Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has the thread about travellers in Burgess Hill been removed?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Can't wait till the new laws on selling scrap come in , no more cash payments , only into an account or on to a card I believe.
that should play havoc with a certain communities cash flow !!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Can't wait till the new laws on selling scrap come in , no more cash payments , only into an account or on to a card I believe.
that should play havoc with a certain communities cash flow !!!

Or they will just continue with cash payments despite the change in law and continue to not register what they earn?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Luckily, they are not 'muslim' travellers.... :)

:eek: what if they were disabled, Muslim, lesbian transgendered travellers? They come over here steal our jobs and women claiming sex changes they are not entitled to whilst praying 5 times a day on land they don't own paying no tax or national insurance, robbing our children and raping pensioners.. Probably! ahhhhhhrrggh where's the daily mail when you need it most?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Every year same old , same old , something must be done about stopping these ' people ' before they even cross the sea. Our laws of trespass / anti social behaviour / criminal damage etc etc must apply to all.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Compared to issues here between Czechs and Sinti Roma... a few caravans and a bit of rubbish is nothing... almost open warfare in some of the dorps around the country.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Every year same old , same old , something must be done about stopping these ' people ' before they even cross the sea. Our laws of trespass / anti social behaviour / criminal damage etc etc must apply to all.

Therein lies the problem, in Ireland if travellers move onto a patch of land the Garda are usually there pretty sharpish and their laws allow them to move them on immediately so I'm told. I'm also told that if they don't move on then they find out the hard way and are on their way soon after.

:eek: what if they were disabled, Muslim, lesbian transgendered travellers? They come over here steal our jobs and women claiming sex changes they are not entitled to whilst praying 5 times a day on land they don't own paying no tax or national insurance, robbing our children and raping pensioners.. Probably! ahhhhhhrrggh where's the daily mail when you need it most?

Are you referring to the people presently at Brapool ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Compared to issues here between Czechs and Sinti Roma... a few caravans and a bit of rubbish is nothing... almost open warfare in some of the dorps around the country.

Dave, take the hint mate, nobody gives a f*** about czech social problems and strife , least of all how they relate to over here, face facts, you're in a far off country of which we know little about.................

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I shall try to remember in future that NSC is not the place to have a general discussion on something which may affect the lives of the residents of Burgess Hill and concentrate my efforts solely on wether it is acceptable to Piss in the shower or the correct way to wipe ones arse.

Thanks for the direction.

Well said.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No it didnt, I just pointed out the hypocrisy of NSC and how it amuses me that such comments and generalisations would be roundly condemned with howls of outrage and accusations of intolerance and bigotry if they referred to certain other groups of people that DONT affect the green and pleasant environs that most NSC'ers inhabit. saying that , I fully sympathise with people who've had their lives and property blighted by travellers, its just a shame that it doesnt extend back the same way.

It's all very well for those of you who can afford to live in Haywards Heath, I'm both homeless AND have to live up North.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here