Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is to blame for this horrendous PR gaff ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The catering company sacked, gullys girls sacked, Massive and horrendous security gaff (although this isn't the first one), players in court, staff being made redundant (1 and a half years into their contract) and now the manager in some stupid HR disaster no matter what the club want to call it 'pending or imminent' is sacked on national TV! Problems within the way the club is run..... I think so!!

Does anyone know of any answers to what the club have now put in place security wise to stop things happening agin?

You forgot that time someone was charged 5p too much for a pint.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am disappointed you stoop so low with all the ****? just coz you don't like someone coming back at you.
For the record I agree with you about Gus, but for a mod to come out with that is poor in my very humble opinion:dunce:
I find calling someone a plank gets the message over just as well-------that's all :drink:

i'm with u on this simmo

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is not a PR disaster, the OP clearly has no idea what one is.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously it is in no way a PR disaster, think Gus is drowning in his own sorrow now.

Maybe. I am glad TB and PB came out today with some strong comments.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
The fact that Gus had a TV slot was irrelevant. The club had made the decision on Sunday and announced when they knew (and had made him aware clearly) - it was necessary as the players were due in the next day. I don't see the fuss and why its a 'PR' disaster. It's not and it will all blow over.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Them fecking Romans!

What did they ever do for us anyway?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

Excuse me for raising this but, the club have said that Poyet was well aware that his dismissal was pending, what they didn't come out and say was "Poyet knew he was dismissed".

Perhaps Poyet actually didn't know he had finally been sacked when questioned?

As regards most of you posting that its made B&HA look tin pot/unprofessional/a laughing stock etc?

You're having a laugh. I'm in a bar in France where, besides me - who as a palace fan, agreed wholeheartedly with them but, by law, had to laugh - there were fans from West Ham, Spurs, inter Milan, Crawley Town :))), Celtic and Hull City. Every single one of us thought your owners have played a blinder and stood up to what's right in the game against everything that is so wrong. WTF should a manager that fails to meet the standards expected of him expect a penny in compensation?

Good on you bloom!

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
NO PR Gaff for the club in my book.
Gus makes a prat of himself on TV again ( his legal team would have know before statement was released, He knew you could tell that be the back tracking in the full time part of the interview)
Club does everything by the book.
Barber doing his job well in moving the club forward to met those FFP rules. For all you Barber haters out there whoever we had in this roll would have a tough job to do, it is never easy having to lay off staff etc & find ways to cut expenses & you are never going to be popular, But I would rather be in our situation than the likes of Leicester.
Bloom Believes we can go up. Exactly what I want to here from our Chairman, a fan, none of this we have hit the ceiling & whether it happens this season or next season or even the season after that I don't care, we are having the best times in 30 years & the championship is a great league to be in.
We have a great stadium with great facilities & great fan base & whoever does become our next manager has landed a good job, something Gus should have realised.
Keep up the good work TB I'm proud to be a Brighton Fan.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excuse me for raising this but, the club have said that Poyet was well aware that his dismissal was pending, what they didn't come out and say was "Poyet knew he was dismissed".

Perhaps Poyet actually didn't know he had finally been sacked when questioned?

As regards most of you posting that its made B&HA look tin pot/unprofessional/a laughing stock etc?

You're having a laugh. I'm in a bar in France where, besides me - who as a palace fan, agreed wholeheartedly with them but, by law, had to laugh - there were fans from West Ham, Spurs, inter Milan, Crawley Town :))), Celtic and Hull City. Every single one of us thought your owners have played a blinder and stood up to what's right in the game against everything that is so wrong. WTF should a manager that fails to meet the standards expected of him expect a penny in compensation?

Good on you bloom!

A telling post from a Palace fan, who is normally ready to mock or stick the boot in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just been looking on line and it's good to see the national papers are putting the Albions side of the story across now, Added to Tony Bloom and Paul Barbers efforts yesterday I'm not convinced Gus Poyet has got the moral high ground he thought he had anymore.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Just been looking on line and it's good to see the national papers are putting the Albions side of the story across now, Added to Tony Bloom and Paul Barbers efforts yesterday I'm not convinced Gus Poyet has got the moral high ground he thought he had anymore.

Derek McGovern in mirror the big surprise was they didn't wheel on Alan Sugar to do the firing- Gus your FIRED!!
or perhaps we could have got Anne Robinson to do it- Gus you are the weakest link GOODBYE!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The catering company sacked, gullys girls sacked, Massive and horrendous security gaff (although this isn't the first one), players in court, staff being made redundant (1 and a half years into their contract) and now the manager in some stupid HR disaster no matter what the club want to call it 'pending or imminent' is sacked on national TV! Problems within the way the club is run..... I think so!!

Does anyone know of any answers to what the club have now put in place security wise to stop things happening agin?

Could be a musical here...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Moving quickly to get the new manager in is definitely helping things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here