Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why so many women reporting on sport on the BBC?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Jacqui Oatley isn't even that worth looking at too....................

Jacqui Oatley is a friend of mine. And apart from being a good mate and a great professional, I can assure you that, up close, she's well worth looking at.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The BBC like the political parties want to be seen to be impartial and PC. Personally I dont care either way but just to add fuel to the fire they had a lady presenter on the FL Show.

I couldn't agree more. The idea of employing a woman on such a show is PC at its absolute worst. Gone mad, even.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some ironing to do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont even know who Jacqui Oatley is or what she presents but was not passing comment on whether or not she is a looker but making a comment on the fact that one person said she isnt and another says that she is. If she can do the job what does it matter she is not, as far as I know, in a beauty contest.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A friend of mine works and reports on sport for the BBC. She's worked her way up from local radio to presenter. She knows a lot about sport, despite being of the fairer sex.

You can find her on twitter if you want to tell her she should stick to the shopping channel. Kat Downes.

Incidentally, the other person I know is a presenter on sky sports news and she knows nothing about sport. She's nice to look at though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good, good.

He doesn't like the disabled. He doesn't like the armed forces. He doesn't like migrants. He doesn't like people suffering from depression. The list goes on.

He's the NSC version of the Daily Express.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I agree with Goldstone. I just can't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Oooooooh, more witty banter by our resident intellectual.

Still, it takes a really massive **** to come out with the tasteless 'gag' you regurgitated, so you didn't disappoint. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooooooh, more witty banter by our resident intellectual.

Still, it takes a really massive **** to come out with the tasteless 'gag' you regurgitated, so you didn't disappoint. :thumbsup:

Oh I don't know. I thought it was quite quaint to recycle a line first used in 1971?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Claire Balding or Mark Lawrenson ?

I know who I'd prefer on my screen

If you've seen The Counselor, then the image in your head of either of those nudely grinding up and down the screen of your Fiat in an impossibly bestraddling fashion shouldn't much give one a sense of arousal. Although, if i had to pick, i'd go Lawrenson as i sort of wonder now if even his bollocks are sardonically dour.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I dont even know who Jacqui Oatley is or what she presents but was not passing comment on whether or not she is a looker but making a comment on the fact that one person said she isnt and another says that she is. If she can do the job what does it matter she is not, as far as I know, in a beauty contest.

You don't know what Edna's facepalm was for, do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here