Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't hate Palace fans. However I despise the way they've mocked us over the years thanks to us being at a lower level because unlike them, we've paid our way. Now, we are so much better so their sad followers need to be told how inferior they are on and off the field.

CPFC2010 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I don't hate Palace fans. However I despise the way they've mocked us over the years thanks to us being at a lower level because unlike them, we've paid our way. Now, we are so much better so their sad followers need to be told how inferior they are on and off the field.

CPFC2010 :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Says the person who gets mocked by his own teams fans both on here and on the Palace site.

Neigh.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Right, this will be my last post on here till September 27th, i promise! I will be however be back after the game, (win, lose or draw)

Just want to get a final few things of my chest. The reason i came on here in the first place is because i read a lot of deluded and arrogant bollox from a fair amount of poster's and i wanted to bring a few down to earth. Yes, you won the league last year at a canter but please note this, the Championship is a bitch of a league and you will find it fairly tough looking at your present squad (same applies to us) The arrogance quite honestly is amazing, you are like the Chelsea of The Championship. To think that CMS turned down West Ham for you because you are a bigger club or have a better future is rubbish, he went for the money (just like Murray) end of. Lets also see how Gus does when you lose a few games instead of win week after week...

There's also way to much crap going about Palace on here, we do have money to spend as i have proved but most of you seem to ignore that and slag our player's off. Maybe i'm being a hypocrite when i say that you would love players such as Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose in your line-up but i truely believe that is the case. Freedman has said that it will take huge offers to take them away from us so i think were be keeping hold of them. Ambrose will not join you so move on. I still stand by my comments, ask any neutral who's squad they would rather have at time of writing and i think most would pick ours. We have more experiance at this level and players that are proven, your squad is made up of League One players.

I'm also sick of hearing that we've been at the bottom of the league for 2 years in a row and that were relegation fodder. In 09/10 we were down there becuase we were deducted 10 points for admin, before this we were pushing for the play-offs, but you seem to ignore that. Last year, we had a combination of things that went wrong. New inexperianced owners, a manager in Burley who was totally wrong forthe club after an administration (he wanted to play attractive gung-hoe football when we needed a season of stablization). Add to this long term injuries to our 2 best outfieild players in Danns and Ambrose and we were alwways going to struggle. Have a bit of resepct for the job that Freedman did, we were 23rd when he came in and we ended up staying up by 6 points. I've never once said he is better than Poyet but i also don't see why i should acknowledge that Poyet is the better manager, only this season when both are on a level playing field can a fair comparison be made. As i posted earlier, i think were both finish between 14th-19th.

Well done on the new stadium, i'm pleased for you, the Withdean must have been hell. You were a class act last year aswell. But please don't try to make out you are now light years ahead of us. We have a new stadium in the pipeline, an amazing academy and in CPFC2010 owners who care about the club and will run us within our means for once. But we still can be competitive. Your 18,500 season tickets is an excellent acheivement but it has coniceded with the promotion and the football that Gus has got you playing. I would expect your attendences to level out to about 15,000 in a year or so. You have to admit quite a few new fans have jumped on the bandwagon...

The CMS/Murray debate, we could go on and on all week about it. Again, we won't know who has got the better deal until next season but i stand by my view, considering we got Glenn on a free and you spent £3 million CMS, i think we got better value considering there was only a difference of 5 league goals this year.

That's enough from me, i've taken a lot of abuse on this forum and it's all got a bit "my dad is bigger than your dad", rather petty. I'm sure if i meet most of you one on one for a pint and a chat over the game that we all love you would be decent people and you would think the same about me. If there's grammar mistake's on this post then i apologise but i can't be arsed to check and amend little details for the sake of being anal and pleasing others (there's a joke in there somewhere)

Anyway, best of luck next season and see you at The Amex/Selhurst.

You really are bothered by us aren't you!? Despite repeated reminders you still choose to perpetuate the CMS/Murray debate when it should be the Hoskins/Murray debate since he was Murray's replacement.Whatever way you try and paint it, you've got Murray and are welcome to him, we've got Hoskins & CMS and what we paid is immaterial, like we give a shit about the relative value of the deals, Poyet & Bloom have not put a foot wrong since they took over and I trust their judgement over a player before yours or any other Palace fan who laughably have yet to see Murray even kick a ball. If Murray is on a par with CMS as you claim where were all the clubs clamouring to sign him? There were really just you mugs willing to get ripped off by his demands which we could have easily improved on but chose not to because he wasn't worth it.

As for crowds, we used to regularly have 25-30,000 at the Goldstone in years gone by and far from crowds going down you will see an increase in ST holders and regular gates of 20k+

Your posts will be fun bouncing later on this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well... Spurs have just confirmed that Woodgate has been released

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Woodgate is a great defender and easily prem standard when fit. Unfortunately for anyone trying to sign him, he probably won't ever be injury free.
You can talk about finishing above us as much and as often as you want - but the fact is that you haven't done it for decades. I'll admit that you've got a better squad than we have when you've got:

A better keeper than Speroni
A better defender than Clyne
A better midfielder than KG or
A better forward than Ambrose

As it stands - you've got none of those things. I also don't understand how we can have "no future" when we've got one of the best academies in the country, producing Premier League talent on a regular basis.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Woodgate is a great defender and easily prem standard when fit. Unfortunately for anyone trying to sign him, he probably won't ever be injury free.
You can talk about finishing above us as much and as often as you want - but the fact is that you haven't done it for decades. I'll admit that you've got a better squad than we have when you've got:

As it stands - you've got none of those things. I also don't understand how we can have "no future" when we've got one of the best academies in the country, producing Premier League talent on a regular basis.

