Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want after Gus

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think Di Matteo is unrealistic, though I would be happy with him - having won the Champions League I'm sure he'd hold out for a bigger club.

I like the idea of Chris Powell - think he'd be committed to the job and be a steady continuation after Gus.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We need someone to keep us on the same track rather than taking another 3 years to start a new project. Carry on bringing in quality players from oversees, whilst having contacts in the game to bring in some quality experienced players.

Roberto Di Matteo is that man should Gus go. Know's what it takes to get a team out of this division.

If he turned us down, Solksjaer, and if he turned us down, f*ck knows.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Before last night's insensitive and ill-timed "hitting the roof" comments, I'd want GUS to stay too. Long term success comes from stability (look at nearly every other club in the land and the proposterous managerial change circus). However - no manager is worth keeping if he's constantly eyeing the skirt next door. Di Matteo would be some coup. I think having won Champions League he'd fancy himself for a PL club though.. wouldn't you?!

LostSeagull

Jul 14, 2012
I hope we don't go down a root that's too obvious. IMHO we need to look for somebody who can add to the brand of football and has a good network across Europe as that's where value for money comes from. I'd go Dutch, I believe Ajax has a host of former players like Bergkamp / Overmars / Ronald De Boer. Maybe they'd just fancy it ..

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Someone mntioned Rafa was looking for a project - We have the Spanish players ! Would he drop down a level though ? Could do a lot worse.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Di Matteo, Gary Neville, Ole Gunnar Solkjaer???

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Would Chris Powell leave Charlton for us? I think not and whoever said Eddie Howe not a chance he will have a decent budget and a few bob to spend I think

Would love RDM but think he will be looking for a bigger job than us so if that's the case I to am liking what Rosler has been doing and if they lose to Yeovil might be worth Looking at

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
Benitez; Mancini; Dean Saunders is free; Sir Alex might come - we do have a racecourse; Harry might be tempted. Oh, as at time of typing Gus hasn't gone yet!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Would Chris Powell leave Charlton for us? I think not and whoever said Eddie Howe not a chance he will have a decent budget and a few bob to spend I think

Would love RDM but think he will be looking for a bigger job than us so if that's the case I to am liking what Rosler has been doing and if they lose to Yeovil might be worth Looking at

Something seems odd about going for a manager as long as they LOSE to Yeovil! :lolol:

Gus all the way for me please.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at the 4 managers who have succeeded in the Championship this season - Holloway, Bruce, Mackay and Zola. All know the division, experienced, proven, ditto the likes of Adkins last season. Therefore, Di Matteo makes sense, I'd love it to be Martinez though.

Oct 25, 2003
would like di matteo as it would be fairly like for like and he'd slot in pretty seamlessly. His sides play good football, plus he has the advantage of having got out of this division before. Also, one of the main things we'd miss about gus is his contacts...RDM basically takes that out of the equation.

Part of me also fancies a season or two of just absolute FILTH football. I love passing football, but there is definitely part of me that would love to see the likes of michael brown, karl henry, el-hadji diouf etc. at the club...just for a season or two...basically spend a season kicking lumps out of teams, spitting at refs, pissing everyone off, that kind of thing. Just have a team of complete animals.

and for that reason, the FLAIRNIACS are throwing all our support behind NEIL WARNOCK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here