Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want after Gus

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Di Matteo. Good choice. Got WBA promoted so does know a bit about the league and must have some decent links to get some good loan players in.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Has a good pedigree and must have learnt some stuff from fergie. Always won the league in Norway and at United reserves. He has spoken to s few clubs but its not been right for him yet but we maybe be able to tempt him away.
Freedman - Been mentioned although doubt he would move again so soon and not to us.
Curbishly - Great manager but been out the game a while now maybe not what we need

I would stick to a young bright manager so Di Matteo or Solskjaer for me

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Di Matteo could be going to Fulham or Napoli. We need to act fast if we want him.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
My vote goes to Sir Alex...fantastic development of youth, gets the best from ageing players and in it for the long haul!

I may be dreaming, so in the real world we need a creative man who can preempt from the dugout and not react....Di Matteo would be fabulous but would he really take the job? If not what about Bridge as Player/Manager, might keep him a bit longer?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not at all convinced by Di Matteo. Possibly someone from abroad but, of the tried and trusted, could do a lot worse than Kenny Jackett.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Di Matteo, or look to Italy or Spain for the next up and coming manager who fancies a crack at getting a fairly sizeable club into the wealthiest league in the world.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Although i think Di Matteo could be great his credentials don't really transfer to the championship, things are messier and its like a monday night in Stoke every game.

Are you talking about the same Di Matteo who got WBA promoted from the Championship?

If Gus were to leave, I think he'd be spot on to carry on in a similar vein to Poyet (though likely to be slightly less cagey)

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Di matteo, di matteo and di matteo. If not I think chris Powell is a derby shout. He has done well with a fairly limited charlton side, ad seems a genuinely decent bloke as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here