Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the best players in the Championship?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bellamy is the best and Sinclair was a better dribbler in that division than Zaha

Bellamy doesn't have much in terms of flicks, but his end product is fantastic. He doesn't run with the ball anywhere near as well, and won't beat his man (or 3 men at the same time) as consistently as Wilf does.

I also had the pleasure of watching Sinclair at Selhurst when we had him on loan for our playoff push. He was a good player but really not even close to Zaha's level at the same age.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bellamy doesn't have much in terms of flicks, but his end product is fantastic. He doesn't run with the ball anywhere near as well, and won't beat his man (or 3 men at the same time) as consistently as Wilf does.

I also had the pleasure of watching Sinclair at Selhurst when we had him on loan for our playoff push. He was a good player but really not even close to Zaha's level at the same age.

Adam Johnson was on loan to Watford and played a bit for MIddlesbrough in the Championship, he is ANOTHER to spit in the face of your ridiculous claim Zaha is the best dribbler EVER in this league. Seriously over the top statement, Scott Sinclair might not have been better than Zaha at this age (massively debatable) but that is a sheer irrelevance because when he helped Swansea to promotion he was unplayable.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
No mention for Paddy Kenny in goal ???

For me Peter Wittingham is the stand out player in this division. Unbelievable technical ability.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bellamy is the best and Sinclair was a better dribbler in that division than Zaha

I would prefer us to sign Zaha than Bellamy even if they were the same age. Zaha is that player that Dicker isn't, difficult to stop. At the moment I prefer Will Buckley, who is faster and a better awareness of his team mates.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No mention for Paddy Kenny in goal ???

For me Peter Wittingham is the stand out player in this division. Unbelievable technical ability.

Not only that he has a work rate and cover lots of the pitch so he is difficult to man-mark.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Say what you like about his (much improved and still improving) end product, he is the best dribbler of the ball ever to play in this division.

I like Zaha, think he's going to be a very very good player, but Georgi Kinkladze played in this division, end of discussion......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zaha is an excellent player, but...
Say what you like about his (much improved and still improving) end product, he is the best dribbler of the ball ever to play in this division.
:laugh: :lolol: :lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nearly in for the revised team.

Who is the best right back, best aerial central defender ? and I am not sure of the third midfielder in a 4-3-3 with Whittingham and Danny Murphy. Vicente is if he was fit.

Not much to choose between the keepers. Zaha to play behind Austin as the main striker. Buckley wide right in a 4-3-3 (automatic choice)

Last edited:

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
Adam Johnson was on loan to Watford and played a bit for MIddlesbrough in the Championship, he is ANOTHER to spit in the face of your ridiculous claim Zaha is the best dribbler EVER in this league. Seriously over the top statement, Scott Sinclair might not have been better than Zaha at this age (massively debatable) but that is a sheer irrelevance because when he helped Swansea to promotion he was unplayable.

Adel Taarabt was also unreal in QPR's promotion season

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Goals dried up in the Premier and he looked influential but his shooting was naff against Reading.

On topic: Poyet: Buckley is not for sale From The Argus)

I agree with Gus. I suggested £40 million before the Leeds match. (Based on Caroll economics)

I still we ought to buy Zaha as well though to play the Dobbie role. If we go up we need to buy some more good players and £10 million + is the going rate.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

ANOTHER top quality shout. The claim that Zaha is the best dribbler EVER to play in this league is the funniest thing I've read on here since the tales of the girlfriend of [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION]!

D

Deleted member 18477

GK Koooshack (brighton)

RB Edwards (ipswich)
CB Woodgate (boro)
CB Hudson (cardiff)
LB Bridge (brighton)

RM Zaha (palace)
CM Koren (Hull)
CM Wittingham (cardiff)
LM Ince (blackpool)

CF Austin (burnley)
CF Murray (palace)

subs
GK Robinson (blackburn)
CB Caldwell (birmingham)
RB/LB Bruno (brighton)
CM Leadbitter (boro)
RM/LM Buckley (brighton)
CF Emnes (boro)
CF CMS (brighton)

Obviously if Vicente and Bellamy actually stayed fit they'd walk into the starting 11 in place of Koren and Murray. That would relegate Leadbitter and CMS out of the team.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS by a mile !!!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley is the best as Gus has already told you.

He did not need to tell me. After beating Newcastle and carving his way through the Chelsea defence, I had no doubts.

Three automatic choices: Buckley, Whittingham and Woodgate. Koren is the width of the post of being on the subs bench.

System 4-3-3. (only way to play)

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Keep this thread going, you'll then include Zaha after we've played you. For an older Palace fan i have no malice against you lot, preferring to keep my distaste for the Clowns and Moan Utd, even though in the distant past i've worn spit and bricks from some of your older generation.
Having watched Zaha for almost every game this season, you only have to go on other team websites to seee how he's playing at the moment, he will terrorise Bridge. Guaranteed first tackle, Bridge will take a card to smash Wilf and Jedinak will smash Buckley, that will change the tempo of the game. For anyone who included Danny Murphy (aged and looking it), Wilf made him look an idiot a few times on Saturday, mugging him with 'tekkers' you only usually see on Soccer AM.
Still, opinions are opinions and the only player i would have from your team in ours is Buckley and from reading what i do on here about Vicente, i think he'll be heading for sunnier climbs and a more relaxing way of life, if he can get/stay fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here