Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd like to say Peter Ward . . . . But I can't remember, it was 1978/9 season though so there's a good chance it was.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Not sure, was my third or fourth game though.....

Away to Blackburn in a 2-2 draw 1983

boik

Really can't remember. Used to go to the Goldstone with my Grandad in the early 70s and really enjoyed it, but didn't pay much attention to who was who. The only player that grabbed my attention at that time was Johann Cruyff, and the glimpses on him on british tv were few and far between.

Started paying more detailed attention to the Albion when I got my first car in 77 and could get to every match at the Goldstone.

MC097

Jan 25, 2020
2004, I believe Malongo or whatever his name was scored the goal and I remember it being in the first minute or so, think we went on to lose but great memory.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Yes, Johnny Byrne.

Mike Small scored the other 2 (inc 1 pen) in a 3-1 win.

Shouldn’t have doubted myself, cheers Bob. Though apparently I was more in awe of the noise we was making rather than the actual game itself. Remember the home game better on last day of the season, Mike Small scored, Perry Digweed’s penalty save and of course Deano’s free kick in the last min, right in front of the south stand where me and my old man was sat.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Wasn’t that Boxing Day 1988?
Thanks, that would sound right, not living in the area as a kid, I would frequently go to Boxing Day games when we visited relatives for Xmas.
Am sure I went to games earlier year(s) than that but that’s the one I particularly remember.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First game was Brighton and Hove Albion v Cardiff City, 22 March 1997, can’t recall the scorers

The only memory I take was the atmosphere of the north stand and getting started on by a fat welsh bloke In a yellow coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Pretty sure it was Robert codner. We won 3-0 at Plymouth in c94. I was already 15 and after growing up in south devon
My old man convinced me in c1991 that supporting Brighton was the way forward. I was hooked. I can still remember the Plymouth goalie messing up a clearance to codner who was in the centre circle and lobbed the keeper for our third goal. It was the goal at our end at home Park when it was a grim open terrace. So few supporters there that we could be seen clearly celebrating the goal on the local news that evening.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Thank you, pretty pleased with that! Also remember getting his autograph before game. After watching the Albion lose to nil in all my other games, even a 2-2 draw felt.geeat

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Kit Napier - March 21st 1970. So I'll be getting my 50 year loyalty award from Barber, who just loves the fans, very soon.

Brighton v Southport Attendance: 14,655

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
can anyone help ?
I've checked the records but cannot find the game, as I remember it the game was Swindon at home which ended as 2-2 in the early 70s but there's no record I can find that records this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here