Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do people think Bloom will spend big in the summer?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why do people think Bloom will spend big in the summer?

Because TB would presumably quite like some kind of return on his outlay at some point, rather than be continually overtaken on the fast lane by the likes of (sake!) Bournemouth.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unless Bournemouth have increased their wage bill by £11m in 2 seasons , probably unlikely but not completely impossible, then they have a smaller wage bill than the Albion. Its a myth that that post Poyet Albion have slashed their football budget/ wage bill for players. They haven't. Its continued to go up and is far higher than this years miserable position indicates. Which aptly illustrates the point that spending big doesn't necessarily get you promotion.

Well this is it.

The myth of Albion not spending money is something a few folk are still clinging on to. The problem this year has been it's quality, and subsequent management.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sell Dunk, sign up Halford.

Save CMS wages.
Save Kemy wages.
Save Hughes wages.
Save McCourt wages.

That should enable us to spend a bit of money in itself.

6 quality players needed (LB, CD, Winger, Tex replacement, Top striker, 2nd striker ).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO being one of the pro FFP he had to abide by it but he has seen many clubs circumvent the rules by various accounting and other dubious measures. I also, have said many times, I think he played all his cards on Gusgetting us up but that failed so has spent 2 seasons recouping and stabilising that he will go for it again next year and if that fails again, 2 more years of no spending.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we don't spend big to build for next season then we are f*cked.

IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would be much happier if we ditched this players on loan routine and signed players on contracts, whether it be freebies or signing on fees. We are not going to make big signings and the chances are we'll be at the wrong end of the table again but PLEASE can we be there with our own players?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can Bloom afford to spend big? The recent record seems to suggest otherwise (depending how you define "big"). More likely we will be scouring the lower leagues for (relatively) cheap "potential" again, which hasn't been a spectacular success so far - those who were good have moved onwards and upwards (unlike us), leaving a lot of mediocre journeymen.

I would have thought that we would need to off-load some of current squad first to raise some cash and free up the wages budget, but I can't see why anyone else would want any of them - possibly a Conference side?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be much happier if we ditched this players on loan routine and signed players on contracts, whether it be freebies or signing on fees. We are not going to make big signings and the chances are we'll be at the wrong end of the table again but PLEASE can we be there with our own players?
If we can get players on loan who are much better than the ones we sign, then the policy of 'no loanees please, we're Brighton' doesn't look so clever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we can get players on loan who are much better than the ones we sign, then the policy of 'no loanees please, we're Brighton' doesn't look so clever.

We'll have to agree to differ. I want players I can relate to even if they are not as good. Players like Bridge and Ward are few and far between

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Completely agree with you. Season long loans are just about bearable but bottom
line is they are not our players and never will be. Would rather see kids play.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we don't spend big to build for next season then we are f*cked.

IMO.

Bloom will have the 1901ers on the 5 year deal at the back of his mind. Another crap season and many will melt away or downgrade to ordinary STs but with promotion the prices can be ramped up to let the corporates take over the "best seats in the house". Paul Barber must be salivating at the thought of charging £300+ a seat per game for a hospitality experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here