Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
As far as I'm concerned, people who don't want a bit of banter with our oldest rivals can do one, and don't bother coming to the game in September either, give your ticket to someone who appreciates the magnitude of the occasion.

It's been a long time coming round, and many are going to enjoy it, that is what being a football fan is all about. I think many older Brighton fans always believed we were as big as Palace, but that has seemed a ludicrous concept in recent years with our troubles. Now finally the facts support it, so lighten up, and enjoy being back on a level playing field after 25 years.

I probably missed most of the rivalry between Brighton & Palace as I didn't start watching The Albion until 1982. Maybe that's why I don't consider them rivals at all. They don't even come in my top 5 of most disliked/hated teams. Until Palace become a much bigger team I will never consider them rivals as I believe you have to at least know of some of your "rivals" fans to make it interesting. As it stands Palace aren't nearly big enough to have fans living outside a 10 mile radius of their ground I don't think.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Your team is like the kind of jigsaw you find in a nursing home. 11 large wooden bits, 2 of them are missing, 3 of them belong in a totally different jigsaw and the rest soaking wet where some oap had dribbled on them

Yeah - and only three of the corners are in the box

I've stretched that metaphor a bit too far, haven't I . . .

Anyway - any news on Woodgate & Ambrose or is that on another thread now?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, people who don't want a bit of banter with our oldest rivals can do one, and don't bother coming to the game in September either, give your ticket to someone who appreciates the magnitude of the occasion.

It's been a long time coming round, and many are going to enjoy it, that is what being a football fan is all about. I think many older Brighton fans always believed we were as big as Palace, but that has seemed a ludicrous concept in recent years with our troubles. Now finally the facts support it, so lighten up, and enjoy being back on a level playing field after 25 years.

:thumbsup:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Nothing wrong with a bit of banter but a lot of the comments are bordering on delusional and as someone said above cringeworthy.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
We both forgot Ambrose.
I didn't i just mentioned the names you had said but i would have replied with
Who is signing for us, do carry on...

However thats just a bit of fun as i dont really beliebe he will, i doubt he will go to QPR as they seem intent on forcing Warnock out by tieing his hands behind his back and i do actually think he will stay with you.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You have a better stadium and investment. Everything else is open to debate.

do you really think Freedman is better than Poyet? no other non palace fan in the country would agree.

do you really think Murray is the equal of CMS? Murray was'nt (cheers EE) chased by top championship and premier clubs and his goal record is worse.

since when did 9k STH become open to debate with 18500 STH in better supported?

you've lost it.......

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

totally This ^^

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
do you really think Freedman is better than Poyet? no other non palace fan in the country would agree.

do you really think Murray is the equal of CMS? Murray was'nt (cheers EE) chased by top championship and premier clubs and his goal record is worse.

since when did 9k STH become open to debate with 18500 STH in better supported?

you've lost it.......

I never said that. I said you can't judge the two as the circumstances last year were different. Next yeat will tell us, only then. Same with Murray and CMS. You've paid £3 million for a player that scored 11 goals last time he was in this division, hardly anything to boost about. Same with Hoskins, great in League one but couldn't handle The Championship. You normally have 4000 season ticket holders, the new stadium, promotion and Gus has increased this. Well done, pat on the back.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I probably missed most of the rivalry between Brighton & Palace as I didn't start watching The Albion until 1982. Maybe that's why I don't consider them rivals at all. They don't even come in my top 5 of most disliked/hated teams. Until Palace become a much bigger team I will never consider them rivals as I believe you have to at least know of some of your "rivals" fans to make it interesting. As it stands Palace aren't nearly big enough to have fans living outside a 10 mile radius of their ground I don't think.

Phew, I'm not the only one. I was born in 1982 so personally the palace rivalry means bugger all to me. I have enjoyed the few league games we have played over recent years and the atmosphere it unquestionably brings unlike any other but this expectation to hate them isn't for me.

Sure I respect fans of a certain age will feel differently because they lived through the rivalry and have the right and the memories to feel a certain way but the expectation and insistence by some to hate palace based on a rivalry that started and peaked when they were in nappies (me included) or not even born at all is a bit strange to say the least.

But each to their own, I would put the saints and pompey over palace everytime in the rivalry league. Come march it will also include the teams directly above and below us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mug. You said we were only in for free's when in reality that's b*llshit. That is all.

It was Freedman that said that originally, but i guess the board want to secure the magic ten thousand season ticket holders, so they have dug deep.

I don't even know which player we are talking about.

Roll out the barrel...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Phew, I'm not the only one. I was born in 1982 so personally the palace rivalry means bugger all to me. I have enjoyed the few league games we have played over recent years and the atmosphere it unquestionably brings unlike any other but this expectation to hate them isn't for me.

Sure I respect fans of a certain age will feel differently because they lived through the rivalry and have the right and the memories to feel a certain way but the expectation and insistence by some to hate palace based on a rivalry that started and peaked when they were in nappies (me included) or not even born at all is a bit strange to say the least.

But each to their own, I would put the saints and pompey over palace everytime in the rivalry league. Come march it will also include the teams directly above and below us.

I blame the parents :cool:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

If you had been around in the 70's and early 80's you would feel very differently. As you weren't us oldies understand your detachment from what has been rated the 10th fiercest rivalry in britain.

I sort of admire you for starting to support the club after the halycon Mullary days..... you have only known limited success and lived through the basket case years.

If Palace can keep it together and stay up, I think you may just realise what all this fuss is about.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re the Albion vs Palace rivalry, the head-to-head history currently stands as follows:

Albion 36 wins
Palace 34 wins
22 draws.

Therefore, in terms of results, it's Palace who are behind us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hello serial bullshi**er! Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Murray, Iverson. I could go on, hardly shit mate. You carry on with Gordon Greer, old boy Ankergran and co...

And there's still plenty of time for us to get player's in. In fact we've just bid 500k for an international defender.So much for having no money!

Yes, you think you bid but then being a Palace fan you believe anything, you still think that your team isn't a joke. I suggest you pop out and try and find somewhere to park your caravan

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Right, this will be my last post on here till September 27th, i promise! I will be however be back after the game, (win, lose or draw)

Just want to get a final few things of my chest. The reason i came on here in the first place is because i read a lot of deluded and arrogant bollox from a fair amount of poster's and i wanted to bring a few down to earth. Yes, you won the league last year at a canter but please note this, the Championship is a bitch of a league and you will find it fairly tough looking at your present squad (same applies to us) The arrogance quite honestly is amazing, you are like the Chelsea of The Championship. To think that CMS turned down West Ham for you because you are a bigger club or have a better future is rubbish, he went for the money (just like Murray) end of. Lets also see how Gus does when you lose a few games instead of win week after week...

There's also way to much crap going about Palace on here, we do have money to spend as i have proved but most of you seem to ignore that and slag our player's off. Maybe i'm being a hypocrite when i say that you would love players such as Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose in your line-up but i truely believe that is the case. Freedman has said that it will take huge offers to take them away from us so i think were be keeping hold of them. Ambrose will not join you so move on. I still stand by my comments, ask any neutral who's squad they would rather have at time of writing and i think most would pick ours. We have more experiance at this level and players that are proven, your squad is made up of League One players.

I'm also sick of hearing that we've been at the bottom of the league for 2 years in a row and that were relegation fodder. In 09/10 we were down there becuase we were deducted 10 points for admin, before this we were pushing for the play-offs, but you seem to ignore that. Last year, we had a combination of things that went wrong. New inexperianced owners, a manager in Burley who was totally wrong forthe club after an administration (he wanted to play attractive gung-hoe football when we needed a season of stablization). Add to this long term injuries to our 2 best outfieild players in Danns and Ambrose and we were alwways going to struggle. Have a bit of resepct for the job that Freedman did, we were 23rd when he came in and we ended up staying up by 6 points. I've never once said he is better than Poyet but i also don't see why i should acknowledge that Poyet is the better manager, only this season when both are on a level playing field can a fair comparison be made. As i posted earlier, i think were both finish between 14th-19th.

Well done on the new stadium, i'm pleased for you, the Withdean must have been hell. You were a class act last year aswell. But please don't try to make out you are now light years ahead of us. We have a new stadium in the pipeline, an amazing academy and in CPFC2010 owners who care about the club and will run us within our means for once. But we still can be competitive. Your 18,500 season tickets is an excellent acheivement but it has coniceded with the promotion and the football that Gus has got you playing. I would expect your attendences to level out to about 15,000 in a year or so. You have to admit quite a few new fans have jumped on the bandwagon...

The CMS/Murray debate, we could go on and on all week about it. Again, we won't know who has got the better deal until next season but i stand by my view, considering we got Glenn on a free and you spent £3 million CMS, i think we got better value considering there was only a difference of 5 league goals this year.

That's enough from me, i've taken a lot of abuse on this forum and it's all got a bit "my dad is bigger than your dad", rather petty. I'm sure if i meet most of you one on one for a pint and a chat over the game that we all love you would be decent people and you would think the same about me. If there's grammar mistake's on this post then i apologise but i can't be arsed to check and amend little details for the sake of being anal and pleasing others (there's a joke in there somewhere)

Anyway, best of luck next season and see you at The Amex/Selhurst.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I love the way he slipped the admin part in there as if it was nothing.....as if almost it didn't matter that they'd done it AGAIN.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Right, this will be my last post on here till September 27th, i promise! I will be however be back after the game, (win, lose or draw)

Just want to get a final few things of my chest. The reason i came on here in the first place is because i read a lot of deluded and arrogant bollox from a fair amount of poster's and i wanted to bring a few down to earth. Yes, you won the league last year at a canter but please note this, the Championship is a bitch of a league and you will find it fairly tough looking at your present squad (same applies to us) The arrogance quite honestly is amazing, you are like the Chelsea of The Championship. To think that CMS turned down West Ham for you because you are a bigger club or have a better future is rubbish, he went for the money (just like Murray) end of. Lets also see how Gus does when you lose a few games instead of win week after week...

There's also way to much crap going about Palace on here, we do have money to spend as i have proved but most of you seem to ignore that and slag our player's off. Maybe i'm being a hypocrite when i say that you would love players such as Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose in your line-up but i truely believe that is the case. Freedman has said that it will take huge offers to take them away from us so i think were be keeping hold of them. Ambrose will not join you so move on. I still stand by my comments, ask any neutral who's squad they would rather have at time of writing and i think most would pick ours. We have more experiance at this level and players that are proven, your squad is made up of League One players.

I'm also sick of hearing that we've been at the bottom of the league for 2 years in a row and that were relegation fodder. In 09/10 we were down there becuase we were deducted 10 points for admin, before this we were pushing for the play-offs, but you seem to ignore that. Last year, we had a combination of things that went wrong. New inexperianced owners, a manager in Burley who was totally wrong forthe club after an administration (he wanted to play attractive gung-hoe football when we needed a season of stablization). Add to this long term injuries to our 2 best outfieild players in Danns and Ambrose and we were alwways going to struggle. Have a bit of resepct for the job that Freedman did, we were 23rd when he came in and we ended up staying up by 6 points. I've never once said he is better than Poyet but i also don't see why i should acknowledge that Poyet is the better manager, only this season when both are on a level playing field can a fair comparison be made. As i posted earlier, i think were both finish between 14th-19th.

Well done on the new stadium, i'm pleased for you, the Withdean must have been hell. You were a class act last year aswell. But please don't try to make out you are now light years ahead of us. We have a new stadium in the pipeline, an amazing academy and in CPFC2010 owners who care about the club and will run us within our means for once. But we still can be competitive. Your 18,500 season tickets is an excellent acheivement but it has coniceded with the promotion and the football that Gus has got you playing. I would expect your attendences to level out to about 15,000 in a year or so. You have to admit quite a few new fans have jumped on the bandwagon...

The CMS/Murray debate, we could go on and on all week about it. Again, we won't know who has got the better deal until next season but i stand by my view, considering we got Glenn on a free and you spent £3 million CMS, i think we got better value considering there was only a difference of 5 league goals this year.

That's enough from me, i've taken a lot of abuse on this forum and it's all got a bit "my dad is bigger than your dad", rather petty. I'm sure if i meet most of you one on one for a pint and a chat over the game that we all love you would be decent people and you would think the same about me. If there's grammar mistake's on this post then i apologise but i can't be arsed to check and amend little details for the sake of being anal and pleasing others (there's a joke in there somewhere)

Anyway, best of luck next season and see you at The Amex/Selhurst.
ok now f*** off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here