Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Either Kit Napier or John Napier in a 4-1 win against Barrow in the spring of 1969.

I can't find a list of the order of scorerers online.

Kit

From Tim Carder & Roger Harris' Seagulls!

edit: I see AZ has beaten me to it

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
John Byrne, I’m pretty sure though could have been someone else scored first and he scored 2x ??

Was an away match at Ipswich in 1990, and my first season ended with a trip to Wembley, shame the players didn’t turn up that day.

Yes, Johnny Byrne.

Mike Small scored the other 2 (inc 1 pen) in a 3-1 win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kit Napier, as per the "Albion Results Book" from the Brighton and Hove Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society, now known as the Albion Heritage Society. (The other scorers that day were Dave Armstrong and Alex Dawson with 2).

:bowdown::cheers:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Danny Wilson and then Darren Hughes in a 2-0 win over Palace in April 87.
It was Barry Lloyd’s first win after something like 14 games!

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Can someone help me out. 1977-78 season. March 2-0 win at home v Fulham. Would love to know who got the first?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Honestly don't know. Vividly remember my first game as it was my next door neighbour's birthday treat. Sadly it was 0-0 v Southampton in 1979. Went to very few Division 1 games as I was reliant on my dad taking me (Being 8-12 at the time) and the only one I can remember going to at the time was losing 0-2 to Utd in the FA Cup in 1981. I am sure there were a few other games around that time but couldn't tell you what they were.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Can't remember if it was my first Albion game (I was in the north stand), but the one I remember vividly was Dean Wilkins curler into top corner against Palace in our 3:1 win (I think). Sometime in the '80s.

Anyone know the date of this game?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Maybe you can help me then. My first game was on 8 Nov 1958 v Bristol Rovers. It was 1-1 and both teams also missed a penalty - ours hit the bar and theirs hit the roof of the stand. But I don't know who scored for us and can't find it online.

Sorry, can't help. I had to look mine up on line .

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can't remember if it was my first Albion game (I was in the north stand), but the one I remember vividly was Dean Wilkins curler into top corner against Palace in our 3:1 win (I think). Sometime in the '80s.

Anyone know the date of this game?

Wasn’t that Boxing Day 1988?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Albert Mundy home to Newport County 1955
Albert held the record for scoring the fastest goal scored in the Football League whilst playing for the Albion, he then broke that record again playing for Aldershot in 1958

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Albert Mundy home to Newport County 1955
Albert held the record for scoring the fastest goal scored in the Football League whilst playing for the Albion, he then broke that record again playing for Aldershot in 1958

and according to wiki

he was top goalscorer for us 3 seasons in a row :bowdown:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Definitely not the first I saw, but the one I remember clearly from around the mid 60s: Millwall legend and hardman (funny how those two go so nicely together) Harry Cripps slotted a lovely OG for us. Thanks Harry, you were a gent.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here