Which player just not good enough?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
At this level, players like Vincelot shouldn't be playing any more than a bit part. Barely decent squad player at best.
Are you telling me Vincelot couldnt better that display from Marcos?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Clearly the central midfield is a big problem area.

Navarro, Sparrow, Harley ( and Dicker ) not good enough, so as a minimum we need 2 more in here in January.

Personally I think we should cash in on Dunk, and bring in a replacement central defender with part of the money.

On top of this we need a fullback ( could be Reyes ) and an experienced striker ( sending Paynter back ).

We need to keep Harper, or get in someone else, as Ankergren is not the answer in goal..

So I seriously hope it's a busy January for us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Navarro, Sparrow, Harley ( and Dicker ) not good enough, so as a minimum we need 2 more in here in January.

Personally I think we should cash in on Dunk, and bring in a replacement central defender with part of the money.

On top of this we need a fullback ( could be Reyes ) and an experienced striker ( sending Paynter back ).

We need to keep Harper, or get in someone else, as Ankergren is not the answer in goal..

Just about spot on that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sadly I think Saints would have looked at our team sheet today and thought we were ripe for the taking. If most Albion fans are honest I think they would have been worried too. With the best will in the world Taricco and Painter were not going to stop a very confident and highly motivated team on top form with pacey and skillful wide players. If I were coaching for our opponents this season I would target our backs every time. We dont have good enough cover so we are too vulnerable. I am very supportive of the Albion and these guys have been great servants for the club and of course I recognise we are still work in progress but if we are to be serious contenders we do need to address these positions as a very high priorities - and soon.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Painters both not good enough for me. Dunk good ability lack experience. Caldo nope seems to lack anticipation. Harley really annoying, tech very good just plays to loosely and not a driving force.

Harley tech very good. You are joking, my 10 year old could kick a ball better than him. He was bloody awful again today.

Drakey

Oct 15, 2010
Hove/Hangleton border

Agreed - Spot on.

As much as it pains me to say it, if we can get circa £3m (maybe a cheeky 4?) for Dunky in Jan I think we could do some good business with that.
We've got Greer, El-Abd, Elphick & Cooky all capable in there at this level I believe, if they are all fit!

We need another top striker, after all Paynter is on loan & I'd be surprised if Gus looked to make that a permanent move.

We'll be a much stronger team with both Vicente & Hoskins back - January could be just as interesting as pre season!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Paynter Painter Dicker Navarro Harley Sparrow all not good enough

Added to which everyone likes Noone but how many chances has he created (his purpose in the side)? Frankly he huffs and puffs but like today no end product and he certainly got into positions today to make something happen. And the ball always ended up in the crowd! We all keep saying we do not create enough chances and for sure we do not so why still keep persisting with same people? Throw some youngsters into the fold. Give them a chance, they can't be anymore nondescript than those presently in the middle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All are rubbish sack the lot close the club down redevelop the ground and go support Crawley ...easy

Paynter Painter Dicker Navarro Harley Sparrow all not good enough

Added to which everyone likes Noone but how many chances has he created (his purpose in the side)? Frankly he huffs and puffs but like today no end product and he certainly got into positions today to make something happen. And the ball always ended up in the crowd! We all keep saying we do not create enough chances and for sure we do not so why still keep persisting with same people? Throw some youngsters into the fold. Give them a chance, they can't be anymore nondescript than those presently in the middle.
Ye..chuck in the youth team ..anyone older than 20 made to be a steward....and you can be manager too....your brilliant

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
His name is first on the team sheet every week and that worries me. I'd rather have vincelot playing left back.

vincelot had an exceptional game against liverpool and has been an outcast ever since. he is mobile, quick and uses the ball pretty well and is IMHO head and shoulders above marcos painter, who also IMHO is as slow as they come and rarely plays a good game. never gets forward, because he cant.

whilstive always been 100% behind poyet, he does make some quite frankly odd decisions at times.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The thread would be nearer to reality if you substituted the word "player(s)", in the title, with 'manager(s)'.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Agreed - Spot on.

As much as it pains me to say it, if we can get circa £3m (maybe a cheeky 4?) for Dunky in Jan I think we could do some good business with that.
We've got Greer, El-Abd, Elphick & Cooky all capable in there at this level I believe, if they are all fit!

We need another top striker, after all Paynter is on loan & I'd be surprised if Gus looked to make that a permanent move.

We'll be a much stronger team with both Vicente & Hoskins back - January could be just as interesting as pre season!

Elphick wasnt good enough in league 1! wake up and smell it mate!!!! why do people keep harping on about elphick

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Wonder where all the people that were saying painter was going to breeze the championship have gone now. Awful. I feel dreadfully sorry for CMS. He played left wing in the first half, supposed to build a team round him, what a joke that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports