickly overcomes any attempt at adult debate of the issue, resulting in profanities abounding and NSC's main revenue stream disappearing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
?? If 'they' are currently EU citizens then they can come to the UK without any issue. And if they're not, then EU membership is irrelevant. You post does not make sense.

They should be claiming asylum in the first country they arrive in. Why should other EU member states allow them free passage to the shores of the other side of the Channel ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How many women and children are there ? Would you leave your wife and kids behind to flee for safety ?

I did meet a fella from Iraq who had done exactly that. he and his wife had decided that he should leave before he was killed. They hoped that he would find somewhere to live and he might be able to arrange for them to join him. His wife told him that either way she was going to leave him but at least this way he would survive and there was a chance they could be together again. When I met him he hadn't seen his children for five odd years, the poor bloke was heartbroken and desperately trying to locate them after being released from a detention center

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Can "The Big Board" just be for football discussion?

If I want a discussion about Chinese eating dogs or Immigration I would not go to the main forum to have that...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why not let them come? Process them, offer the real Asylum seekers refugee status and arrange deprotation for those who are bogus. Problem solved, no more migrants and asylume seekers in calais, locals able to get on with their lives. Same situation as every other country (well those that don't have the luxury of being an Island anyway) in the world finds themselves in.

The UK has pretty stingent processes to find out true asylum seekers, why not use them?
Yes , thats working out well at the moment isnt it ? Jesus wept , what planet are you on ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did meet a fella from Iraq who had done exactly that. he and his wife had decided that he should leave before he was killed. They hoped that he would find somewhere to live and he might be able to arrange for them to join him. His wife told him that either way she was going to leave him but at least this way he would survive and there was a chance they could be together again. When I met him he hadn't seen his children for five odd years, the poor bloke was heartbroken and desperately trying to locate them after being released from a detention center
oh right, i guess that must be the case for EVERY ONE of the young single blokes i have seen on the news.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
oh right, i guess that must be the case for EVERY ONE[SIZE]/ of the young single blokes i have seen on the news.

I don't think making assumptions based on what you see on the news is going to be that useful. There must be a massive variety of people in a wide range of situations among those people so we are not really able to tell.

Perhaps they could be processed to find out the validity of their claims.

Edit:Could be a bit of a money saver though. Instead of going through the usual process of checking applications we could just have you turning purple and screaming "No No No NOOOOOO!!!" at the telly with a vein popping out of your head.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think making assumptions based on what you see on the news is going to be that useful. There must be a massive variety of people in a wide range of situations among those people so we are not really able to tell.

Perhaps they could be processed to find out the validity of their claims
As i said previously , that's working out well at the moment isn't it ? We cant get rid of people who've raped 14 year old girls you clown , have you seen the trouble we have with ''asylum seekers'' and the appeals process ? Of course not, you're in Australia........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I posted on the other thread, from France. I was on my way back from my holidays and in touch with Eurotunnel as I wanted to know the score re: crossings. There may have been demonstrations by the strikers at the port, but apart from seeing some lorries parked up in a queue, there was no chaos or hoards of immigrants. In fact, I didn't see one black face there at all.
Eurotunnel ran through the night to clear the backlog of passengers and it was as quiet as a cemetery when we arrived.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here