Speroni is a better keeper than Ankergren yes.

Clyne is one quality defender; we have three in Greer, Calderon and Painter.

We have sold Bennett but brought in Buckley plus we still have Dicker and Bridcutt who had championship clubs interested in them and possibly KLL to add to that.

Upfront you cannot compete with Hoskins, Barnes and Mackail-Smith.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove

Who the fcuk is KG? Isn't Ambrose in midfield ? and the other two I don't know (but I wouldn't as we have been watching league 1 & 2 footie for years, trying to get in the Championship legitimately rather than cling onto it illegitimately) .

If you have such a wonderful academy why are you so shit ?

Your manager is an unknown outside Selhurst who still hasn't mustered an away win in League or Cup.

Your ground is falling down and you are putting up (and taking down) posters pleading for extra support.

And from the other thread your Arthur Wait Massiv are only massive in the manboob area.

From the 6th August you are no longer better than us in anyway.:rave:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
To be fair Eagle that is quite a decent post,I drink with two Palace fans and we have great banter.Don't get me wrong I'm Brighton through and through and have beem for 53 years,but would like to settle a couple of points with you.
Right, this will be my last post on here till September 27th, i promise! I will be however be back after the game, (win, lose or draw)

To think that CMS turned down West Ham for you because you are a bigger club or have a better future is rubbish, he went for the money (just like Murray) end of.

MY REPLY CMS did NOT turn down West Ham or Leicester for money,he would have got more money at both those clubs.He did'nt join us because we are a big club his own words "I wanted to join Brighton for the ambition shown by the club and they play football which suits my way of play"

There's also way to much crap going about Palace on here, we do have money to spend as i have proved but most of you seem to ignore that and slag our player's off. I still stand by my comments, ask any neutral who's squad they would rather have at time of writing and i think most would pick ours. We have more experiance at this level and players that are proven, your squad is made up of League One players.

MY REPLYYou do have a couple of good players which could grace the Blue'White,Spironi,Ambrose...and loyal" kiss the badge Clyne" who could'nt turn up for the Player of the Year award,but do you honestly believe that Ambrose,Clyne will still be there at the beginning of the season. Even Earnshaw has turned you down.You say your players are more experienced...well that's true...at fighting relegation

Well done on the new stadium, i'm pleased for you, the Withdean must have been hell. You were a class act last year . Your 18,500 season tickets is an excellent acheivement but it has coniceded with the promotion and the football that Gus has got you playing. I would expect your attendences to level out to about 15,000 in a year or so. You have to admit quite a few new fans have jumped on the bandwagon...

MY REPLY Yes we have new fans,we had a lost generation of young fans when we were playing at Gillingham for our home games now there is a chance for them to follow at the Amex. So you reckon that we lose 3,500 season ticket holders after a season,we have a waiting list for season ticket holders You also,admit that Gus has got us playing good football. He is not going to change his style now we've been promoted is he.

The CMS/Murray debate, we could go on and on all week about it. Again, we won't know who has got the better deal until next season but i stand by my view, considering we got Glenn on a free and you spent £3 million CMS, i think we got better value considering there was only a difference of 5 league goals this year.

MY REPLY As regards CMS and Murray. Reading,QPR,Leicester,West Ham wanted to sign CMS.(35 goals)....and Murray(22)...well you were the only club who wanted 'Le Sulk'...you got him free...apart from his signing on fee,agents fee. CMS £2.25 Mill rising to £3Mill with add ons with double the workrate of GM. The neutrals and my Palace mates reckon we got the bargain.

Anyway, best of luck next season and see you at The Amex/Selhurst.

MY REPLY Same to you mate,the proof of the pudding will be shown during the season,have a £50 bet with Palace mates that we will finish above you.
Already won £50 from last season on a comparative league basis

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The table won't lie come the end of the season. Brighton WILL be ahead of the scum and I for one will give it large...

...but not before the season ends.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

We have sold Bennett but brought in Buckley plus we still have Dicker and Bridcutt who had championship clubs interested in them and possibly KLL to add to that.

Upfront you cannot compete with Hoskins, Barnes and Mackail-Smith.

Clyne is far superior to all of your defenders, as I'm sure you know. You've got players that Championship clubs have been interested in. Wow. We've got 4/5 players being linked with Premiership moves and bids every other week.

Upfront we haven't made our signings yet, but I'd wager that Murray is better than Hoskins and Barnes. CMS was undoubtedly a good player at L1 level, but has not got a good record in the second tier (obviously Murray hasn't either).

