Who was your last celebrity sighting?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Esther Rantzen in Brighton just after Christmas. She looked for her age!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
While in Blighty over New Year, I had the great pleasure of walking past Nick Heyward in Henley on Thames. I nodded to him in appreciation of his early eighties oeuvre and got a smile back.

Who was the last celeb you spotted?

Brings back memories of being in the Holiday Inn, Birmingham ( early 80's )..got into a lift and was promptly joined by Mr Heyward and some very large minders. As we approached the ground floor, one of the minders told NH to stay where he was. He re-joined the lift and issued instructions for NH TO head straight for the book-kiosk.
As I entered the foyer I saw about 300 teenage girls outside with their noses pressed against the glass. I checked out and walked slowly out of the main entrance. Some of the girls had obviously seen me alighting from the same lift as NH and started asking...' are you with Haircut 100 ?....I was sorely tempted but resisted the temptation to be ravaged at 8.00am....oh such folly! 2

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Apparently the Barns Green area is becoming something of a celebrity hotspot... with both comedian & TV Chatty Man Alan Carr, and multi-million record seller & Grammy award winner Adele, moving into the area recently.

I'm astounded to hear that Nick Heywood of 'Haircut 100' is even called a celebrity.
I obviously missed a lot of British culture. Thank gawd.

I suppose it must really be something to have a bit part in a soap opera too, but these times produce a lot of rather useless, talentless 'celebrities' who are famous for doing nothing. Big Brother and X Factor are churning them out by the week, and usually their only ability seems to be 'annoyance'

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Paul Young, at my nephew's birthday party at the RAF Museum yesterday. Got there rather early, and asked this nice young lady with a kid if she knew where the party was, as she was obviously looking, too. Got chatting, and she introduced herself, and said "this is my husband, Paul". Turned around to shake hands, and instantly recognised him. Nice bloke, quite normal!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dunno if celebrities.. but saw Gemma Bissex (Eastenders and Hollyoaks) in a garage in kingston. She was walking along the rd and went into one of the houses...
215578gemmabissixjuly2k6maxim6kc0.jpg

I always see Janine from eastenders too as she lives at the bottom of my rd

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Paul Young, at my nephew's birthday party at the RAF Museum yesterday. Got there rather early, and asked this nice young lady with a kid if she knew where the party was, as she was obviously looking, too. Got chatting, and she introduced herself, and said "this is my husband, Paul". Turned around to shake hands, and instantly recognised him. Nice bloke, quite normal!

Did they get him along to do the toast?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Dunno if celebrities.. but saw Gemma Bissex (Eastenders and Hollyoaks) in a garage in kingston. She was walking along the rd and went into one of the houses...
215578gemmabissixjuly2k6maxim6kc0.jpg

Frankly, I'm not surprised she went into one of the houses. She must've been bloody FREEZING dressed like that.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Met Pasty Palmer and her parents in marks and spencers in Brighton 2 weeks ago. She said hi and her mum just smiled after i said good god.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports