Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I GUARANTEE you that you'll have a losing streak ,be it down to your general shitness, injuries or plain old bad luck . The only sides that dont will end up top six... and thats not you lot. Do you think opposition sides wont target Ambrose? from your posts on here I get a feeling he's your only line of supply.Your top scorer last season got 9 that doesn't say to me that the rest of your side create a glut of chances.As for the "freedman couldnt play the style he wanted" bollocks I think the quality of your side as much as league position would be the reason for that. Your squad could be weaker in august than it is now & unfortunatly for you I dont think many players will see palace as the attractive proposition you seem to think they are?

We might have a few games without winning, as will you. I don't think there'll be much of a streak going on. Opposition sides try to target Ambrose - but he hasn't suffered because of it in the last two years. Everyone knows how good he is - but it doesn't stop him.

Our top scorer was Vaughan, and he got 9 goals. He joined on loan in January though, so didn't play the full season. His goals/game record shows that he'd have scored 15 if he played the whole season. Ambrose was injured for most of it, and Danns was injured for a long time as well.

Freedman said after every game - win, lose or draw - that he hated playing the style we were in. It was down to our League position and the need for consistency and grinding out results that we couldn't play how he wanted us to.

Our squad won't be weaker in August - Freedman and the assistant manager have said that "no more senior players will be leaving" on countless occasions unless we get a massive offer. If we do get such an offer, we'll have a few million to spend on replacing that player. The chairmen have said that they will spend whatever is necessary to ensure that our squad is stronger in August than it was last season.

Glenn Murray seemed to find us more attractive a proposition than yourselves, Southampton and Millwall. Earnshaw was set to sign for us until Cardiff got involved - we can't compete with them financially or with the fact that he was born there and supported them. Money talks. We're not the richest in the League in terms of what we will actually spend, but we're definintely not one of the poorer sides. We can offer a very competitive deal to any player Freedman wants to sign. We'll be fine for next season.

I don't see how our squad could be weaker in August than it is now if we're not going to sell any of our senior players and we're looking to make 3+ more signings?

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

anything is easy if you lie.

The club didn't pay off the st. Johns ambulance.

When your team is doing poorly in the league away from home as supporters you need to get behind them not desert them - or look for excuses - which you seem to be an expert on. 287 for an away game in the championship - come on !

You never reached 20k - you had a few £1 a head to in get in matches and still didn't reach 20k.

Whatever next - you didn't go into admin or face liquidation - there was thousands of palace supporters marching to save the club - freedman won all his away games - you didn't lose home and away to scunny - alan mullery overpriced you when he said you were a two bob club ?
love it :bhasign:great post

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Anything is easy if you lie.

The Club didn't pay off the St. Johns Ambulance.

When your team is doing poorly in the league away from home as supporters you need to get behind them not desert them - or look for excuses - which you seem to be an expert on. 287 for an away game in the Championship - come on !

You never reached 20k - you had a few £1 a head to in get in matches and still didn't reach 20k.

Whatever next - you didn't go into admin or face liquidation - there was thousands of Palace supporters marching to save the club - Freedman won all his away games - you didn't lose home and away to Scunny - Alan Mullery overpriced you when he said you were a two bob club ?

Anything is easy when you lie :)

Home vs Leeds - 20,142
In the home game vs Millwall we broke 20,000 - but the BBC reported the attendance as 17000. Steve Parish confirmed that the attendance was actually 20k after the game, and he had no idea where 17,000 had come from.

Whether it was the fans or the club - St Johns Ambulance were paid.

We got behind the team, I think that 287 is hardly that bad considering it was a sunday noon kickoff on Sky! Many teams brought worse to Swansea on Saturdays!

We did go into Administration. There were thousands of Palace supporters in protest to save the club?

HoveHorace - "When you can't prove things - just invent facts!"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
love it :bhasign:great post

Great post? It was wrong!

I can't be arsed to talk to you lot any more - you just make things up when the facts don't support what you're trying to say!

Average attendance decreased - Wrong
You didn't reach 20k - Wrong
You shafted the St Johns Ambulance - Wrong

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I can't be arsed to talk to you lot any more - you just make things up when the facts don't support what you're trying to say!

You seem a reasonable man, so why on earth do you then expect to get a fair hearing on a Brighton messageboard when you support Palace? Hiding for nothing mate, I'm sure your energies would be better spent elsewhere. As for who's the most deluded?, what a pointless argument from both sides. Most football fans are either hopelessly deluded or eternal pessimists when it comes to their teams.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Anything is easy when you lie :)

Home vs Leeds - 20,142
In the home game vs Millwall we broke 20,000 - but the BBC reported the attendance as 17000. Steve Parish confirmed that the attendance was actually 20k after the game, and he had no idea where 17,000 had come from.