Ambrose isn't really a midfielder, he's a very attacking winger who never tracks back. You haven't got anyone, and I include Mackail-Smith in this, who can score more goals in the Championship and change games more often than he can.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CMS was undoubtedly a good player at L1 level, but has not got a good record in the second tier (obviously Murray hasn't either).

This is getting boring now. He was playing for a truely AWFUL side who were having, even by their standards, a terrible season - and yet, despite this, despite Peteborough finishing BOTTOM by 7 points (and 14 points from safety which incidentally was occupied by CPFC) he STILL scored a respectable 10 goals.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Who the fcuk is KG? Isn't Ambrose in midfield ? and the other two I don't know (but I wouldn't as we have been watching league 1 & 2 footie for years, trying to get in the Championship legitimately rather than cling onto it illegitimately) .

If you have such a wonderful academy why are you so shit ?

Your manager is an unknown outside Selhurst who still hasn't mustered an away win in League or Cup.

Your ground is falling down and you are putting up (and taking down) posters pleading for extra support.

And from the other thread your Arthur Wait Massiv are only massive in the manboob area.

From the 6th August you are no longer better than us in anyway.:rave:

KG is South Africa's captain who Fulham paid £5m for last year. We've managed to get him for £600k-£800k.

We were shit last season because we were crippled early on by a very poor manager, with very poor tactics using players in completely the wrong way. He didn't spend any of the money that was given to him, and was all round clueless, which is why he was sacked shortly after Christmas. We were completely screwed until Freedman came in and we managed to hit a run of form that would have seen us finish comfortably midtable, including 9/10 consecutive home games without conceding.

Our academy is exceptional, producing Premier League players like Ben Watson, Tom Soares and Victor Moses, and players who will soon be there like Clyne and Zaha in the last few years. It's quite exciting to know that you have a player on your hands who has a great chance of becoming Englands first choice right back. We have had one shit season that was down to our poor manager for the first half.

Our manager is relatively untested, but is young, hungry and has a very experienced assistant. He is learning very quickly. The away form was a mental problem, as the home form was so good. We had one of the best home records in the League, and the worst away record. This isn't due to our manager or the skill of our squad, it's all in the mind.

Our ground is hardly falling down - and we'll be leaving it at some point in the next 5/6 years anyway.

The Arthur Wait Massiv are relative unknowns at Palace - the HF are the "big boys" who actually organize things. Like this, for example, http://www.rednbluearmy.co.uk/Reports/2010-11/ReportHeaderTemplates/HF%20Display.jpg

We currently have a better playing squad than you do. We have a manager or unknown skill. We have a board that have given Freedman a budget bigger than Swansea's and Norwich last year (whatever that was) and he hasn't spent much of it yet.

Stop being so arrogant, we've been around for much longer than you have and you've got a lot to prove in this League.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
This is getting boring now. He was playing for a truely AWFUL side who were having, even by their standards, a terrible season - and yet, despite this, despite Peteborough finishing BOTTOM by 7 points (and 14 points from safety which incidentally was occupied by CPFC) he STILL scored a respectable 10 goals.

Occupied for CPFC for financial - not footballing - reasons. We were in the playoffs before our deduction.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Clyne is far superior to all of your defenders, as I'm sure you know. You've got players that Championship clubs have been interested in. Wow. We've got 4/5 players being linked with Premiership moves and bids every other week.

Upfront we haven't made our signings yet, but I'd wager that Murray is better than Hoskins and Barnes. CMS was undoubtedly a good player at L1 level, but has not got a good record in the second tier (obviously Murray hasn't either).

Ambrose isn't really a midfielder, he's a very attacking winger who never tracks back. You haven't got anyone, and I include Mackail-Smith in this, who can score more goals in the Championship and change games more often than he can.

One good defender, who is likely to be gone before the start of the season,will not keep you out of trouble. If premiership clubs were sniffing round any of your players they'd be off like a shot, Judas will never be as good as Mackail-Smith all the time he has a hole in his arse. Ambrose obviously is a decent player but not as good as you wankers think he is. In one sentence, just like every other palace fan, your full of shit.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

But less goals/game than his two strike partners in Boyd and Mclean?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
One good defender, who is likely to be gone before the start of the season,will not keep you out of trouble. If premiership clubs were sniffing round any of your players they'd be off like a shot, Judas will never be as good as Mackail-Smith all the time he has a hole in his arse. In one sentence, just like every other palace fan, your full of shit.

None of our senior players will be leaving unless a ridiculous offer comes in - as confirmed by our manager and our chairmen. Premiership clubs have been sniffing around Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose. We rejected bids for Ambrose (QPR), Speroni (Fulham, deadline day in January), Zaha (Fulham - £2m and KG) and Clyne (countless clubs)

I have never said that Murray as is as good as CMS you idiot. I said that Ambrose is better. Murray is clearly not as good, but he is better than Hoskins and Barnes.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Bridcutt had a trial with us and was turned down because he wasn't as good as any of our other midfielders.

Clyne is our best defender and certainly better than Calderon - but I'd wager that McCarthy is better than Greer and Moxey is better than Painter. Every player is our squad bar Murray has a lot of Championship experience - Clyne has played over 100 games and he's only just turned 20!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports