Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the best players in the Championship?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Anyone leaving out Zaha is being rather petulant, he is quite clearly in the top 3 players in the league along with Ince and Austin imho (Vicente if he was fit too of course).

Yup.

--------------Schmeichel------------
Bruno*--Woodgate--Davies--Konchesky
--Whittingham--Jedinak---Bellamy----
----Zaha-------Austin-------Ince----

*if he's as good as he seems from highlights - he seems to either score or create all of your few goals.

Special mention for Jedinak, who has been our player of the season so far excluding Zaha. Leicester fans said that he was the best midfield player they'd ever seen in the Championship, and I have to agree. We will be extremely lucky if he sticks around after his contract runs out in 18 months and we should throw as much money at him as we can afford to so he stays.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nicky Bailey for Middlesborough has impressed me during their two trips to the Amex. Does an excellent defensive job just like bridcutt but has a little extra quality in an attacking sense.

Very good shout actaully, I forgot about him. Fantastic player. Middlesbrough have very quietly (and cheaply) assembled a very good squad with Jason Steele in goal as well.

Zaha managed to impress enough alongside Williams at the Amex. I guess you're choosing to omit him because he plays for us. Its fair enough but I can't wait for him to impress again at Selhurst in a month :)

Not me. I was very impressed with Jonathan Williams though, he looked fantastic against us driving into the space and was instrumental in the second half. FFS!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
.............Kuszczak
Bruno Johnson Davies Brayford
..............Bridcutt
Zaha....................Ince
...........Emnes
......Sharp.......Becchio

Subs: Loach, Noone, Austin, McCormack, Woodgate

That team would do VERY well, I reckon.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No, I completely disagree. I've never been impressed by Zaha, certainly not technically. Needs to leave there to fulfill it though.

Either you haven't seen him play for a very long time, or you know nothing about football.

Clips only from this season so far. Say what you like about his (much improved and still improving) end product, he is the best dribbler of the ball ever to play in this division.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Either you haven't seen him play for a very long time, or you know nothing about football.

Clips only from this season so far. Say what you like about his (much improved and still improving) end product, he is the best dribbler of the ball ever to play in this division.

:lolol: And there it is, the complete break from reality that was only moments away when Palace fans got involved in this thread. Given up suggesting Speroni is the best in the league now then? But you have the best dribbler this league has ever SEEN! Brilliant shout, well played.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I forgot about Nuno Gomes for the subs bench. Apart from Vicente or perhaps equal to him as the most feared player in the Championship. On the current form of Will Buckley, he has to an automatic choice though ahead of Matt Phillips.

Kasper Schmeichel had a poor match against Palace.

S.L.A.P

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Croydon
Julian Speroni, Jonathan Parr, Damiemn Delaney, Peter Ramage, Darcy Blake, Joel Ward, Dikagcoi, Jedinak, Jonathan Williams, Owen Garvan, Zaha, Bolasie, And Last but Not Least GLENN MURRAY!!!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:lolol: And there it is, the complete break from reality that was only moments away when Palace fans got involved in this thread. Given up suggesting Speroni is the best in the league now then? But you have the best dribbler this league has ever SEEN! Brilliant shout, well played.

Speroni is the best shotstopper in the league, but there is more to keeping than just that. He doesn't claim crosses well.

Can you suggest someone better at dribbling than Zaha that has played in the Championship?

Edit: By the way, as you "don't rate Zaha", you clearly know nothing about football. Top Premiership clubs are lining up to give us £10m+ to sign him. But because some Weed numpty "doesn't rate his technique", he's not the best player in the Championship :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Julian Speroni, Jonathan Parr, Damiemn Delaney, Peter Ramage, Darcy Blake, Joel Ward, Dikagcoi, Jedinak, Jonathan Williams, Owen Garvan, Zaha, Bolasie, And Last but Not Least GLENN MURRAY!!!

Well, we're 3rd at the moment. If we are allowed to play with 13 players we would definitely be the best team in the league.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Speroni is the best shotstopper in the league, but there is more to keeping than just that. He doesn't claim crosses well.

Can you suggest someone better at dribbling than Zaha that has played in the Championship?

Vicente, Tom Ince, Max Gradel, Robert Snodgrass, Kerry Mayo. Just a few names for you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Vicente, Tom Ince, Max Gradel, Robert Snodgrass, Kerry Mayo. Just a few names for you.

No, no, no, no, haha.

None of them are anywhere near as skillful with the ball at their feet. Soccer AM could fill a "showboat" every week with what Wilfried does on a Saturday. He is, by a considerable distance, the best dribbler of a ball the league has seen. He is triple marked now in every game he plays, and still comes out with the ball 9 times out of 10 beating his man. He utterly destroyed Konchesky (widely seen as the best fullback in the division) against Leicester last week. He did the same to Blackburn, dismantled Wolves single-handedly, same with Bolton, etc.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Zaha is worth a shout. Jedinak maybe as well.

The tricky thing is to find a good right back and the two best strikers. And I am not sure about the aerial centre half. I put Hudson, but Morgan may be better? I put Luke Steele down from last season as reserve keeper, but the keeper could just as easily been Jason Steele. Or a handful of other keepers?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If i could buy 1 single player from any side in the championship and slot him into our team it would be Trotter

Dec 29, 2011
David N'gog, Martin Petrov? Not seen them in the Championship but from what I saw of them in the Prem I reckon they could do a decent job

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If I could have any player in this league then it'd be Kevin Davies, just what we need.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

EVER to play in this division? You've lost it.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am afraid to say that Zaha does look better than both Ashley Barnes and Dobbie. It makes me think it would be good to get Kazenga Lualua back on form. It should make for a good match against Palace. Its his change of direction that makes him hard to stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here