Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which player just not good enough?

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Harley is shit. Lazy and is passing has been a joke. Seen better passing in junior football.

Need something down the left to go with. Can't just keep relying on noone all the time down the right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So would anyone object if Jake-Forster-Caskey was given a game?

Yes now is not the time to throw in a youngster. If NF gets the managers job at Northamton send him there on loan. Problem is Noone offers the world but his end product at the moment is poor and Lua Lua is no improvement. I think our wing play is dependant on having and playing a fit Buckley

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's about time Bloom pulled his finger out and sacked the entire backroom and playing staff. It is totally unacceptable that we don't win every match we play. You can't keep distracting us from this awful truth by giving us new pie flavours to taste, we need action and we need it now!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At the beginning of the season, I thought we needed a central defender and a box to box midfielder. Where we are going to get them from is a different matter. Cook looked more promising than Dunk to me.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Navarro should never play for the first team again. I said this about Brezovan in the past and got slated and look what happened.

Navarro does not lose the ball in possession in his own half of the pitch and he is fair at the short pass. It is just that he is not really an athlete and cannot cover as much ground as other players. He is a good reserve in case of lots and lots of injuries.

Navarro does not lose the ball in possession in his own half of the pitch and he is fair at the short pass. It is just that he is not really an athlete and cannot cover as much ground as other players. He is a good reserve in case of lots and lots of injuries.

He never runs with the ball, looks to get rid of it too quickly, never tackles, never shoots, lacks pace, makes one good pass in eight attempts and might be taking the place of someone with a bit of flair who does not mind about getting their knees dirty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Are you talking about the same player as Navarro loses the ball in miudfield a lot probably more so than any other midfielder other than possibly Bridcut who has been prone to try too much at times and loses it but usually wins it back. He is an ideal reserve if 7 or 8 other midfield players are injured biut Gus keeps starting him.

How can he possibly be a better choice than Vincelot? The good thing is El Abd could be fit for the game against Coventry.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Navarro, Harley, Elphick, Sparrow, Dicker, Ankergren, Paynter, Painter, Barnes, Brezovan, Calderon aren't good enough to be first-choice players in my opinion.

The only players at the club that are definitely up to this standard for me are CMS, Bridcutt and Vicente, who is a bloody crock.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

He never runs with the ball, looks to get rid of it too quickly, never tackles, never shoots, lacks pace, makes one good pass in eight attempts and might be taking the place of someone with a bit of flair who does not mind about getting their knees dirty.

Navarro has serious limitations, but he is not caught out of position and he does not lose the ball as often as say Dicker. I forgot about the equally slow Vincelot who may be able to play holding midfielder.

See:

http://www.nscaa.com/user_images/pdf/defending-holding-midfielder.pdf

The point of including Navarro is to allow Bridcutt to go forward. The important thing about a holding midfielder is that he does not get robbed in possession.

Southampton are a counter-attacking team and they did not manage one counter-attack in the first half. They just hoofed (quite accurately) into the channels.

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Navarro has serious limitations, but he is not caught out of position and he does not lose the ball as often as say Dicker. I forgot about the equally slow Vincelot who may be able to play holding midfielder.

See:

http://www.nscaa.com/user_images/pdf/defending-holding-midfielder.pdf

The point of including Navarro is to allow Bridcutt to go forward. The important thing about a holding midfielder is that he does not get robbed in possession.

Southampton are a counter-attacking team and they did not manage one counter-attack in the first half. They just hoofed (quite accurately) into the channels.

Which he didnt do once!!! yeah good point!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
It's about time Bloom pulled his finger out and sacked the entire backroom and playing staff. It is totally unacceptable that we don't win every match we play. You can't keep distracting us from this awful truth by giving us new pie flavours to taste, we need action and we need it now!

This.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gus has given last seasons player the opportunity to show that they can cope in The Championship or otherwise and now is the time to make some strong decisions during the January window and admit that certain players are not good enough for this division.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Think most of the team aren't up to this standard. Probably nooney, cms Buckley are but that's about it.

I think that is a bit over the top.

We need the right three to four players to transform into a top end Championship team - otherwise forget it and enjoy the experience at the Amex ie Championship football in a nice location ! I am sure that, as we are, we will at least stay there.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I wouldn't. Id love him to be given a chance and think he'd do well. young and hungry and he'd love the chance to prove himself.
Agreed, think Jake FC should at least get on the bench and introduced slowly in games. Vicente,CMS, Noone,Greer,Dunk,Reyes,Harper,Bridcutt,Buckley are up to the championship and possibly Vincelot,Cook,Calderon,El Abd and Lua Lua, he needs games not five minutes. Also disappointed that Bergkamp was not tried instead of signing Paynter he certainly looked better than him in pre season.Perhaps he will come back from Rochdale full of goals and confidence.Apparently had a decent debut yesterday.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Clearly the central midfield is a big problem area.

Navarro, Sparrow, Harley ( and Dicker ) not good enough, so as a minimum we need 2 more in here in January.

Personally I think we should cash in on Dunk, and bring in a replacement central defender with part of the money.

On top of this we need a fullback ( could be Reyes ) and an experienced striker ( sending Paynter back ).

We need to keep Harper, or get in someone else, as Ankergren is not the answer in goal..

So I seriously hope it's a busy January for us.

like your thinking

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Dunk, Mackail-Smith and Bridcutt are the only players good enough for this division, the rest can go and find other clubs for all I care. They were all out in town last night too, no doubt celebrating their great performance against Southampton. They still believe they are heroes for winning league one, but they have been found out now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here