Who needs to leave the club this summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Nemesis said:
Because he's about as effective as a one legged man in a backside kicking contest?

Jake Robinson has flattered to decieve for too often - take away two hat ricks and there's not a lot left...he needs to be scoring goals on a regular basis and he's not up to it

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I think we can safely say Mayo isn't up to it anymore and sadly Hart probably isn't either.

I don't no what everyone has against Fraser though, especially as he is played wide right which is out of position for him all the time

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
Of the players out of contract

These need to go

Oatway
Mayo
Hart
Loft
Kuipers
Santos
Breach

Would very much like to see us sign

Bertin
Whing
Rehman

Think it would do us good to strengthen the team so that it is has enough depth to let players like Gatting and Fraser have a sustained loan spell at a league 2 or Conference club and improve their games.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
After July 9th......MARTIN PERRY.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Oatway will retire

Out
Mayo (A must)
Hart
Frutos
Kuipers
Loft
Fraser

Stay
Butters month to month contract

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Complete Badger said:
It would be easier to list who I want to stay. They are:

Lynch
Hammond
Kuipers
Bas

Anyone else can go, and if they do, my mood would range from not fussed to relieved.

No Hinsh?

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Today was atrocious again for the umpteenth time this season. However I still think we could be a half decent side with a few key signings in certain positions. We have been hit by injuries to our best players - Hammond and Lynch and Dean was playing Mayo and El Abd out of position today so the result was not a great surprise. The optimum squad size is about 25 for us given our financial constraints. This would be my side for next season to push for the play offs.

New Goalkeeper - Scott Flinders on a season long loan would be perfect.

RB - Andy Whing - He loves us, we badly need a right back like him - go get him Dean.

CB - Joel Lynch

CB - Guy Butters / Adam Hinsh

LB - Sam Rents

RM - Dean Cox

CM - Alexis Bertin

CM - Dean Hammond

LM - New Signing

CF - Alex Revell

CF - New signing - a Leon Best would be great but if not someone like

Back ups / Reserves

Paul Reid
Tommy Elphick
Big Bas
Joe Gatting
Scott Chamberlain
Tommy Fraser
Nathan Elder
Michel Kuipers - if he doesn't mind playing second fiddle.
Charlie - week to week contract until fit
One of John Sullivan / Richard Martin
Alex Frutos - give him until Xmas
Jake - ditto
New Attacking Centre Midfielder

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Basil Fawlty said:

Wanderbus- Why do you want to get rid of Jake Robinson?!
I just think that he's been around the 1st team for a long time without moving forward, he doesnt seem to have the impact that we all thought he would/could(although I would like him to) Also maybe having him & cox in the side is a luxury which I dont think we can afford. Afresh start at another club would possibly give him a chance to fulfill his potential , something that I dont believe will happen here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
White
Chapman

Hart
Frutos
Santos
Loft
Kuipers to reduce wage bill

Mayo
Oatway 3 months contracts each.

Butters as cover player /reserve team Manager/ 1st team defensive coach.

Martin or Sullivan & Gatting season long lone to a conference club Aldershot or Woking or similar.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hart - sorry past his best
Mayo - good servant, but another past it
Kuipers - unless he takes a large pay cut
Oatway - past it now
Fraser - non league
Frutos - can't even get in a shit side
Gatting - see fraser
Butters - lets get someone young in
Loft - ditto fraser

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
the wanderbus said:
I just think that he's been around the 1st team for a long time without moving forward, he doesnt seem to have the impact that we all thought he would/could(although I would like him to) Also maybe having him & cox in the side is a luxury which I dont think we can afford. Afresh start at another club would possibly give him a chance to fulfill his potential , something that I dont believe will happen here.

Can't argue with that, his size will always make him a bit of a luxury, even if he regained his form.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
To the people who want Butters to go - how many bad games has he had for us this year? 2 maybe?

We need to get in more experience and cut the playing squad by getting rid of the youngsters who can't cut the mustard. Get them out on loan to Crawley and Aldershot and toughen them up physically and mentally.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stoaty Ferret said:
Today was atrocious again for the umpteenth time this season. However I still think we could be a half decent side with a few key signings in certain positions. We have been hit by injuries to our best players - Hammond and Lynch and Dean was playing Mayo and El Abd out of position today so the result was not a great surprise. The optimum squad size is about 25 for us given our financial constraints. This would be my side for next season to push for the play offs.

New Goalkeeper - Scott Flinders on a season long loan would be perfect.

RB - Andy Whing - He loves us, we badly need a right back like him - go get him Dean.

CB - Joel Lynch

CB - Guy Butters / Adam Hinsh

LB - Sam Rents

RM - Dean Cox

CM - Alexis Bertin

CM - Dean Hammond

LM - New Signing

CF - Alex Revell

CF - New signing - a Leon Best would be great but if not someone like

Back ups / Reserves

Paul Reid
Tommy Elphick
Big Bas
Joe Gatting
Scott Chamberlain
Tommy Fraser
Nathan Elder
Michel Kuipers - if he doesn't mind playing second fiddle.
Charlie - week to week contract until fit
One of John Sullivan / Richard Martin
Alex Frutos - give him until Xmas
Jake - ditto
New Attacking Centre Midfielder

I would agree with the majority of that except that I think we're going to lose Bertin anyway and we can put Reid into the first team.

Regarding injured players, the clubs policy has been to renew their contracts to give them every chance to get back in the team so all those who are saying get rid of Oatway are going to be disappointed.
(just for Stoaty - Wes Fogden has only just come back from having a tumour removed from his spine, he played in the reserves this last week)

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Rougvie said:
Let me tell it how it is for the NEWCOMERS.

Robinson has been consistanlty SHIT for a long time now,OK, admittedly a few goals in between, but not nearly enough.

Lets face it, its not long ago he couldnt cut it in the Conference, he is too lightweight and not good enough for this division.

Mayo is about the only other for definate, but there are too many just here for the beer

I thnk the jury's out on Robinson, but to say he couldn't cut it in the Conference isn't actually correct as I work with a Shots fan and he says he did well for them and they rated him. But he may not be up to league football, which is a shame.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
the wanderbus said:

Sad, bit true I'm afraid. We all want him to be the player we were told he was going to be, but for whatever reason it isn't happening. As you say, it may even do him good to move on. Get out of his comfort zone with a new manager who will not play him based on past performance and expectation.

I am happy to be proved wrong.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Yorkie said:
I would agree with the majority of that except that I think we're going to lose Bertin anyway and we can put Reid into the first team.

Regarding injured players, the clubs policy has been to renew their contracts to give them every chance to get back in the team so all those who are saying get rid of Oatway are going to be disappointed.
(just for Stoaty - Wes Fogden has only just come back from having a tumour removed from his spine, he played in the reserves this last week)

Charlie will graciously retire.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hercules Rockerfeller said:
Charlie will graciously retire.

That's not what I heard yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports