Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is to blame for this horrendous PR gaff ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But why release the statement when they knew where he would be - and that he might comment live on air?

It is possible that as Gus says, his reps have been in discussions with the club all day and that the club panicked and issued the release because they're feared him saying something on live tv. Sensibly, you would have thought they would have set a plan to release yesterday which would have taken the sting out of today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well whatever the truth is Gus has royally torn a new one tonight for BHAFC so I expect a statement from Bloom tomorrow, not that clown Barber as to where we are going now. It is serious now as the club has been made a complete joke tonight so decisive action is needed now to counteract this evening.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Utter, utter shambles. Even if it had become inevitable over the last week, it is still very badly portrayed by the club, as Poyet now has become the victim.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's entirely possible that the club informed Poyet's legal team earlier today without realising he was going to be on TV tonight. Once they realised he was they thought they'd better get a statement out quickly before Poyet revealed his sacking on live TV to every Brighton fan that was watching, cause he would have been quizzed about the situation by the presenter as he was last time he was on. When releasing the statement the club didn't actually know Poyet's legal team hadn't yet informed him as they'd not been able to get hold of him due to driving to a TV studio in Manchester.

A complete cluster **** of events could have led to a situation where the club wouldn't have looked good no matter the out come. The binfest currently happening is nothing compared to the one that would have happened had Gus been able to announce his own sacking.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
All I am saying is that it was terrible PR and I cannot believe some people cannot see that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's entirely possible that the club informed Poyet's legal team earlier today without realising he was going to be on TV tonight. Once they realised he was they thought they'd better get a statement out quickly before Poyet revealed his sacking on live TV to every Brighton fan that was watching, cause he would have been quizzed about the situation by the presenter as he was last time he was on. When releasing the statement the club didn't actually know Poyet's legal team hadn't yet informed him as they'd not been able to get hold of him due to driving to a TV studio in Manchester.

A complete cluster **** of events could have led to a situation where the club wouldn't have looked good no matter the out come. The binfest currently happening is nothing compared to the one that would have happened had Gus been able to announce his own sacking.

if he hadnt actually been informed over his sacking then he wouldnt of been able to announce it in the first place..looks a tad silly to me

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every website? Yeah, like Nursery World has a view on whether the club was pathetic? Time Magazine as well?

The negative consequence of letting Gus announce the news to the world would have been greater. At least now, if the club did inform him earlier today, they have an opportunity to prove he is lying.

More chance of us being in time than nursery news these days! Shows how far we've come!! Palace can only dream of this PR ;)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Poyet also looked extremely upset but dignified on BBC3 just now - much better than I would have been if I had just been humiliated on live national tv in front of several million viewers. He even thanked the fans for their forebearance.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If the club didn't want him to announce anything in advance on tv, they could have included a gagging clause in his settlement.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This! Total tin pot leadership. Mr Bloom has got to get back and control his bloody pitbull! I am utterly ashamed tonight!

Whilst the buck stop with Barber, I fear that he actually has a tinpot set up supporting him. He knows that the structure he has inherited just isn't up to scratch. Clearly the comms people are way out of their depth otherwise tonight's cock-up would not have happened.

Whatever anyone says, it's embarrassing piece of comms.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We all love the guy but even he can make a mistake.
Absolutely he is human after all, but you can guarantee that the timing of the press release wasn't random. It was done with reason, whether that be vindictiveness or something else. We'll have to wait and see how this all plays out, it'll give the press something to write about which will please them (hey NS) but I have a feeling we'll probably be alright.

:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poyet also looked extremely upset but dignified on BBC3 just now - much better than I would have been if I had just been humiliated on live national tv in front of several million viewers. He even thanked the fans for their forebearance.

It is game set and almost match for Poyet now. Just a firm across court smash from him for it to be game over. What I want is a statement from BLOOM not BARBER tomorrow as he has been an unmitigated PR Disaster for me.

Dandyman

In London village.
But why release it on a Sunday knowing he was on live tv that evening ? Why not release it tomorrow morning ?

After he has had the chance to break the story ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here