Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will qualify for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The qualifying stages have finished, so now it's...

Who has qualified for the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League?
England - Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool & West Ham
Spain - Real Betis & Villarreal
Italy - Atalanta & Roma
Germany - Bayer Leverkusen & SC Freiburg
France - Marseille, Rennes & Toulouse
Portugal - Sporting CP
Austria - LASK & Sturm Graz
Azerbaijan - Qarabag
Belgium - Union Saint-Gilloise
Czechia - Slavia Prague & Sparta Prague
Cyprus - Aris Limassol
Greece - AEK Athens, Olympiacos & Panathinaikos
Israel - Maccabi Haifa
Moldova - Sheriff Tiraspol
Netherlands - Ajax
Norway - Molde
Poland - Rakow Czestochowa
Scotland - Rangers
Serbia - TSC
Sweden - BK Hacken
Switzerland - Servette

You know what's next 😏
1st September (12:00 BST) - Europa League Group Stage Draw!!!
being reported on another NSC thread by @Frutos

My work here is done.
Thank you all!

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The Champions League qualifying phase has started!

With the draw for the preliminary round being complete, we know which teams will face off against each other as another European football season starts:

Screenshot 2023-06-13 12.45.41.png

The one-legged semi-finals and final will take place at the Kopavogsvollur Stadium in Iceland.

Teams eliminated in the semi-finals or final will not be able to play us in the Europa League, however the winner may have a chance.

To see the draw, and/or if you want more information, check this:

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The first qualifying round draw of the 2023-24 UEFA Champions League has been made today:

Screenshot 2023-06-20 16.19.50.png

Teams on the left will play the first leg at home, then the second leg away.

Losers in this round will not be able to play us in the Europa League, however the winners might have a chance.

If you want more information, check this website from UEFA:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Another draw today, for the second qualifying round of the 2023-24 UEFA Champions League, despite no qualifying matches having been played so far:

Screenshot 2023-06-21 12.46.06.png

Now, we do know the 15 winners of the first qualifying round which is featured in post #17 on this thread.

Teams on the left will play the first leg at home, then the second leg away.

Winners will progress to the Champions League third qualifying round, whilst the losers will be moved into the Europa League third qualifying round.
Both winners and losers of this round could potentially play us in the Europa League.

There are two different ways of qualifying as seen:
Champions Path consists of teams who were champions in their country's first division, typically a lower ranked league.
League Path consists of teams who finished 2nd or 3rd in their country's first division, typically a higher ranked league.

To see the draw, and/or if you want more information, check the UEFA Champions League Twitter:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen there's a team called Flora. As that's the name of our dog, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

I'm also looking out for Farul Constanta. as that's a place I've long wanted to go to, just to see if it's as desolate as Ovid described.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Just seen there's a team called Flora. As that's the name of our dog, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

I'm also looking out for Farul Constanta. as that's a place I've long wanted to go to, just to see if it's as desolate as Ovid described.
I went there around 7 years ago as my first uni roommate was from there. Some parts were nice, others not. Wouldn't be the first place on my list that's for sure.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That is the team that Tudor Baluta now plays for.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
We will not be playing a team from Andorra or San Marino in the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League.

This is after Atletic Club d'Escaldes (from Andorra) and Tre Penne (from San Marino) lost 3-0 to Buducnost Podgorica (from Montenegro) and 7-1 to Breidablik (from Iceland) respectively.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 22.07.20.png

Therefore it sets up a final between Buducnost Podgorica and Breidablik, with the winner progressing to the Champions League first qualifying round where they will play Shamrock Rovers.
The final will be held on the 30th June at the Kopavogsvollur Stadium in Iceland.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
We will not be playing a team from Montenegro in the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League.
This is after Buducnost Podgorica (from Montenegro) lost 5-0 to Breidablik (from Iceland) in the 2023-24 UEFA Champions League preliminary round final. o_O
Screenshot 2023-06-30 21.55.29.png

Therefore it means that Breidablik will progress to the first qualifying round and play against Shamrock Rovers, with the first leg on the 11th of July.
Screenshot 2023-06-30 22.09.15.png

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The first legs of the 2023-24 Champions League first qualifying round have been completed, so let's have a look at the scores:
Screenshot 2023-07-12 22.02.56.png

A disappointing result for Flora, who lost 1-0 at Rakow Czestochowa, they will be hoping for a good result in the second leg at home on the 18th of July.
Whilst for Farul Constanta, they won 1-0 at home to Sheriff Tiraspol, so will try to get a win or draw in Moldova next week in order to progress.

Reminder that:
Losers in this round will not be able to play us in the Europa League, however the winners might have a chance.

Many games remain in the balance, except from match twelve with Hamrun Spartans (from Malta) losing at home 4-0 to Maccabi Haifa (from Israel), it'll be hard for the Maltese side to recover from that thrashing and therefore it's fairly certain that Brighton will not play a team from Malta in the 2023-24 Europa League.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A bad defeat for New Saints: looks like we're not going to play a group game in England.

Fingers crossed for Constanta though

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The second legs of the Champions League first qualifying rounds have been completed and it is confirmed that...

Brighton will not play a team from Albania, Armenia, Estonia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, North Macedonia, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Romania and (kind of) Wales in the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 22.05.59.png

Disappointing result for Farul Constanta (Romania) who lost 3-1 on aggregate, and will not progress, after a 3-0 away defeat at Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova).
Also, The New Saints (England/Wales) were unable to preform a comeback against BK Hacken (Sweden) as they lost 5-1 on aggregate, after a 2-0 home defeat in the second leg.
Got to be careful if we come up against them [Flora] as they have the ability to give us a BUTTERing.
Well not in this year's Europa League, Gonzo, as Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) were simply butter than Flora (Estonia) with the former side winning 4-0 on aggregate, beating Flora 3-0 away in the second leg.

With that, we can see how the Champions League second qualifying round looks like...
Screenshot 2023-07-19 22.29.03.png

Some big names will be joining at this stage, including Copenhagen (Denmark) and Galatasaray (Turkey), with the first leg being played on the 25th/26th of July and the second leg on the 1st/2nd of August.
For more information on this round, check post #5 on this thread! :thumbsup:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The second legs of the Champions League first qualifying rounds have been completed and it is confirmed that...

Brighton will not play a team from Albania, Armenia, Estonia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, North Macedonia, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Romania and (kind of) Wales in the 2023-24 UEFA Europa League.

View attachment 163810
Disappointing result for Farul Constanta (Romania) who lost 3-1 on aggregate, and will not progress, after a 3-0 away defeat at Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova).
Also, The New Saints (England/Wales) were unable to preform a comeback against BK Hacken (Sweden) as they lost 5-1 on aggregate, after a 2-0 home defeat in the second leg.

Well not in this year's Europa League, Gonzo, as Rakow Czestochowa (Poland) were simply butter than Flora (Estonia) with the former side winning 4-0 on aggregate, beating Flora 3-0 away in the second leg.

With that, we can see how the Champions League second qualifying round looks like...
View attachment 163812
Some big names will be joining at this stage, including Copenhagen (Denmark) and Galatasaray (Turkey), with the first leg being played on the 25th/26th of July and the second leg on the 1st/2nd of August.
For more information on this round, check post #5 on this thread! :thumbsup:
Nice 👍

Second round is where it starts to get interesting for us. Some of these names will probably end up in the Europa League with us.

Attachments

• 652392CB-0D67-4FC4-99CC-654E9892A09A.jpeg
    652392CB-0D67-4FC4-99CC-654E9892A09A.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 63

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks @Krafty some hard work put in by yourself. 👍
Am I right that Rangers join the Champions League 3rd Round Qualifiers and defeat would send them into the Europe League?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here