Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has the thread about travellers in Burgess Hill been removed?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
ENOUGH with the constant stream of innuendo !!

grimm2.jpg

Just remember Raymond, it's my arse and if you stuff it, I'm going to be very red in the face.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Well I object to our gypsy friends calling us non travellers "gorjers". And as for the P word being racist I point to the origin of the word

The term is strongly associated with itinerant life and constant travel: p**ey is directly derived from pike which, circa 1520, meant to "go away from, to go on" and related to the words turnpike (toll-road) and pike-man (toll-collector)

You cannot use the term "traveller" as this is incorrect as they don't seem to travel unless they are made to by the authorities (e.g. Dale Farm), so what name would they prefer to be called? Cant use "pavee" as they can only call each other that.

Anyway for some good definitions I point you to the urban dictionary Urban Dictionary: pikey :)

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
is the term "Tinkers" whick I believe is used in Ireland acceptable?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah, geez, its not like his name is Beetlejuice. If his name was Beetlejuice, then I could understand, but it isn't Beetlejuice so...AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Never mind Beetlejuice, what about...................CANDYMAN

candyman1-e1272544528331.jpg

Apparently, the little cherubs have been served with a notice to kindly "f*** off" by 17.30 today although they are claiming a measles outbreak and can't move.

Quite a few of the bushes around the park have mysteriously broken out into full blossom, which looks nice from a distance but I fear on close inspection will prove to be paper flowers with a brown centre.

Any way, live and let live eh.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
On the move apparently, coming to a green near you?
Hurstpierpoint apparently

Last edited:

Apparently is no good. I will wait for an eye witness account from Hillian1. I want to know they is out of burgess hill.

They are gone from Fairfield rec, last 6 just pulled off, some even went from The top end, down Royal George, right at the roundabout and back up West Street to get entry back from the road opposite Jupps but the Police, to their credit stopped them.

They were stopped from accessing Janes Lane playing fields and are at present in "limbo".

Feel sorry for whoever gets the pleasure of their company next.

Last edited:

If anyone really is "offended" by my initial thread which was removed because of the word I used to describe them, it was something to do with a certain food consumed in large numbers at The Amex (PIE) and a tool used to, lawfully I may add, gain access to a property (KEY) then I suggest it would be good for you to spend a few hours with these "people" and I use the term "people" lightly here, in their company.

They are scum, anyone in Burgess Hill needs to get along to fairfield to see what these "people" have left behind them. I'm not talking about litter now, I'm talking about Human SHIT, it's everywhere.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If anyone really is "offended" by my initial thread which was removed because of the word I used to describe them.

It's nothing to do with being offended. We have a responsibility as mods to ensure that posts do not contain racial slurs, and as such it is our (and especially Bozza's) neck on the line if we are seen to condone such comments.

You are not the person who has to deal with the correspondence from solicitors, police etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here