Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think they are the lesser of the two evils in that city as far as sectarian vitriol rolled out would be concerned anyway.

We will see far more aggro from some of the European teams with reputations, they will make the Palace ultras look like a kindergarten party.
They do that all by themselves, no help required.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The first legs of the Champions League play-offs have been completed...
Screenshot 2023-08-23 22.07.40.png

The six losers of this round will be transferred into the Europa League group stage.

These are who I predict will be the six losers, from most confident to least:
1. Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) who lost 1-0 at home to Copenhagen (Denmark) - very likely
2. Molde (Norway) who lost 3-2 at home to Galatasaray (Turkey) - very likely
3. Maccabi Haifa (Israel) who drew 0-0 at home to Young Boys (Switzerland) - likely
4. Panathinaikos (Greece) who lost 2-1 away to Braga (Portugal) - maybe
5. Rangers (Scotland) who drew 2-2 at home to PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) - maybe
6. AEK Athens (Greece) who lost 1-0 away to Antwerp (Belgium) - maybe

Of course, anything could happen in the second legs (on the 29th/30th August) and I'm sure there are lots of surprises still to come.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Aberdeen must be favourites now while PSV should knock Rangers out at home.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Am absolutely amazed there isn’t more interest in tonight’s games on NSC! So we still have in …Ukraine/Azerbaijan/Faroe Islands/Moldova/Bosnia and Serbia!

Come on Ljubljana- would absolutely love to go to Slovenia!!
Totally agree!! I’ve been following all eve - these matches involve the more interesting possible trips!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Aberdeen now surely the favourites after drawing away at Haecken. (2-2)

Slavia Prague in prime posistion after beating Zorya of Ukraine (2-0)

Zagreb beat Sparta Prague (3-1) and will be a top seed in Pot 1.

Ludogorets are all but out after losing (4-1) at home to Ajax. They will also be in Pot 1.

Ljubljana are probably out. They lost (2-0) to Qarabag. The nine hour flight to Baku is on.

Slovan Bratislava beat Limassol (2-1), the ties in the balance. Hoping for a Cypriot victory for a lively night out.

USG won (2-0) at home to Lugano. It’s very unlikely we will play them, they’ll also be in Pot 3.

IK - Klaksvik drew (1-1) with Sherrif of Moldova. Would say the latter is the favourite to join us, two very different places!

LASK are beating Zrinjski Mostar of Bosnia & Herzegovina (2-1)

And finally

Olympiacos beat Cukaricki (currently 3-0) and are all but through. They will be in Pot 2. I’d absolutely love Athens away.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was originally thinking that we need to research all the various airports we could possibly go to in advance of the draw.
But it's dawned on me that once the draw is made we will know our three opponents and still have a few hours (or even maybe overnight) to do the research before each fixture date is confirmed.

I'm hoping to go to one of the first two away games, but although I'm a season ticket holder I have very few loyalty points.
So I'm expecting to travel ticketless and try and pick something up out there.
Therefore, I'm hoping for a large stadium that isn't too hostile and that doesn't usually sell out.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The first legs of the Europa League play-offs have been completed.
Screenshot 2023-08-24 21.58.43.png

A few teams may have already confirmed their place in the Europa League group stage:
  • Ajax (Netherlands) won 4-1 away at Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria), with a hat-trick from someone called "Kudus" 🤔
  • Olympiacos (Greece) and Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) won their home ties 3-1 against Cukaricki (Serbia) and Sparta Prague (Czech Republic) respectively.
  • Whilst Qarabag (Azerbaijan), Slavia Prague (Czechia) and a familiar Union Saint-Gilloise (Belgium) all won 2-0 in their first legs.
However, there are some matches in the balance:
  • Klaksvik may have drew 1-1 at home to Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova) but that trip to the Faroe Islands is still on.
  • Aberdeen (Scotland) got a great 2-2 draw away at BK Hacken (Sweden), hopefully setting up an entertaining match at Pittodrie Stadium.
  • And finally, both LASK (Austria) and Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia) won 2-1 at home against Zrinjski Mostar (Bosnia & Herzegovina) and Aris Limassol (Cyprus) respectively.
This time, next week, we will know all 32 qualifiers for this season's Europa League group stage - if all goes to plan 🤞
So as the excitement builds, who would you like Brighton to face against? I would like Amsterdam or Athens (y)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Here are the projected pots for those interested...

Last edited:

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
So after the first legs in the Champions Lge and Europa Lge Play-Offs here is a potential line up and breakdown for who is which pot. (For the drawn games I've given the higher ranked team the benefit of coming out on top after the 2nd leg and taking their rightful place in either the Champs Lge [meaning the loser gets the Europa Lge spot] or Europa Lge qualification). We come out as originally predicted into Pot 3 "seeded" 20 avoiding trips to Azerbaijan, Slovakia, Norway, Moldova (probably), Belgium and Israel. Thankfully, wouldn't leave too many options for long trips to Eastern Europe from teams in the other pots, so some potential 'nice' West/Central Europe games? Although nightmare scenario could be Pot 1 - Dinamo Zagreb, Pot 2 - Slavia Prague and Pot 4 - TSC Backa Topola:eek:.
I've never been more interested and keenly watching European football on a Thursday night as has been the case for the past few weeks. Roll on next week when we will know for sure where our passports might take us:lolol:.

Europa Lge Scenario.PNG

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
So after the first legs in the Champions Lge and Europa Lge Play-Offs here is a potential line up and breakdown for who is which pot. (For the drawn games I've given the higher ranked team the benefit of coming out on top after the 2nd leg and taking their rightful place in either the Champs Lge [meaning the loser gets the Europa Lge spot] or Europa Lge qualification). We come out as originally predicted into Pot 3 "seeded" 20 avoiding trips to Azerbaijan, Slovakia, Norway, Moldova (probably), Belgium and Israel. Thankfully, wouldn't leave too many options for long trips to Eastern Europe from teams in the other pots, so some potential 'nice' West/Central Europe games? Although nightmare scenario could be Pot 1 - Dinamo Zagreb, Pot 2 - Slavia Prague and Pot 4 - TSC Backa Topola:eek:.
I've never been more interested and keenly watching European football on a Thursday night as has been the case for the past few weeks. Roll on next week when we will know for sure where our passports might take us:lolol:.

View attachment 165480
👍 So very similar to the one Krafty posted.

Don’t see Slavia Prague as a nightmare though! Been a couple of times- with wife and separately the lads- epic city!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here