Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who needs to leave the club this summer?

Stoaty Ferret said:
To the people who want Butters to go - how many bad games has he had for us this year? 2 maybe?

We need to get in more experience and cut the playing squad by getting rid of the youngsters who can't cut the mustard. Get them out on loan to Crawley and Aldershot and toughen them up physically and mentally.

Hard to disagree about Butters-he should be offered a new deal.

Good call regarding loaning a few youngsters out. Other clubs use us to give their players playing time and get them match fitness-it's how the game works these days.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stoaty Ferret said:
Today was atrocious again for the umpteenth time this season. However I still think we could be a half decent side with a few key signings in certain positions. We have been hit by injuries to our best players - Hammond and Lynch and Dean was playing Mayo and El Abd out of position today so the result was not a great surprise. The optimum squad size is about 25 for us given our financial constraints. This would be my side for next season to push for the play offs.

New Goalkeeper - Scott Flinders on a season long loan would be perfect.

RB - Andy Whing - He loves us, we badly need a right back like him - go get him Dean.

CB - Joel Lynch

CB - Guy Butters / Adam Hinsh

LB - Sam Rents

RM - Dean Cox

CM - Alexis Bertin

CM - Dean Hammond

LM - New Signing

CF - Alex Revell

CF - New signing - a Leon Best would be great but if not someone like

Back ups / Reserves

Paul Reid
Tommy Elphick
Big Bas
Joe Gatting
Scott Chamberlain
Tommy Fraser
Nathan Elder
Michel Kuipers - if he doesn't mind playing second fiddle.
Charlie - week to week contract until fit
One of John Sullivan / Richard Martin
Alex Frutos - give him until Xmas
Jake - ditto
New Attacking Centre Midfielder

VERY hard to disagree with that as most of it is spot on and one of the best , accurate yet plain simple posts i've seen on the board in my time here ... however this is NSC so EVERYONE must have a go at picking holes in it

personally as Yorkie said we will probably be losing Bertin ,Charlie i trust Deano to make the right decision with BUT i don't think he'll stay in a coaching role , i'd like to see him stay around the club in some shape or form mind - maybe keeping on this kid development scheme ?

in the reserves i would still keep Harty - maybe not start him but to have abit of experience on the bench is vital next season when you look how young and experience that squad is overall , doesn't have to play every week either

i wouldn't put a time on Jakey either , yes he's not been scoring as he's being used down the flanks and lets face it - it's working just we are going through the phase of having no one in there to finish it.

doubt we'll keep Flinders either , the Palace fans seem to think he'll appear more for them next season (or at least be on the bench) but hey we can dream right

other then that.. brilliant,i totally agree :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It depends if we're going to replace any of these players with anyone better, if they get replaced by shit from the non leagues then what's the point. As for Robinson, I still think he'll come good, he was brought into the first team 2 years too early. Now he's been around a while everyone expects him to produce the goods, when really he should only just be breaking into the team now

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Braders said:
VERY hard to disagree with that as most of it is spot on and one of the best , accurate yet plain simple posts i've seen on the board in my time here ... however this is NSC so EVERYONE must have a go at picking holes in it

personally as Yorkie said we will probably be losing Bertin ,Charlie i trust Deano to make the right decision with BUT i don't think he'll stay in a coaching role , i'd like to see him stay around the club in some shape or form mind - maybe keeping on this kid development scheme ?

in the reserves i would still keep Harty - maybe not start him but to have abit of experience on the bench is vital next season when you look how young and experience that squad is overall , doesn't have to play every week either

i wouldn't put a time on Jakey either , yes he's not been scoring as he's being used down the flanks and lets face it - it's working just we are going through the phase of having no one in there to finish it.

doubt we'll keep Flinders either , the Palace fans seem to think he'll appear more for them next season (or at least be on the bench) but hey we can dream right

other then that.. brilliant,i totally agree :)

I used to work with a p*l*ce fan, who now lives in Houstone, but that's by the by. He says Flinders got a lot of stick from their crowd when he played earleir in the season (sounds familiar) and he wasn't too happy about this and may want to move on.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hercules Rockerfeller said:
I used to work with a p*l*ce fan, who now lives in Houstone, but that's by the by. He says Flinders got a lot of stick from their crowd when he played earleir in the season (sounds familiar) and he wasn't too happy about this and may want to move on.
that as it may be , but if they get rid of a couple of keepers like they might then he'll be further up the pecking order , and even if they did want to let him go i'm guessing they'll want to get most of the 1Mil they payed for him back too

plus because he's dealing with Brighton i'll be guessing even if we COULD afford to go in for him Simon Jordan will act a right cock about it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Billy the Fish said:
It depends if we're going to replace any of these players with anyone better, if they get replaced by shit from the non leagues then what's the point. As for Robinson, I still think he'll come good, he was brought into the first team 2 years too early. Now he's been around a while everyone expects him to produce the goods, when really he should only just be breaking into the team now

True and who can argue with two (TWO) hat tricks in a season.

