Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Scottish football do you follow ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My stepfather was a Glaswegian and rabid Orange protestant from a family of EXTREMELY rabid Orange protestants. I'll NEVER forget the first time I went to a family gathering in Glasgow and said I supported Celtic ...

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
My stepfather was a Glaswegian and rabid Orange protestant from a family of EXTREMELY rabid Orange protestants. I'll NEVER forget the first time I went to a family gathering in Glasgow and said I supported Celtic ...

How did you come out alive? Obviously they didn't build the gallows for you.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
rangers-logo.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
follow Kilmarnock too,they last won the league the year I was born

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
The mighty Cowdenbeath for me. Only ever seen them play 8 times though, but they have always been the Scottish team.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My wife's family were founder members of Celtic, but I'm not fussed. I tolerate my children's uncle giving them Celtic shirts, but they take little or no interest in their progress. When I was younger, the name Stenhousemuir appealed to me, but not any more.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Stenhousemuir, only because of the name.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit

One day Scotland may actually realise that it's about football and not who has the best imaginary friend.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My Dad was from Ayr but was billeted in Hove for part of WW2 and got into Albion following.He never went back to Scotland to live.

So I watch out for the "Honest Men", and also watch for Fort William with interest because they rarely win, and apparently struggle to overcome the shinty ethos which envelops that town. So come on Fort !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How did you come out alive? Obviously they didn't build the gallows for you.
Well I was only 14/15 and I think that helped, but even so my stepfather turned white and a few of the younger ones were a bit agitated. Luckily my step-grandad gave me his blue-and-white scarf and said "He's only a young lad and see, he's one of us now!" Also someone else found a Rangers rosette (you've got to be of a certain age to remember football rosettes and this was about 1972) and pinned it on me. Being young and coming from Sussex I was blissfully unaware of how deep the hatred was between the supporters of two football teams (although of course it isn't just football). However years later I was talking to one of the people who was there and they said they said there were still people who wanted to beat the crap out of me even after my 'conversion'.

theboybilly

Raith Rovers, after going up for a friend's wedding and taking in a game. Stark's Park was a decent little ground. But I have no real interest anymore. I remember somebody saying that even Alex Ferguson and George Graham stopped sending scouts across the border as there was nothing up there anymore.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think with the exciting rebranding of the Scottish League system interest in Scottish Football will have never been higher.

Sky reported last week that the audience for Celtics opener against Ross County, a highly charged and keenly contested game, broke all viewing records for opening games in the Scottish Premiership.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Newco Rangers. The likes of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Ally Mccoist in their prime when I was growing up. Was a joy to behold.

Surprised more haven't picked Dundee United

If like me, a child of the 80s, the tangerines were often playing the only European football on tv at the time (when English clubs were banned). Which was great, as they just so happened to be bloody good at the time. Loved the Tandardice nights. Never seen em in the flesh though.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Arbroath FC.

They hold the world record for the biggest win in senior world football, 36-0 v Bon Accord.

Their ground, Gayfield Park is the closest ground to the sea than any other club in Europe.

They are playing Rangers tonight.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Cowdenbeath
Does anyone know why the scottish results come through first on the BBC video printer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here