Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who on here has been to walk past the Queen's coffin?

Have you been to walk past the Queen's coffin?

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
24hr queue now, down slightly fom 25hr. Bonkers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The queen truly is the worlds greatest sheep dog, even at rest in a box she can herd sheep in their thousands.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Still trying to get on the honors list then? :whistle:

He has to give the Tory party a few million for that to happen.

I hadn't realised but Beckham was presented with an OBE by the Queen in 2003 for his services to football.:p

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Haven't been to the lying in state but have been in that area a few times this week via work and there's something special about it if only from a cultural and historical perspective. The significance of what's happened / happening hadn't really fully struck me until walking through the Westminster area and the Mall. I'm not hugely keen on the royalty as an institution but from the perspective of us as a society it's an incredible moment in time right now, particularly as most of us will never have experienced anything like it before.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I did it yesterday. Joined the back of the queue at 05:30, entered the hall at 16:45. I have got to say that I found it quite a moving experience. The queue itself sounds daunting but it was a lovely atmosphere, you spoke to lots of people you would normally just have passed on the street, it went through some of the nicer bits of London and for me the various injuries (like the back) stood up to it.

For me it was very worthwhile, I appreciate it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I am very glad I did it. Had the queue times been what they are now I would probably have had a lie in instead!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm a photographer and was in London yesterday photographing 'the Queue'. It's an an absolutely incredible sight, how many people are in it isn't known but it's four deep in many places, densely packed and stretches for six miles. People were incredibly good natured and happy despite many of them having been in the queue for up to 11 hours.

There were young people, old people, people with obvious disabilities and people of all ethnicities, to me it was Britain at its very best.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I did it yesterday. Joined the back of the queue at 05:30, entered the hall at 16:45. I have got to say that I found it quite a moving experience. The queue itself sounds daunting but it was a lovely atmosphere, you spoke to lots of people you would normally just have passed on the street, it went through some of the nicer bits of London and for me the various injuries (like the back) stood up to it.

For me it was very worthwhile, I appreciate it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I am very glad I did it. Had the queue times been what they are now I would probably have had a lie in instead!

I've been in Westminster Hall quite a lot of times, and then into the committee rooms and corridors. I'm interested in how the queue arrives at the back of the hall - do you wind your way through the corridors of the HoP, or is there some sort of quick entrance? Fascinating place to be in.

I'm a photographer and was in London yesterday photographing 'the Queue'. It's an an absolutely incredible sight, how many people are in it isn't known but it's four deep in many places, densely packed and stretches for six miles. People were incredibly good natured and happy despite many of them having been in the queue for up to 11 hours.

There were young people, old people, people with obvious disabilities and people of all ethnicities, to me it was Britain at its very best.

Yes - if I were nearer London I would have gone to do that myself. Have you posted any online?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I've been in Westminster Hall quite a lot of times, and then into the committee rooms and corridors. I'm interested in how the queue arrives at the back of the hall - do you wind your way through the corridors of the HoP, or is there some sort of quick entrance? Fascinating place to be in.

Yes - if I were nearer London I would have gone to do that myself. Have you posted any online?

No, not yet, missed deadline, but i'll put a few on this thread later.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My wife and her friend went yesterday. They queued for 13 hours and finally entered Westminster Hall slap bang in the middle of the royal kids' 13 minute vigil.

She appeared on all the main news channels and is on the front of The Sun, albeit in the background.

The mother-in-law is round now, lapping up the stories about the day's events. Fortunately she brought a copy of The Sun with her, saving me the ignominy of having to do it.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Got a prime spot outside Horse Guards and stood for 7 hours before the gun carriage went past on Wednesday. Swiftly went to the south bank to queue for just over 6 hours before the lying in state. Do not regret one single second in paying my respects to, who I consider, will go down in history as one of our greatest Monarchs. I'm not surprised at the woke generation majority on NSC who appear to be at odds with the patriotic majority of the country.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Got a prime spot outside Horse Guards and stood for 7 hours before the gun carriage went past on Wednesday. Swiftly went to the south bank to queue for just over 6 hours before the lying in state. Do not regret one single second in paying my respects to, who I consider, will go down in history as one of our greatest Monarchs. I'm not surprised at the woke generation majority on NSC who appear to be at odds with the patriotic majority of the country.

What age range do you consider to be the Woke Generation?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I assume in this instance (as in all other instances) woke means anyone who has a different opinion to yours?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do not consider it to be a specific age group, but an attitude held in these times by a noisy minority.

You referred to it as a “woke generation”. You have written a two word phrase and you don’t understand the meaning of either word.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I do not consider it to be a specific age group, but an attitude held in these times by a noisy minority.

But you think the Woke Boogiemen are a majority on NSC? The forum which, in a recent poll, voted in favour of keeping the monarchy and 25% say they have seen or would like to look at a royal coffin?

Other than expressing a distaste for anachronistic institutions which represent all that is wrong with British society, what else do these woke folks get up to? I'd like to subscribe to their newsletter.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
But you think the Woke Boogiemen are a majority on NSC? The forum which, in a recent poll, voted in favour of keeping the monarchy and 25% say they have seen or would like to look at a royal coffin?

Other than expressing a distaste for anachronistic institutions which represent all that is wrong with British society, what else do these woke folks get up to? I'd like to subscribe to their newsletter.

I suspect they Wordle as well as any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here