Obviously Nsc can. :rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I bet Bristol City and Reading fans were saying get rid of Savage because he's useless.

Yorkie said:
True and who can argue with two (TWO) hat tricks in a season.

Obviously Nsc can. :rolleyes:

Old ground but....one hat trick against non-league opposition and the other against a very poor on the day Huddersfield.

Apart from that, he hasn't done a great deal apart from looking like a conference player.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
We all could of been if it hadnt been for LDC . a mate of mine was in the Lansdowne in Lewes on thursday night when the lady vice mayor walked in he asked her about the stadium and the reply he got was "you ignorant football thug what do you know about politics" then"i expect you only read the argus" shame she didnt pop in the volunteer and say that ?

Lib dem =TOSSERS

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
Withdean Wanderer said:
Depends who we get in!

If we can get in 15 better plays, get rid of all of them!

But Loft and Fraser are the only ones i'd get rid of now if we don't actually bring any quality in.

why get rid of fraser?? fair enough at time he has been shit but he is in his first full season as a pro!
get rid of loft and kerry but deffo keep fdm and ogh

seagurn said:
We all could of been if it hadnt been for LDC . a mate of mine was in the Lansdowne in Lewes on thursday night when the lady vice mayor walked in he asked her about the stadium and the reply he got was "you ignorant football thug what do you know about politics" then"i expect you only read the argus" shame she didnt pop in the volunteer and say that ?

That is totally outrageous-the Argus should be made aware so some floating voters can see what a bitch she is and show why they are blocking our bid. It is purely anti-football and nothing else.

I hope she gets her ass kicked-politically and physically.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Nemesis said:
That is totally outrageous-the Argus should be made aware so some floating voters can see what a bitch she is and show why they are blocking our bid. It is purely anti-football and nothing else.

I hope she gets her ass kicked-politically and physically.

My mate is actually a good bloke fairly well read not a thug and normally nicks my gaurdian to read.His only downside is he is a spurs fan. He was shocked to say the least by her outburst and i do honestly believe the lib dems will have thier cages rattled in the forthcomming elections.Its also funny how none of the "other parties" even mention Falmer i suspect scarred to?

go on the seagulls

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Braders said:
that as it may be , but if they get rid of a couple of keepers like they might then he'll be further up the pecking order , and even if they did want to let him go i'm guessing they'll want to get most of the 1Mil they payed for him back too

plus because he's dealing with Brighton i'll be guessing even if we COULD afford to go in for him Simon Jordan will act a right cock about it.

I agree with the assessment of Jordan. As far as I am aware the 1 million wasn't upfront but based on appearance money etc
I still think he is way out of our price range.

That is the long and the short of it. Most players that the fans want are out of our price range which is why we are playing inexperienced youngsters - and some like Hammond have more than passed the test - and veterans.
Until we get more revenue from higher gates, then our hands are tied.

Damn you politicians who are denying us a new home.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
On yesterdays performance, get rid of Mayo and Hart

Also would let Kuipers, Loft and Oatway go and probably wouldn't pursue in trying to get any of our loanees permantly...unless of course Flinders can be signed.

We need a striker.... personally would go back in for Byfield, don't like him but he is certainly the type of striker we need. He is a box player and would certainly be in and around the areas that our strikers seem to be unable to move into.

A right back is a must, hopefully Whing. We need a centre midfielder to play alongside Hammond and while i think Bertin is a class player i'm not sure if he makes us a better side. We certainly haven't won alot with him in the side and could argue we looked a better side with El-Abd in the holding role with Hammond.

As for Jakey, Wilkins must admit he dropped the ball on his season.... we could all see he was struggling after xmas and instead of dropping him to allow him a run in the reserves to get some goals under his belt he has used him sporadically in a variety of positions in an underachieving side which isn't what a confidence player needs.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Gatting - awful
loft - offers nothing

fraser & robinson - stay but defo no more than bench warmers

Am so surprised any1 has said hart...his commitment and desire is still there and gives us so much more than robinson

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing that frustrates me with Jakey is when you see him warming up or kicking around at half time (except when he is breaking the net, ala Yeovil) he appears to do some pretty amazing things with the ball, hitting the target from all angles and with some amazing swerve...if only he could do that a few times during a game I reckon his confidence would soar.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully said:
The thing that frustrates me with Jakey is when you see him warming up or kicking around at half time (except when he is breaking the net, ala Yeovil) he appears to do some pretty amazing things with the ball, hitting the target from all angles and with some amazing swerve...if only he could do that a few times during a game I reckon his confidence would soar.

Well observed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here