Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have absolutely no idea. Have no specific recollection of who the opposition in my first game was :shrug:

Someone, at some point in 1982.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1st game was home to Arsenal in the FA Cup in 1988, with (I think) Garry Nelson scoring in 2-1 defeat.

Certainly was. Great goal, too.

nelse.jpg

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
They would have been my next two choices!! Thanks a million for getting the info and posting it.. can I ask where you got it from? I was on various sites that told me score/date and league tables, but couldn't get scorers!
Yes it's from Tim Carders book, long out of print, called Seagulls - The story of BHA, which gives full details of every 1st team match from 1898/99 to 1993/94.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was there, that was a couple of weeks, after my first game .... Ian Mellor the first scorer..

View attachment 119465

What website is that from? I can never find one that shows MINUTES of goals any further back than about 1990.

I think my first goal was Gerry Ryan, but I could be mistaken, Steve Foster got the other goal that day, and my memory may have them the wrong way round.

Brighton 2-4 Norwich. 27th Oct 1979.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
What website is that from? I can never find one that shows MINUTES of goals any further back than about 1990.

I think my first goal was Gerry Ryan, but I could be mistaken, Steve Foster got the other goal that day, and my memory may have them the wrong way round.

ah!

that was the Moseley for England game :lol:

he had a bit of a stinker
but the North Stand still had a bit of humour

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Alan Duffy with both goals.

32,036 at The Goldstone. Bigger than anything possible currently at The Amex of course.

Wow, Alan Duffy!!! Thanks. There cannot be many sports questions that will have him as an answer. A hero for the North Stand and for me, and a "character". Now I will always have reason to remember him.

I remember the huge crowd and noise that day as a young boy (and on many other days in that era). Quite interesting with so many threads about how to improve the atmosphere at the AMEX, remembering the tumult that the Goldstone could create on occasions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hi,
Unfortunately that was a Colchester website.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Wow, Alan Duffy!!! Thanks. There cannot be many sports questions that will have him as an answer. A hero for the North Stand and for me, and a "character". Now I will always have reason to remember him.

I remember the huge crowd and noise that day as a young boy (and on many other days in that era). Quite interesting with so many threads about how to improve the atmosphere at the AMEX, remembering the tumult that the Goldstone could create on occasions.

There's more interesting stuff about the rotund Duffy here...

https://inparallellines.wordpress.c...-their-hearts-after-a-sensational-debut-goal/

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
My first match was at home to Shrewsbury Town in November 83, but I have no idea who scored.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
My first 2 games were 70/71 & (early) 71/72 seasons Albion failed to score in either. Remember being at the Rochdale promotion game when Templeman scored, but can't remember which couple of games I attended prior to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here