Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has the thread about travellers in Burgess Hill been removed?

It started in a pretty aggressive and intolerant tone too.

I'm quite intolerant when our travelling friends break a lock in full view to get access to land they have no right to be on and especially when the police not only help them on and direct traffic around the 38 caravan procession but inform the concerned neighbours that they, after being called by us, having watched them break the locks committing a crime to be informed by our wonderful Boys in High Viz that as far as they are concerned they are there to stop us from breaking the law not the other way round.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think the National Pikelet Council feels a certain copyright has been broken by use of their once-shorted name, and has likely threatened legal action. You mightn't think the ironed-crumpet people have much say in the modern world, but they have masonic links and the powers that be are easily buttered up.
pikelets_280.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm quite intolerant when our travelling friends break a lock in full view to get access to land they have no right to be on and especially when the police not only help them on and direct traffic around the 38 caravan procession but inform the concerned neighbours that they, after being called by us, having watched them break the locks committing a crime to be informed by our wonderful Boys in High Viz that as far as they are concerned they are there to stop us from breaking the law not the other way round.

Not sure that whinging on NSC will help very much. Perhaps you could try taking it up with the local constabulary or your local councillors?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
It hasn't been removed; it was asked politely to move along and did so entirely of its own free will.

Not sure that whinging on NSC will help very much. Perhaps you could try taking it up with the local constabulary or your local councillors?

I shall try to remember in future that NSC is not the place to have a general discussion on something which may affect the lives of the residents of Burgess Hill and concentrate my efforts solely on wether it is acceptable to Piss in the shower or the correct way to wipe ones arse.

Thanks for the direction.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

least path of resistance

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
They have been everywhere recently, Where in Peacehaven next to the meridian centre then moved to the fields next door to Lewes FC, now i guess there in Burgess Hill, left a nice mess next to Lewes FC.

Seem to be getting moved on pretty quick been in both places about a week Max

They have been everywhere recently, Where in Peacehaven next to the meridian centre then moved to the fields next door to Lewes FC, now i guess there in Burgess Hill, left a nice mess next to Lewes FC.

Seem to be getting moved on pretty quick been in both places about a week Max

Yes very good, but do you piss in the shower?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
isn't there some space near the Lewes police station?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not sure, could have degenerated into racist stuff, it started to head that way when someone waded in.
No it didnt, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of NSC and how it amuses me that such comments and generalisations would be roundly condemned with howls of outrage and accusations of intolerance and bigotry if they referred to certain other groups of people that DONT affect the green and pleasant environs that most NSC'ers inhabit. saying that , I fully sympathise with people who've had their lives and property blighted by travellers, its just a shame that it doesnt extend back the same way.

Are you saying that your life is somehow 'blighted' ?

If he's ever had the misfortune to have travellers move in the vicinity I would say Yes he has.

Piss in the shower or not though? lets not digress from the purpose of NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here