Whether it was the fans or the club - St Johns Ambulance were paid.

We got behind the team, I think that 287 is hardly that bad considering it was a sunday noon kickoff on Sky! Many teams brought worse to Swansea on Saturdays!

We did go into Administration. There were thousands of Palace supporters in protest to save the club?

HoveHorace - "When you can't prove things - just invent facts!"

Can,t let this thousands of fans crap go,your showing outside smellhurst and that pathetic march to the city to save your club at the last minute,couple hundred at the most ,i saw the pictures :wanker:

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I think that 287 is hardly that bad

Says it all - :tosser:

The trouble with someone like you is that everyone on here knows that you would have been spouting the exact same bullshit at this stage last year. And you would have been saying the exact same things about Norwich as you are about the Albion if they were your "rivals".

No doubt you were one of the Swansea 287 and if so can you name them ?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
A new paridigm is upon us. For those unsettled or disinfranchised by the new age first there will come denial, followed by disbelief, followed by dispair.

Unlucky Palace Wankers.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Freedman said after every game - win, lose or draw - that he hated playing the style we were in. It was down to our League position and the need for consistency and grinding out results that we couldn't play how he wanted us to.

Our squad won't be weaker in August - Freedman and the assistant manager have said that "no more senior players will be leaving" on countless occasions unless we get a massive offer.

We're not the richest in the League in terms of what we will actually spend, but we're definintely not one of the poorer sides. We can offer a very competitive deal to any player Freedman wants to sign. We'll be fine for next season.

I don't see how our squad could be weaker in August than it is now if we're not going to sell any of our senior players and we're looking to make 3+ more signings?

A) I wouldnt take much notice of what freedman says , he has already been proven to be a serial bullshitter

B) As I've already pointed out your players are no different to anybody elses & will be off like a shot to a premiership club . Thats a fact of football life, like it or not. Your not going to get many good players if you offer a club half of what they've already turned down for a player ( Ings)
C) As has been shown time & time again judas is with you for one reason only, we didnt value him enough to give him what he wanted nor did millwall or southampton.You need to get your head round the fact that your big summer signing is a Brighton reject who ,according to the south london press, was basically told to sod off by millwall when they found out his wage demands

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
We might have a few games without winning, as will you. I don't think there'll be much of a streak going on. Opposition sides try to target Ambrose - but he hasn't suffered because of it in the last two years. Everyone knows how good he is - but it doesn't stop him.

Our top scorer was Vaughan, and he got 9 goals. He joined on loan in January though, so didn't play the full season. His goals/game record shows that he'd have scored 15 if he played the whole season. Ambrose was injured for most of it, and Danns was injured for a long time as well.

Our squad won't be weaker in August - Freedman and the assistant manager have said that "no more senior players will be leaving" on countless occasions unless we get a massive offer. If we do get such an offer, we'll have a few million to spend on replacing that player. The chairmen have said that they will spend whatever is necessary to ensure that our squad is stronger in August than it was last season.

Glenn Murray seemed to find us more attractive a proposition than yourselves, Southampton and Millwall. Earnshaw was set to sign for us until Cardiff got involved - we can't compete with them financially or with the fact that he was born there and supported them. Money talks. We're not the richest in the League in terms of what we will actually spend, but we're definintely not one of the poorer sides. We can offer a very competitive deal to any player Freedman wants to sign. We'll be fine for next season.

Reminds me of that Aussie joke - "How do you know when the POMS land at Sydney Airport ? you can still hear the whining when the engines are turned off" :smile:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Why don't you just f*** off then you plum? You are so worried about us you can't stop posting. Your posts are so delusional I suspect you still believe in the tooth fairy and father christmas.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Freedman says,"No more senior players will be leaving...is this the same Freedman who said "We have no interest in signing Glen Murray"

You could have signed Earnshaw until Cardiff got involved...have'nt they got money problems...and if you can't compete moneywise how are the hell are you going to pay for this pipedream of a new stadium you lot keep on about.

Your top scorer was Vaughan a loan player who came after the season began, 9 goals...our Right Back only got one less than that....says a lot about your teams forwards does'nt it! How can you qualify that statement he would have scored 15...what are you...a fortune teller.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Freedman says,"No more senior players will be leaving...is this the same Freedman who said "We have no interest in signing Glen Murray"

You could have signed Earnshaw until Cardiff got involved...have'nt they got money problems...and if you can't compete moneywise how are the hell are you going to pay for this pipedream of a new stadium you lot keep on about.

Your top scorer was Vaughan a loan player who came after the season began, 9 goals...our Right Back only got one less than that....says a lot about your teams forwards does'nt it! How can you qualify that statement he would have scored 15...what are you...a fortune teller.

You'd be surprised what people who live in caravans can do if you offer them enough cash...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here